Insurgent news updates

OK, Now that you guys have gone ahead with the assinment of Cmdr Blair to his new home and responsibilities, someone please be sure and brief him of the fate that awaits him if he doesn't turn over a new leaf. I personally have some doubts about this but it's up to you guys to martial your own troops, as it should be. Kinda nice to see the Task Force Commanders taking charge. Very Nice Indeed! God Speed Commander Blair, Now hit the bricks Insurgent! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Kickin' after all these years!"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aramike01

No worries, boss. I wouldn't have approved his transfer from my station unless I thought he could handle it. While Spectre may be my responsibility, if I see something I believe detrimental to the Insurgency as a whole, I'll do my best to straighten it out.

[RP]

Cmdr. Blair, one last word before you go. Behave yourself and follow Sho's instructions as best as you can. Don't try to be a vigilante 'cause in this fleet, that doesn't work. We're here as a team so never forget that.

Sho-

The only thing I can say is that I think that you got a good one. The only thing I can recommend is for you to take baby-steps with him rather than thrusting the weight of New Frontier on him right away. He needs a little bit of a "team work" crash course, and a small amount of protocol adjustment but that's about it.

Good luck to both of you!

[RP]

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

quote:

new home and responsibilities, someone please be sure and brief him of the fate that awaits him if he doesn't turn over a new leaf. I personally have some doubts about this but it's up to you guys to martial your own troops, as it should be. Kinda nice to see the Task Force Commanders taking charge. Very Nice Indeed! God Speed

Cmdr Blair WILL be briefed. But I'm sure he'll find me as lenient on some things as Rattler. As far as martialing our own troops, that's the way it should be.

RP ON

quote:

Sho-

The only thing I can say is that I think that you got a good one. The only thing I can recommend is for you to take baby-steps with him rather than thrusting the weight of New Frontier on him right away. He needs a little bit of a "team work" crash course, and a small amount of protocol adjustment but that's about it.

I think he'll make a fine CEO. I'll make sure I gradually immerse him into his duties and mentor him as well. If he doesn't work out (which I doubt), I'll face the consequences. That's just one of the responsibilities of command. Thanks for your input Aramike! smile.gif

RP OFF

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Guys, I think Wraith is coming up with a plan. It's Fighter Command is coming up with some impressive ideas on using massive numbers of fighters with strong missiles to bring down capital ships. I think we need to have a chat about this new threat. Their up to something big and I have a feeling were the first targets on the hitlist.

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

We also have fighters. Since these craft could be deployed in an anti-fighter role to intercept the incomming "bomber" craft. If the enemy loses the craft outfited with heavy missiles, the fighter threat will be greatly reduced. Also carriers should be kept in formation to allow their PTA systems to provide mutual support. The PTA should only target the fighters as secondary targets: the primary targets should be any incomming missiles launched at range. Fighter screens should deal with enemy fighters and smaller capital ships such as the cruisers should be tasked with providing harrassment fire to prevent enemy fighters from taking long strafing runs at our capital ships. All capital ships should be warned not to stray far from the main fleet in pursuit of enemy craft. Our main carrier force should target one ship as a group in order to maximize the firepower brought to bear. by combining a bomber run and a carrier barrage, the enemy craft should be heavily damaged. If it is obvious that the battle is in our favor, smaller taskforces can be broken off to hunt down remaining ships.

My biggest problem with this is actually getting ppl to dicipline themselves enough to make it work. if ppl aren't diciplined enough then this will cause more damage than good. If they can't get it to work, well.... then we would have chaos reigning supreme and any coherant command and control would fall to the hands of individual commanders and the fighters and cruisers assigned to them. Sorry, I'll stop now I'm rambling biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Well, should we ever fall under siege, you can be sure I'll be there to back everyone up and follow orders like a good soldier smile.gif Come on guys, who's with me? Are you all man, no, Insurgent enough to keep your cool and follow orders from the higher-ups in the midst of combat? As in, if you're asked to move to a given waypoint that will help cut off the enemy flanking maneuvers around New America, you'll go "how fast?", not "I'm too heavily engaged!", correct? Because even if there's about 40 Vagrants closing in, if someone wants me in a certain position, damnit, I'll move there, even if all I have left is a burning hulk when I arrive!

....Wait, that wouldn't actually be too useful... but, you get my point smile.gif Discipline is everything guys, rogue commanders in the midst of battle doesn't help us at all.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Guest aramike01

One problem with your logic, Eclipse: Never keep an utterly valuable asset in danger unless there is no route for escape or the pay-off greatly exceeds the risk.

The carriers should immediately split formation for a couple of reasons: First, if they remain in formation, a missile fired at one that misses stands a good chance of hitting another.

Second, considering the amount of firepower already in the area, the PTAs of these ships would only result in negligable enemy damage.

The key is to remember that when you're on offense, you're on offense. But if they attack, you're on the defensive. When on the defensive a force must first assure neutralization of the direct threat before engaging in offensive endeavors such as placing heavy ships in the line of fire in order to aide in the destruction of the enemy. On defense, the destruction of the enemy is really only a means to the end of saving the skin of your most valuable assets.

I say have the carriers break formation and fall as far to the rear of our forces as possible. Assure that they don't go too far; they must stay under our forces' umbrella of protection. Use fighters to provide the initial shock protection and formate lighter cap ships well behind them. Have another group of fighters run protection for these ships. Heavier cruisers go just behind them and just in front of the carrier force, again protected by fighters. The carrier force should be screened with even more fighters who primarily target incoming missiles. Also, never, ever target only one threat at a time. While the principle is sound, the danger of the untargetted craft is overwhelming. They would then only face harassment fire which isn't too dangerous to a force as a whole. On the defensive, it's much better to damage 20 than to destroy 10. You're just trying to stay alive at this point. And, when you have 20 damaged ships, their effectiveness is weakened which may provide the opportunity for a counter-offensive involving the carriers.

The key here: If attacked, stay alive until you can fight back. Don't prematurely try to turn the enemy's offensive right back on them, because you'll get beat every time. And, if neccessary, give them an inch or two. If they feel they are gaining while we play rear-guard, we can throw it right back in their faces when the opportunity exists. If you're up against the wall and can't afford to give an inch, make the enemy progress to increasingly difficult lines of defense thus wearing him down so the bigger boys in the rear can take him out with relative ease.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

Just a few thoughts to add:

1. Never fight the enemy on his terms, always fight them on your own if possible. Nothing can screw up an offensive as completly as an enemy who refuses to abide by your carefully laid-out attack plan.

Initiave and surprise are two of our greatest weapons,and having a battlecruiser uncloak on top of a galcom fighter formation, nailing a couple fighters, then running back to defensive positions, is an example of disrupting the formation and instilling fear in the enemy. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Rampspite

Spectre Fleet

Commander, Sygan Station

ICV Phantom

motto "Isn't that what shields are for?"

Good point, mike. I guess I was thinking more from an offenive POV.

Ramspite: I didn't post ALL of what I was thinking. It wasn't necessary for my post so I left it out.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Stop Discussing Tactics on an open network Gentlemen! 'Nuff Said!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Guest Ron Wallin

[rp]

OMG! WTF IS GOING ON HERE!!!

Cmdr.'s Kristophers, Rampsite, Parias, DarkHorizon, and Atilles... MY OFFICE NOW!!!

Gentlemen, that you discuss tactics among yourselves is one thing. I encourage and expect that. However, for you to openly remark about tactics on uncoded channels for the universe to freely read while relieving bodily functions is beyond reproach.

Add to that the crap I had to endure when Rattler relayed the error to ME! Not only do I have to endure a shakedown from Insurgent One, I get to hear it from perhaps the worst Fleet Cmdr. in GALCOM's history.

