Insurgent crest prototype

Eclipse

Well this is what I've been working on for the past few days, let me know what you think smile.gif

http://redrival.com/digitalec/crest.jpg

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Guest aramike01

Not bad... I like it. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Guest Ron Wallin

Sorry, Antilles, I just don't like it. It reminds me of the Transformers.

But, to be fair, here's the logo's I proposed almost a year ago. Perhaps Rattler forgot about them. Feel free to comment honestly as I have with you.

SPECTRE

these are just quick expamples. disregard the white edges, the finals (which i haven't found yet) are very clean.

Each color was intended to represent a different strike group or operations (i.e., covert ops, strike, logistix, etc.)

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 05-15-2000).]

Since when were we looking for a new logo? Sorry Antilles, but this is a surprise to me. I'm happy with spectre.gif. Is there a reason for this new logo/crest? Does it represent something? Was it approved for proposal?

I don't like the graphic. I don't see anything that represents us from the history we have. It's a sword buried in a wing logo that has a red gem on top of it. Representing a heart perhaps?

No not really sure of it. Really don't like it.

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Yeah I was talking with rattler about it, it was something I was messing around with, but haven't finalized any textures or design

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

quote:

But, to be fair, here's the logo's I proposed almost a year ago. Perhaps Rattler forgot about them. Feel free to comment honestly as I have with you.

Sorry, Rattler forgot about them because this is the first time that Rattler, to the best of his knowledge, has ever seen them! That's the God's Honest Truth. I like them Ron! We'd have been using them if I had remembered them! I would not have left them out of our Fleet Doc's either! Might still throw them in there if it's not too late! wink.gif

One thing for sure though, we need to start using something. Don't know about you guys but, I'm tired of seeing all those "GeeDunk" pins and crests from the OTHER Fleets and us not using any! Let me know what you think Insurgents!

Also, don't know if anyone caught this or not but someone Other than a Moderator/Admin started this thread. Ask and Ye shall receive! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well! - Josh Billings

Guest aramike01

Since we're all being no-holds-barred here, I figure it's time to put my opinion in the fray. wink.gif

No offense to anyone here, but I personally like Eclipse's rendering better than Ron's. Take out the gem, and it would be one hell of an evil icon, I think.

For now, I elect to adopt Eclipse's crest as the emblem for Spectre StarStation's staff. Get those sewing kits out, ladies and gents! It should be placed on your left sleeves.

Anyway, to avoid this being a long and drawn out issue, I propose that we allow one week from a date to be determined for submissions. After that, all in the Insurgency will be allowed to vote on which one they prefer. Of course, Rattler will have full veto power.

That's my two bits!

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

Ok Insurgents, break out those designing tools, pencils, and ballots. Looks like we have the makings of a debate and decide thread starting here. Just remember, this isn't a "no holds barred" thread. Proper respect, decorum, and ATTITUDE will be observed at all times. Now go to your corners and come out drawing! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well! - Josh Billings

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 05-15-2000).]

Antilles- Your design isn't all that bad.

Ron- Your design is good as well. Although, no offense, but why does there even have to be various colored insignias to represent the various fleets? For example, no matter what unit you are with in the Marine Corps, the Marine Corps eagle, globe and anchor is still the same color. Just my two cents.

I think that whatever is being drawn up, should somehow incorporate possibly all the Insurgent fleets in the same design. Or just do away with incorporating fleets into the design altogether and just make the insignia. Again, just my two cents.

No matter what fleet we are in, we are still all on the same side in the Insurgency. Plus on a side note, being in Covert Ops, I certainly wouldn't want to take the chance of being captured with an insignia that basically says that I'm with Covert Ops! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Got my pencils and Ballots ready. The pencils are for erasures on the ballots cause I can't draw. wink.gif. All for a crest now that we are on the same page.

Now is this for the entire fleet? Or specific stations?

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

There's nothing out there written that says each individual SS or SB couldn't have their own patch if they wanted it. I will say this though, If one does it we all do it. It has to be uniform across the Fleet. We will, however, have a singular crest/pin for the Insurgency. There has to be something that says Spectre when you look at it. You decide, Insurgents.

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

Guest Ron Wallin

Well, as far as unified look is concerned: my design was intended to be Spectre's form of aviator's wings. I'm working on a patch'y and a better wing'y version of my design.

As for crests, patches, insignia : we can get as colorful as you all want. I ask this one thing though: Keep it simple! There's nothing I laugh at more than 3rd world leaders in military costumes with ribons and medals on every empty bit of cloth.

I don't want to look like B.A. Baracus from the A-Team either(Mr. T). So, if this get's outrageous, then I will put the hammer down and we will go with nothing. Only two people will be able to overide my decision, Rattler, and SC. I doubt they want to see Insurgents bow-backed by the weight of t.g.i. friday flare. (SC might though > Spectre(IOfficial Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Guest aramike01

quote:

There's nothing I laugh at more than 3rd world leaders in military costumes with ribons and medals on every empty bit of cloth.

LOL!

I totally agree with Ron. Simple it should be, esp. considering that we're still supposed to be a rag-tag band a rebels, so to speak.

IMHO, it should also show a sign of the times. We are in the future, you know. wink.gif

And if someone could incorporate something indicative of freedom into the crest it'd be more symbolic of our struggle.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

I don't want to pick sides on this topic but I do like Eclipses Crest. I thank that it should be the Crest Of The Insurgency but that is my thought. I do agree that for Starstations and Squads there should be a different crest for each one. But the design for the crest for any squad of group of anykind must be up the leader of that squad. Hope that doesnt throw anyone here off.

