October Balor Fleet Reactor Core Chat

Charles Lindsey

October is here! The days are getting shorter and cooler and it's time for the ghosts and goblins to come a creeping.

I love Halloween. It's my favorite time. In high school I was in band and we ran a Haunted House for a fundraiser. I wore a cape with a hood and put glow makeup around my eyes. I called myself Fantasia. I scared the stew out of a ton of people.

Hope everyone's school and/or work is going well. I did month end reports yesterday. Uggh on building them but the numbers look pretty good.

I have a vocab test in German I am just now beginning to study for... and german is at 9 am.........

Other than that I'm great, we're putting on the show this week and its going great.

Hope ya'll are doing good, if anyone wants to meet me on steam sometime for some DoD pm me.

Today I went to the mall. They were having an open casting call for an audition to The Amazing Race. My mother and I signed up as a team. After filling out this horrendously long questionarre we did the video taped interview.

Here's hoping!!

No WeeGee. The Amazing Race is a reality show. Go find that old thread "What I'm watching/Taping" (something like that).

It's a race around the world where you travel to different locations and find clue for your next destination. You have to perform stunts along the way to get your next clue. They almost always have a bungee jump (My biggest fear) but last year they also had it where you raced a formula one race car, dune buggys, swap eels to a different tank, and scuba dive with sharks in a municipal aquarium.

It's my favorite show because unlike other shows you don't have to be tall, strong, or pretty to compete.

I've gone through hope, excitement, dissapointment, and despair in just two days. While we were there reading the rules one couple was doing the on camera interview and they had backpacks full of tissue, flashlights, and almost any other travel thing you could think of. They had to have been a hit with whomever decides these things. Meanwhile I realized I dominated our interview. My poor old mother barely said a word. And I probably said all the wrong things.

But to make a long story short (too late) I would be a contestant on a reality show and wouldn't be doing actual acting.

Nifty. I'm not really much of a fan of reality shows but good luck anyways. If you get on it I'll video tape all the episodes your in .

Jesus, its 1 am, and I'm just finishing my German homework (I've been workign on it since 9:30....) I've got to go to bed.

I'm freezing too; its my roommates night to control the thermostat. I need a fricking parka right now or something.

Do any of ya'll have things that bother you about your roommate/person you live with?

Nothing yet. Sigh. Not even a rejection letter. Urgghhh.

I hate roommates that don't clean. Then you don't clean to show how sloppy they are. Then they get mad and clean the place spotless and say they'll never do it again. Then you keep it clean for a couple days and they start messing it up again.

and I hate people with no sense of time. "A little bit" means two hours at least. "After a while" usually means all day. Heaven forbid they say see ya later. hehe

• 3 weeks later...

Oh be nice Cruis.in . Least we know he's breathing. Good to see you dreadx!

Lessee, we got our own dreadx. Then prime (I think) has Dreada. I think there is a plain old dredd running around and I seem to remember a judgedredd.

We are just simply going to have to have a moratorium on dredd names.

Ya'll ain't gonna beleive this. I was talking to my friend Charles (yes, there are six of us) at work and told him about my application to The Amazing Race. He talked to one of the women at work and suddenly she comes storming into my office blessing me out. She had also applied. Small world ain't it? We had a grand time talking about if we had applied together. They have never had a black/white team before. But she had made her own tape with her daughter whilst I went to a public audition. Of course they are going to pay attention to a homemade tape more because it shows more interest. They (the show) are supposed to contact us late October (ummm ) or early November for the second try outs. I figure seven more days maybe and if I don't hear anything I busted.

Other news? Yard work. Waitng on a home center sale so I can plant some winter pansies.

ok nice.

its november time for a new chat

and what are you talking about with the video thing? applying to do what race?

I get the feeling black and white people don't mix much where you are from. here it is natural.

i should become cruis.dread

Will make new chat after this one.

The Amazing Race. Re-read the whole thread. As with Funniest home Videos or Survivor, and other shows I guess, you make an audition tape and send it in. You could also do this for The Race. That's what my friend Joyce did. I however went to an open audition and the local TV affiliate recorded all the auditions on a single tape in a row. So I am worried they would pay more attention to her single audition tape and I would be lost in the crowd.

quote:

I get the feeling black and white people don't mix much where you are from. here it is natural.

Yes it's embarrasssing. There are still a lot of prejudices hanging around. Things are better though. Hopefully in a generation or four most of the prejudice will disappear.

Hopefully I haven't stuck my foot in my mouth.

But as we were talking I was explaining that I had tried everyone. Charles didn't think his wife would let him go. I couldn't find the other guy I was thinking of. I didn't even know she liked the show and we both thought that having a black white couple would have been an extra hook to get us attention. As I said earlier we both had a grand time talking about teaming up. Maybe both us us make it and we form an alliance. We talked about the stunts we would and would not do.

Cruis.dread?????

• 8 months later...

The new rules for The Amazing Race 7 are out. I cannot re-apply unless I choose a new team member.

I applied for 6 which is currently airing.

They "may" review your previous application.

I could have been put in the crud pile the first time though.

Let's hope you make it.

Couple of years back some colleagues and I aplied for a place in the first Big Brother. We got a "thank you"-note stating that we (Navy ppl) were already used to living in a cramped space with a lot of ppl for a long period of time and therefore wouldn't be good entertainement value (we were not likely to freak out). They did send us a video with what the show was all about though.

quote:

Originally posted by Chavik:

Lessee, we got our own dreadx.

Well, actually it's "Dread_mkii_mod_a" but I'm getting older and the typing tires me so I shortened it to "DreadX"

LOL, still alive here on the other side of the 'big-men bath'. :-)

Working my ass off to get my Commercial Pilot's License along with my Twin Rating and Instrument rating. Exam will probably be next tuesday!

Flew like a stork with cutoff wings today... man oh man, but everyone has those days now and then, lol!

My cockpitbuddy would make it even more fantastic; he tried to takeoff from the runway again (simulated engine failure in the approach before landing the aircraft) with only enough power on one of the two! LMAO! (He forgot his final checks). All went well, instructors are there for when you have a 'student failure', lol!

Anyway, back to me, at Rotterdam Airport I could get a 5 mile lineup instead of a normal 10 mile one. And a Piper Seneca flies quite fast so you need to setup your avionics in time and with a 5 mile lineup even moreso...

Approach altitude of 1500ft was ok... but due to 'student failure' (I lost the picture for a second) we came out too high 0,3 mile before treshold still at 1300ft! LOL, where we should have been at 300 or so.

Yeah, it was definately one of those off-days...

But tomorrow new chances, new winnings!

BTW sorry for breaking into your thread Balor!

That's ok. I only revived it because of The Amazing Race discussion. We all family here. Perhaps later when we get more members I may become picky.

Good luck on the Pilot's license. I can drive a stickshift. It's all I'll buy. For now. And I can drive a forklift. With or without side shift. Without side shift is a little harder but not much. You just have to aim better on the way in.

Now to get you back.

quote:

My cockpitbuddy

Somehow that just don't sound right.

Oh, and dreadx? Older? Bah! But ya only got about ten great years left. Get all ya can while ya can. Some things don't work so well after 35.

I didn't say it you did. But I am catching up to you real quick like. Not that it was ever great but my ability to do math in my head went down the tubes. I went to dreadx profile and saw his birth year listed and then went and completely mangled it.