Just in case you haven't already read this comunique, I'm going to read it to you:

quote:

Yeah, i've been watching them... its quite interesting.

While we are trying to bring up ideas on fighter tactics, they seem to be thinking on using the old WW2 "bomber formation" to keep the enemy (us) fighters from killing them. Unfortunately, and I hope some some insurgents read this, this time both sides have B-17's and Mustangs..and we got big bad missiles in those Mustangs!.

I have been toying around with TacOps computer lately, using "borrowed" BC's to try to make a formation like the one they describe work... results are not encouraging.. multiple collisions are a norm in such formations when the AI is in charge... and when I think of a human piloting the BC I see that it will be really hard to maintaing a formation under combat... perhaps at low speeds (120 speed) they may be able to maintain formation, but high speed...not likely. If they dont bang on each other they will loose formation really quick.

Anyway, we need to see how the TacOPs and AI will behave in BC:M before we start developing such ideas.

(rp)

This is getting REALLY good! We got them 'surgents ready to hit the panic button mauahahahaha (/rp)

Gentlemen, we are Insurgents. By our nature, we are secretive. In case you forgot what that means: WE DO NOT GIVE our enemies ANYTHING!!!

We don't give them insight to our tactics. We do not give them equipment. We do not give them cargo. We do not give them strategy. WE do not give them targets. WE DO NOT GIVE THEM ONE DROP OF OUR BLOOD because we, SPECTRE, are not alone in this fight.

There are others still behind lines who's very lives depend on our abillity to do our job with surgical precision. All of you have taken steps to undermine those positions and it ends right here and right now!

1. Cmdr. Kristophers, you are hereby ordered to initiate plans for a private (password protected) forum for our Cmdr.'s to discuss tactics and strategy openly.

2. Rampsite, DH, Anitlles, Parias: Report immediately to Cmdr. Chavik. He's got some extravehicular (that means space) work. You are to maintain radio silence for the week it takes you to finish the work. You are each responsible for ensuring the other gets the job done safely and WITHOUT injury. You will learn teamwork and what it means to protect your fellow Insurgent while you keep those loose lips from sinking ships.

Cmdr. Kristophers, you stay. The rest of you have your orders. I don't want to see or hear of your exploits unless they warrant reward.

Cmdr. Kristophers, in addition to the secure chat system, I want a report on the status of Insurgent security on my desk before those boys are back into their command chairs. I expect it to be complete. That means you will include ALL security measures taken by each station planetside and space bourne; a complete list of all Insurgent assets you can discover; and finally a brief on why you were able to discover them and how we can correct your being able to discover the assets.

That is all.

Akira punched a button on his datapad and spoke a memo.

quote:

Chavik, Andergum, LD, things are getting a tad loose. Tighten the screws before the ship falss appart.

Flt. Cmdr. Akira

[/rp]

I'm serious about this stuff too. I expect all these orders to be carried out. Not out of ill will, though. We do need a small spot to discuss things like this far from everyone's eyes.

I expect us to come up with strategy and tactics the other fleets will be scrambling to mimick. And I expect we will come up with the strategy and tactics to beat them when they do smile.gif

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Akira

Spectre

ICV-Nevermore

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Point taken Rattler. Come on guys were insurgents, which makes us like Wraith, a covert type of fleet and should never openly discuss our best and unbeatable tactics that the galcommies and everyone else want to exploit.

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

There is information that will never see the light of day....... All that was given was a nearly unworkable plan that cost them valuable time to test. Have no fear, current tactical data is only relayed via secure channels biggrin.gif

/rp on

Excause me, sir. You're letting Parias out of his straigtjacket for this?

/rp off

no hard feelings Parias, just your nature. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 06-20-2000).]