See ya!

------------------

Cmdr. Chris Alan Blair

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Ticonderoga

quote:

There's nothing out there written that says each individual SS or SB couldn't have their own patch if they wanted it

As Rattler stated above....are we going to do this or not guys?

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by ShoHashi (edited 05-16-2000).]

Guest aramike01

So to summarize...

Each station and base is allowed it's own insignia. I have already selected Eclipse's Crest for Spectre StarStation.

The debate rests upon which insignia will be adopted for the entire fleet.

So pull out those design tools, and let's get some submissions and take a vote.

Ron, I do like the idea of having different colored insignia for each division. In response to ShoHashi, think of it as a different yet unified insignia for each of the various branches of our military, as the Big 4 of the US military each have their own insignia.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 05-16-2000).]

Well after posting the original crest that seems to have sparked this thing off, Ron and I got to gether and came up with this... Yes it's Rattler approved. So here is the image we put together, hope you guys like it. Nearly forgot to mention, its a bit hard to see on the white the webbrowser displays around it.

http://redrival.com/digitalec/crest_final.jpg

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 05-16-2000).]

Guest Ron Wallin

Ok boys and girls, time for me to chime in once again smile.gif.

A. I'm against every SS/SB having it's own stuff. We've got too many of them for that.

1. Currently there are 3 seperate sections of Spectre (the fleet you ALL belong to)..

2. There's At least two SS's to each section.

3. There's are 4 SB's...

All totalled, the man at the bottom gets 1. Spectre 2. Section 3. SS 4. SB 5. Whatever else.

Sorry folks, but that makes a chest and shoulder full...

So, here's my proposal (since when did Spectre become a democracy, sheesh!):

1. All members of spectre have a rank insignia. See Rattler's(click on the fleet icon) page as to what that insignia is. This insignia is worn atop the sholder at the end of the epaulet(about an inch from the sholder to arm crease).

2. All Ship Commanders of Spectre wear a yet to be finalized copy of the Spectre Wings.

3. Special Forces (Elite Marines, Motley Fools... All those NOT in command of a Ship) wear the new insignia created by Antilles found in the first post to this thread.(However, their very nature means they won't be wearing much if anything at all that will denote their loyalties while they are active, but we're not active all the time are we?!).

4. Members of Spectre will wear on their LEFT arm Antilles new Patch.

5. The only other FLARE will be the ribbons worn under the wings (depending on which version) that you earned during training.

Folks, Spectre was created on the basis that we are all STILL Insurgents. That means that although we are growing, we are still a hunted people. As such, we cannot afford TOO much structure. No one, other than the Command Staff (and sometimes not even them) have a permanent assignment.

You will be assigned where needed. That means (depending on your training status indicated by the ribbons you have earned) that one week you could be working on covert ops with Andergum, the next week Strike Ops with LD, then the next 3 years scrubbing wharehouses for Chavik, and the remainder of your days furthering Insurgent causes on your own.

That kind of flexibility REQUIRES a measure of anonymity. Also, it means you could be changing SS, SB, even Spectre insignia EVERY DAY. That's not what we're about.

------------------

Ron/Akira

Spectre(I'm still not sure what's going on there)

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Sometimes it takes a gentle nudge to bring one back to reality, other times it takes a brick. Insurgents, even I have forgotten our history. We live and die by secrecy. That's always been our way. Our strength has always been the inability of our enemies to actually know what job/task each individual had been assigned. Our weaknesses have always been our inability to remain in the shadows and strike when the time was right and JUST! Akira has just hit me with a brick!

Since Akira pointed you to my site and the information contained there, I must advise you that this information/documentation there is awaiting final approval from the SC. Don't start using/wearing any of that stuff until I get the "All Clear" from The Man! OK?

From this moment on, this voting is closed. We use the last presentation from Antilles as Spectre Fleet Logo. I'll work with Akira on the Wings, and the Ribbons are a sure thing. We will set up standards for us to earn those ribbons, and once earned, worn with pride. Just so we are all on the same page Insurgents, Akira IS Spectre Fleet Commander. He only has one Boss. ME!

You all work for him. Understood?

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

Excellent logo guys... really excellent!!!

I was trying to think of what would make a good logo for the Insurgency for the last few days... and you guys NAILED it!

The earth with a spectre watching over it...

awesome...

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Guest aramike01

Sounds good to me, guys. Although, sirs, in my humble opinion, we should keep a pretty tight structure. After all, it is 20 years ahead of BC3K. Judging simply by our assets, we are a lot more than a band of rebels now. At the very least, we could even term ourselves as a military.

But as always, I intend on following my superior's orders to the letter. Just thought I'd put my thoughts on record. smile.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

quote:

We use the last presentation from Antilles as Spectre Fleet Logo. I'll work with Akira on the Wings, and the Ribbons are a sure thing. We will set up standards for us to earn those ribbons, and once earned, worn with pride. Just so we are all on the same page Insurgents, Akira IS Spectre Fleet Commander. He only has one Boss. ME!

You all work for him. Understood?

No complaints here, Rattler.

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by ShoHashi (edited 05-20-2000).]

[semi RP]

We do have a tight structure. Not because of some gun's a'blazing all flags flying commander but because we believe[/] in our cause.

We should not have an open, easily read structure. We are tight because we beleive in our cause. We have a tight structure but's let's not advertise it and open it up for anyone and everyone to take a potshot and shut it down. {g}

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

Guest aramike01

Point well heard. Makes sense to me. If everyone knows where the supplies come from, per se, it'd be too easy to disrupt that.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer