Which one?

Gallion

OK, call me dunce but I was cruising the websites available at the Fleet Info page and found several dead links; Insurgent One and Spectre web sites.

I can guess why the Insurgent One page is now dead; Rattler is off doing great things

I have no idea why the spectre website is dead.

So where do we send folks that want to research our glorious organization?

Speak up Insurgent Two!

TTFN

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Aramike had Spectre fleet web page. Just for info I went poking around. In Aramike's Fleet DB profile it lists a web page address. Clicking on that you get a page that say page is not viewable until the site is upgraded to "personal" service. Exactly what that means I don't know but I'm assuming they want money.

I absolutely despair that those pages aren't accessible. There were large graphics that summarized the Insurgent fleet hierarchy and I know that there was a lot of work put into them . Not to mentiion the work put into the web sites themselves.

The stuff we take for granted. Sigh.

I was hunting the Insurgent uniform the other day and that is gone as well.

Maybe some kind of archive where we could save each others files and host them if need be?

That Spectre page is down because Homestead started charging for their service. There is no way in hell I'm paying them a dime for the crap they offer.

Going to set up an Insurgency.com site at some point, or something of the sort. When I have time.

Don't blame you on your general feelings Aramike. But good luck on getting insurgency.com It is a motion picture related site.

Way odd thing here. I talked with someone on ICQ who wondered why we didn't have "insurgent.com" reserved. This was very recently. At the time insurgent.com was free. Now it's gone. Some site with no owner (none visible) and just a ton of links popped up.

It is absolutely despicable that people would reserve names they have no interest in just to make a buck.

Semi rant over.

I have two screen names left that I would "donate" to the Insurgents. Each screen name has two megs each for web space.

I know how to publish directly to AOL. I DO NOT go through Hometown AOL.

Yes it IS a weird net address but it may do for now.

Let me know.

Charles

I have made a Spectrefleet screen name. Got another nice surprise while doing it. I have seven screen names in all. I had forgotten that. So I actually have four available to use.

Get with me Eclipse and we'll see about re-creating the Insurgent one site.

Hehe... sorry guys, my real life has been VERY busy for a while. I've actually had a few thoughts about recreating the old insurgency web site, but have had little time to put any action to the plans.

If you have any ideas or want to take over the project, I'm more than open for ideas. Drop me an email or find me on ICQ.

I've got vacation coming in the middle of December, so I'll probably whip something together then... unless you have an idea Gallion?

I'm sorry I'm not around as much as I used to be. Full time job and Full time course load

But, I am lurking like the biggest shadow you've ever seen. So, don't think I'm gone just yet

Yes, I was lucky that I was able to copy the Wraith site (I had done some server-side changes and updates) before Crosswinds deleted ALL their non-paying member websites. Best thing you can do today is get your own server space and pay for it. What has the world come to? sigh.

quote:

. What has the world come to? sigh.

What we deserve. No one is going to host a site for free any longer without some revenue.

Free site you put up with ads.

No ads you have to pay for.

It's a bad analogy but compare free sites with antenna tv and radio. Those are "free" but you have ads. Same with web space.

Cable is relatively ad free. Yeah you get other "free" stations with all their ads but I think the movie channels don't have ads for products. I could be wrong here. Been a long time since I had cable.

Opinion over.

Rattler's old site:

I got to really looking at the files Eclipse sent me. That site is from way back when; when we were a single fleet and had three "divisions". We are now four separate fleets. I don't know if it would be helpful to recreate that site just for nostalgia.

Spectrefleet screen name also infringes on Aramike's command on Spectre Fleet. I will hve to change it to Insurgent or something that would encompass all of us.

Meaning I am still willing to host stuff.

If anyone comes up with anyhting let me know.

Hehe, yeah, Sho, I'm still here. But, hey, who said leadership wasn't here? Hell, Chav's been around as well as Mike! Don't forget, Sho, YOU are a leader as well. You got an entire fleet at your command

All fleet leaders are in control of their fleets and ultimately the direction Insurgent Military forces take. Granted, she's my baby, but she's got to walk on her own some time

I'm just a lowly War Minister. I push small models around on a giant map of the galaxy

Would be nice to sneak around with Bishamon on one or two missions, but that's something for later

quote:

Hehe, yeah, Sho, I'm still here. But, hey, who said leadership wasn't here? Hell, Chav's been around as well as Mike! Don't forget, Sho, YOU are a leader as well. You got an entire fleet at your command

Yeah, I know, Akira...I was just joking around with you!

quote:

Would be nice to sneak around with Bishamon on one or two missions, but that's something for later

Looking forward to that, Akira! You're welcome to join on more than that, if you like!

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

Okay, okay. Things have to bounce around a bit before I figure things out.

I looked at those files again and while the fleet structure (Strike ops etc) is old the ranking system is still valid and approved.

So, what now? Should I make a general Insurgent page and resurrect the old site slightly modified? Or just add the ranking system to the Balor site?

• 2 weeks later...

Gallion, please check your private messages, I tried to email you, but no luck, so I sent you a PM

Check your PM Ben

TTFN

Cheers, Gallion, tell Akira to check his

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]