Balor-Bishamon Fleets Combined February Recall

ShoHashi

well, ive been really sick for two weeks. now finally better...really I am not sure.

id like to say im just bored, i really want to get back out to work... im in the kind of job i want to be at every day

but i dont know...this computer is all ive had for two weeks heh, ive havent even gone beyond my front gate after how sick i was. its frustrating, gone from someone whos in the thick of things to a retreated mouse.

anxiety must be building. and this place is frustrating it.

anyway I plan to be in Battlecruise IRC Channel tomorrow... on gamesnet....I was gonna say what time here so everyone can join in, who wants to or who can.

more about time later, but i guess ill post it in the community discussions.

hope you get your computer trouble fixed, on a side note i formatted mine and it runs pretty fast, since being sick ive become such a file organising freak. everything is in perfect order.

oh my god....im a freak!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

35M in recovered files, and a couple of corrupted directory names.

Hmmm, is that 35 megs? You should have been able to retrieve more than that.

If you know anything about Linux, I'd suggest seeing how many more files you can recover using PHLAK. http://www.phlak.org

Its a live linux CD meant for the security professional. I use it on Windows machines all the time to fix issues such as viri, reg problems, and the like. You have to recompile it yourself to be able to access NTFS, but it doesn't look like that is necessary on your nieces computer.

If you're linux savy at all I'd suggest trying it.

P.S. Phalk is actually a Live CD Version of linux with apps to recover lost files and the like. It writes nothing to your computer. If you are Linux Savy you'll understand what I mean by this; No, it doesn't contain Overlay Filesystem, so you need a zip drive to save files.

I wasn't being explicit enough there

The 35M was scandisk recovered files (chkfile001 etc)

The HD was a Segate 850MB with 100M free.

Getting windows up and running didn't take that long,

May have been better to "Repair" the windows from the install menu or even upgrade it to 98

I got 2 used copies of 98 that are no longer installed on any PC.

Thanks for the link DLed a copy 471MB will have a play with it later

if I find I'm going to add it to my tool kit will make a donation.

Cool, on the note of the Ovlfs, there's a version of slackware out now using it. Its called SLAX.

I'm thinking of making my next project getting PHLAK running with the Overlay Filesystem. Shouldn't be too hard, but I forget what version of the Kernel PHLAK runs.

You can get SLAX at http://www.slackware-live.org/.. Its well worth the download.

It also has instructions on how to make your own live CD of your favorite distro.

On another, more BC related note; wtf is up with these n00bs. I take back anything nice I said about them. Some of these guys are total idjits; I make a motion to vote to have a moderator suggest that all the vets do what was done when BCM and BCMG were released.

(Pulls action back on .45)

BRING IT ON!!!

Oh, and Cruis.In, if price goes up or DC unfortunately wins, are you gonna get the game at all? I dunno, it just seems a little unpractical to wait so long for a game that you enjoy, then just not buy it at all. Honestly, even if DC did win this whole thing I was still gonna buy it after the fact. Its better to support SC a little rather than not at all.

Oh well, stupid father didn't realize what he was doing. I guess I'll enjoy it since I'm getting it.

One last thing. When UC comes in the mail, I'm planning on writing a n00b guide if anyone wants to help me. Although is anyone else here getting the game?

I'm insanely jealous of them. I don't know what to do either. It's not right that the noobs know more about this game than I do. Bless their little idjit hearts.

WeeGee I haven't heard idjit since Warner Brothers cartoons. You don't do a Yosemite Sam inpression do you?

Last time I bought direct from Dreamcatcher. Even though Gamestop had that special additional campaign I went to Dreamcatcher because they were "helping" Derek.

Sigh

I'm a cartoon geek, something I try to hide in the shadows.

I have every Daffy Duck cartoon I know exhists on tape.

I'm gonna put my two cents into ya'lls thought process; If DC reaches their goal, then I'd go ahead and buy it, thats what I was gonna do. Otherwise, if by the end of the month DC hasn't reached their goal, buy it if you can't wait any longer and donate 20 bucks to SC, like I'm gonna do.

Hell, he's probably making more money if we all donate anyhow.

quote:

I'm insanely jealous of them. I don't know what to do either. It's not right that the noobs know more about this game than I do. Bless their little idjit hearts.

Well..I couldn't take it no more, so I broke down and picked a copy up. I, too, will be donating to Derek to make up the difference.