Actually I was hoping to lead them on into expecting which tactics to use, so that they'd adapt to them, then we could slip under and use something completely unothodox.. like the old "random delivery shipment of Vagrants" routine smile.gif

Aha, now they must be scratching their heads.. "Does he want us to think that he's tricking us, or is he tricking us right now?" they must be asking themselves.. enough to ream their heads into walls and possibly render them unconscious! UWA HAHAHAHAHAHHAH!

*Cough*

Er, where'd I keep my space suit again?

smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Guest aramike01

[RP]

Yessir, compiling report at once and initiating security system!

People, for now on all conversations involving tactics and fleet security go on this board:

http://pub8.ezboard.com/bspectrestarstationcommlink

You'll note that the forum entitled "Secure Transmissions" is password-protected. In about 30 seconds, an email will go out to FC Akira and Insurgent One. Said email will contain the password to this forum. To aquire that password, send an email originating at a registered address to either of those individuals, or myself. For security reasons the password will not be given to any individual requesting it from an address unknown to the Insurgency. I'm sure you all understand the need for this precaution.

Secondly, I hereby request that all Station Commanders register on that board at once. I intend to add those people as administrators to the board.

Fleet Commander Akira: I should have that report prepared within a couple days. It will be in Word format and sent directly to your office, Sir. Is there anyone who I should CC that report to?

[/RP]

Heh, I was going to introduce this forum a few weeks ago...just decided to wait until a certain new web site was completed. Anyway, there she is!

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 06-20-2000).]

If somebody resorts to SFC(starfleet command) tactics, they will die a very horrible death by our hands, hehe.

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

quote:

1. Cmdr. Kristophers, you are hereby ordered to initiate plans for a private (password protected) forum for our Cmdr.'s to discuss tactics and strategy openly.

Now that is a superb idea!

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

And a Fine Job you've done on that site Mike!

Insurgents, Haul your buns over to http://pub8.ezboard.com/bspectrestarstationcommlink and get registered there. Each and every one of you!

That's an Order!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Guest aramike01

Thank you, Rattler.

Everyone, I'm open to suggestions as to what forums or such to have on that board. I was almost thinking that each station could have it's own forum but part of me thinks that, at this current time, would be overkill.

Also, sometime tonight I'm going to give each registered station commander and above admin access to that board. So everyone, please register ASAP.

Thanks.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

quote:

Everyone, I'm open to suggestions as to what forums or such to have on that board. I was almost thinking that each station could have it's own forum but part of me thinks that, at this current time, would be overkill.

I thought of that too, but with most stations and bases only having 3 people assigned to it at the time being (CO, CSO, CEO), it would be overkill. Perhaps later on after BCM has been released when there would possibly be more people assigned to each station or base.

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

My apologies to all regarding my inadvertant revelation "classified" tactical information, I had believed my comments to be very basic reminders to think outside the envelope. frown.gif

no offense was meant. smile.gif

RP

hey, where's my shipment of nails?

smile.gif

/RP

------------------

Cmdr Rampspite

Spectre Fleet

Commander, Sygan Station

ICV Phantom

motto "Isn't that what shields are for?"

Guest aramike01

Sorry, guys. Ran out of nails building my new deck. biggrin.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

Aaye all! wink.gifFirst off I hope my sig. is ok on this first post. Aramike, I'm already there and don't worry too mutch about me. I DO know the first rule witch is "Team work" wink.gif! Rattler, you won't have to worry about me WHAT SO EVER. But I guess I have to prove it and I am very willing. Anyone who has me on there team will consider that a blessing. And if me or any of my team has enemes than what ever enemey is out there they will wish that they WERE NOT MY ENEMEY and on MY team biggrin.gif!

This is an off topic question in a large way but I am wandering if there is any Insurgent that playes Falcon 4.0 online. I want to "HOPEFULLEY" prove myself in that way before BCM comes out.

O and there is just one more thang. I won't let my promotion get to my head wink.gif.

CEO CAB out...

[This message has been edited by Chris Blair (edited 06-25-2000).]