Secret Base

Menchise

Hmmm, they work here. try again, maybe you or aol had a hiccup. Or just catch me on icq and I'll send you a copy.

Yes Shohashi the hippie admiral is gone. Cut my hair, threw away my tie-dye shirts, got rid of my love beads and bandanas, and decided to be an upstanding citizen. Or at least look like one.

I managed to download the Chavik portrait with IE and convert it to JPEG. The pic is up and running.

Unfortunately, the Sygan pics on the Balor Fleet website cannot be used because they're in GIF format (Active Worlds picture frames can only link to JPEGs).

More bad news: The secret base is gone.

Someone has deleted everything that I have built in AW.

I don't know how this person got the coordinates, and I find it very hard to believe that the few people who received the coordinates from me would do this.

In any case, I need some time to consider whether I'm going to rebuild my stuff or not.

quote:

Sorry to hear about your work getting deleted.

I'm also sorry to hear about that, Menchise. You did put a lot of work into it and I certainly hope you don't let these acts of vandalism deter you.

I did some more checking in the rest of the Commanders' Village in response to a post made by Jaguar in the Active Worlds thread. Everything that I have seen indicates that he is correct: The base was not deleted by a vandal, it was deleted by a cleanup of the AW server, which removes all tourist structures.

After considering this among several other factors, I have decided not to rebuild the base.

quote:

After considering this among several other factors, I have decided not to rebuild the base.

That is unfortunate, but I can understand your rationale. If I'd have put as much time into it as you have and having it wiped out in a heartbeat, I probably would have made the same decision. :(

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Heh, I read the first post and replied. THEN read to the bottom and said..

oops

Figured id leave it to see what happened.

• 3 months later...

Request Landing Clearance

I'm sorry, did I miss something, Mrx...

--(Akira does some research)--

Yes, I did. Please add a signature to your profile Phelix Charyb. Your login in the DB does not match your username here. You almost got the boot to the head for not being an Insurgent -- Also, the base no longer exists...

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Akira ]