ShoHashi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Pugwash

if its the official mercenary motto then it ok

My motto "Judge a Commander by the quality of his posts not the quantity" has gone as it was unofficial and has been replaced by the official Insurgent motto.

Do Balor Fleet have an official motto if not maybe I could get my CO to adopt it then I could use it again.

Missed this the first time around. Sorry.

Anyway, go to the first page of this thread where I linked to Derek's original sig format post from like 09/00. The way I understood it was that independents could have their own unique sig since they werent' affiliated with anyone. Unless they WERE affiliated with someone like Intercorp then they all had to have the same one. I think. My head hurts from thinking about it.

Rattler picked our sig when the Insurgent Fleet was small. Much like the Gammulans fleet is now. At the time it was either use the sig or don't. But if you use one it must be the official one. I hadn't even thought about an official Balor quote. Hmmmmmmm I like Heart's blood of the Insurgency.

Ever wonder how much we been researched since they are now calling the bad guys in Iraq insurgents?

I liked your original quote too but since I'm a bit of a post whore I have to stay quiet on that one.

I don't imbed the official logos either. Shame on me but they too big and I feel I'm being obnoxious or something by displaying them what with being fleet leader as well. Makes for a huge sig which I think guys have huge sigs for the same reason they have huge cars. Trying to compensate for something else that ain't quite so huge. So I don't use the logos.

quote:

Makes for a huge sig which I think guys have huge sigs for the same reason they have huge cars. Trying to compensate for something else that ain't quite so huge.

Hey, hey, hey there...Charles??!! What are you trying to say??!!

Ummm yeah the brain.

Update after update after update. Ughhh. The modem and VIA update WILL NOT download from windows update. That's ok, the modem works and I"m getting the official catalyst 4.1(7.97) [why do they do that?] drivers from Sapphire (ATI Radeon 9600 SE).

Here is the complete specs for those who pretend to care.

400 watt power supply

PC Chips M811LU Motherboard

AMD 2200 (1.8 ghz)

512M DDR Ram PC 2100

60 gig Samsung hard drive

Pioneer A06U DVD reader writer

LG electronics 52x cd rom reader

Same Turtle Beach Santa cruz sound card (at least it didn't get fried)

Aceex V.92/V.44 modem (It survived too)

The 3.5 floppy which appeared to work when the puter was half fried now does not work. One of them electornic thing sI guess. Both were half fried and could talk to each other. The brand new parts can't talk to the half fried floppy.

The Inno 3D Tornado GEForce2 MX 400 survived as well but I had to update to the radeon for UC. Which I am working towards getting.

Unlike the one that got fried this one seems rock solid. Last time it was twitchy.

Now to get a UPS to prevent sudden power outages.

That's about all the news I have for now.

So we gonna keep the Insurgent sig or break to Fleet sigs since we big enough now?

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...0223;p=1#000036

Check out your sig when you got accepted to the Beta program.

quote:

Captain Cruis In

ICV Defiance, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

CEO, Sygan Starstation

Balor Fleet

Look at your sig now.

quote:

Cmdr. Cruis

ICV Valiant

CEO, Sygan Startation

Balor Fleet

Official Tester. The Battlecruiser Series

Something is missing.

Comparing the two I find that the only thing missing is your launch base after your asset name. So your sig should really be

quote:

Cmdr. Cruis

ICV Valiant, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

CEO, Sygan Startation

Balor Fleet

Official Tester. The Battlecruiser Series

Your OLD sig rank Captain was an official Insurgent Rank. That was part of something Rattler concocted and it was cool. Special ranks differentiate "us" from Galcom. However Commander is an official rank in the game and is acceptable.

I don't CARE you abandoned your Insurgent rank of Captain for the official game rank of commander. I don't CARE that you abbreviated commander to cmdr. I don't CARE you changed your asset name.

I DO care that you don't have your launch base after your asset name.

Perhaps that is the thing that has been bothering me this whole time and I just couldn't put a finger on it.

Forget what I did to your sig before; simply add your launch base after your asset name. Use the sig test thread and let's see how it looks.

I found your sig by searching for the beta tester guidline I'm almost sure Gallion posted. Couldn't find the guideline. Ugh.

I LOVE Heart's Blood of the Insurgency. It's why I used the blood red part of the crab nebulae for the Insurgent website.

Feel free to join and we will try and get some discussions going in regards to organizing Fleet MP or something... That's the intention of the forum - hopefully I will be able to set up a dedicated server for fleet MP soon enough. Am a little short on moneys and Ma Bell (Bellsouth) here in Birmingham doesn't make it cheap to connect to the internet.