You know what? Since I first booted it up tonight, it's awesome! Like night and day...no kidding.

On page two of the "First Impressions" thread

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Actually I released the patch to the 3000AD testers several hours ago, with a view to releasing it on Monday. I am trying to reproduce a problem with upgradeds and saved games. If I can reproduce and fix that one, it should be good to go on Monday night.

Tutorials should be finished by tomorrow afternoon I think.

Tacit Approval? I think so. Our numbers were core fan base anyway so ... Ehhhh.

Time to finish the new Beastie (so named because they are beastly to assemble) and get the game. Now Derek needs the testers.

WeeGee where did you find a 9600 Pro for $67 ? I'm gonna spend less than $100 anyway. With both credit cards pushing $1000 it's getting kinda tight. What with auto insurance, dental work, and a trip to New Orleans and all.

Waiting to buy UC is a lot harder than I imagined it would be. Ppl posting their first impressions and problems...and you're not part of it.

Now they are looking for UC mp servers. Oh, the tention, the stress

Buried my creditcard and I won't go near a games-selling shop.

On hope of salvation and rebirth, I will resist temptation.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

WeeGee where did you find a 9600 Pro for $67 ? I'm gonna spend less than $100 anyway. With both credit cards pushing $1000 it's getting kinda tight. What with auto insurance, dental work, and a trip to New Orleans and all.

Did I say I found a 9600 Pro for $67? Sorry if I did. I found a Radeon 9000 Pro for $67 on http://www.pricewatch.com>pricewatch. The Radeon 9000s aren't the best of cards, but they get the job done right with Vertex Shaders and the like. I almost bought a Radeon 9200, until I learned that its actually slower than the 9000.

Heh, I did see a Radeon 9700 Pro for $25 bucks though; When I called the company they said it was a mistake. Oh well.

The Radeon 9000 is just sort of a temporary upgrade until I get a bigger lump of cash, probably this summer.(Funny that I refer to a Radeon 9000 as an upgrade and its older than my Geforce 4, Screw you Nvidia.) I never really can have enough video cards anyhow; I think I've got about 6 or 7 mobos lying around here with 2 or 3 cases. Hmmm, I could open a computer cafe...

quote:

I know that WeeGee said about using Pricewatch...that's cool. I also found another good site for looking for computer parts on TechTv last night. You may want to give that a try too, Charles.

Cartoons I Like:

Warner Brothers: All Bugs, All Roadrunner, Foghorn Leghorn usually Good, I like the egghead tweety and the chicken hawk. I live the Industrial music with the gophers/chipmunks.

Xmen

The new batman where Bruce Wayne is old and the kid has that black suit. Don't see that one anymore.

Spiderman that was on Sat morning a couple years ago.

Ok I misread the model # on your post. The 9600 I see start at $84. Will look at str8buy.com have got a couple things from them lately and they pretty good. Will go ahead and do that because the vid card is the last thing I need. Then I can buckle down and start paying them off.

Thanks all.

quote:

The Radeon 9000s aren't the best of cards, but they get the job done right with Vertex Shaders and the like. I almost bought a Radeon 9200, until I learned that its actually slower than the 9000.

thanks for the info. i have a radeon9000 in my laptop. havent found a need to replace it yet. its a directx 8 compliant card so i know it supports the shaders and vertex programmable pixels.

i have a good bit of money saved, but i intend on buying a computer at the end of this year or early next year...or if maybe when i buy UC and it cant run it satisfactorily.

ive been thinking about buying the killer desktop...but i think ill go with the killer laptop again....cant lug the desktop around and i hate to be in one room always sitting still.

quote:

Originally posted by Chavik:

How come all my guys live on islands?

Island-dwellers -> independent spirits -> insurgents.

Island-dwellers -> dependent stomachs -> appreciate the value of regular supplies -> Balor Fleet.

BTW. I live on main land with Europe and Asia behind my back-yard. But I do live 6 feet below sea level (and half a mile in horizontal distance from it).

This is going to be fun. The new machine is together. Windows XP is in the process of installing. It's hung at the product code number. When I bought XP the Product code was on a sticker attached to the shrink wrap the manual came in. Where that went I have no idea. I may have thrown it away in a cleaning fit.

So I had to wait to get to work to use my computer here to get Microsoft support number. I'm already registered so hopefully they can dig out a number for me.