Balor-Bishamon Fleets March Combined Roll Call

ShoHashi

quote:

Doh! This thread was rocking along so well I completely forgot. It's my turn anyway.

Haha, Charles..I still beat you to it!

Anyways, here goes....

Who, from Balor and Bishamon Fleets, do we have?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drats! Foiled again!

If I had done it this morning when I replied to the other thread I would have won. But didn't want to call IT's attention.

Then again I am in pretty good with the network guy that comes over. Took me forever and a day to explain why we needed four puters with only two (we used to have three) people and why we should be able to log onto any puter in the room. But he likes me cause I take such good care of the things like keeping them updated and not calling for every silly little problem. I got a brand new optical mouse out of the deal. Pretty spiffy. The original mouse which was at least six years old started clicking three times to my one physical push of the mouse button. Dangerous when you are inputting data.

I'm due for new ones and he's trying as much as he can to help but his department head refuses to switch us out because he doesn't want to do the work twice. It makes no sense to me why anyone would take a P550 (somehting like that) out of service and bid it off when I am struggling with a P75. I can sorta see the point about not doing the work twice (reloading everything but still I'm dyin' ovuh heah. (terrible phoenetic Boston accent)

Get this. He brought a floppy over with a program called Track-it on it. The purpose of Track-it was to run an audit on the machine and see if it could handle the new software they wanted to run. He put the floppy on my guy's machine and tried to run it off the floppy. Hehe big mistake. He killed it after an hour and saved it up to the server. The next day he comes back and tries to run it again. The P60 running Win95 was done in about five minutes. The other machine hasn't connected to the network in months. It's basically a Solitaire machine for guests. But he figured out it was simply the cable and after twisting the cable and wrapping it around the desk leg a certain way he got it to stay connected. That machine was done in about five minutes as well.

Our two machines were a different story however. Both of them locked up. Think about it a minute. The machines that are supposed to run Track-it that decides if the machines can handle future programs can't even run Track-it. Pretty bad huh? Actually pretty good for me I hope. If the machine can't even handle the audit program then by default it can't handle new programs. But he made us re-start and kill most of the stuff in the sys tray and it finally did do it. After waiting about 2.5 hours. Hehe.

So hopefully I'm at the top of the list for a new machine. I'd be happy with anything over 300 mhz but hey brand new is good too.

Vice Admiral Chavik, commander of Balor Fleet, checking in.

How's this for a new one? How about some promotions?

I don't think Parias will be back. Even if he does he's still not in the fleet database. Hmmm gotta make sure on that but don't think he is. Finder1 has been with me forever and a day so I can't demote him but Pugwash and Cruis.in have been very active lately.

/rp

active? Im not active...I'm just trying to get as much exercise as I can on board a warship, everywhere I turn there are bulk heads.

/rp

please please shohashi, I beat you all to it...I was here when the clock turned over to march...the digital clock (date is displayed)

cmdr. cruis out.

Still around and sitting on my hands to stop me deleting those n00b posts

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

We need fleet servers...

I'm sure Dreadx will upgrade from BCMG to UC on his server at some point.

I will in another 2 months buy UC and run a sever from time to time.

By then I will have kicked Cruis.In and Subspace off my low spec Webserver

kind of have..subspace is low spec anyhow, he knows it uses less cpu than notepad.exe

Besides I've switched to a subspace host, but Id like to keep my little spot on his to use it for testing. so what i test and change there, i can upload proven to the real thing, plus he has a big thank you in the bottom of the news file and the manual, what more could a guy want?

Chavik said:

quote:

If I had done it this morning when I replied to the other thread I would have won

LOL...I looked at the time when you posted about it in the other thread and wondered why the heck you didn't start the Roll Call! I guess I just figured you got sidetracked!

Cruis.In said:

quote:

please please shohashi, I beat you all to it...I was here when the clock turned over to march...the digital clock

Yes..you did beat all of us, Cruis.In!

Cool page Stickman. Over 21,000 hits? Wow.

My dad has, as my mother says, "more tools than the law allows and than some", but he doesn't have a lathe. I'm guessing that's a metal lathe since you talk about making threads from brass stock?

yeah I just noticed it was city wide spam...I hadn't realised when I first logged in to check the forums it was only in one thread, so I thought hey...little ban sign would be nice, when I refreshed it was everywhere.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

yeah I just noticed it was city wide spam...I hadn't realized when I first logged in to check the forums it was only in one thread, so I thought hey...little ban sign would be nice, when I refreshed it was everywhere.

I got up this morning and read the mIRC log and the PM's then came to the forum,

I failed to do my homework and read all the active topic especially the one in Area 51 and fired off a PM to Jag to clarify what had gone on if read first I'd of known

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

I am lambasting Pugwash but he is sleeping...its 6 a.m. for him.

You git who's got the boom stick.

And congrats to Jaguar and Chavik

quote:

when I refreshed it was everywhere.

That was fun. NOT!!! Yeah when I saw it there were two, then three ad nauseum. Knee jerk reaction on my part. I bumped this thread to get it on top and didn't want anyone posting that would refresh it. But he's taken care of.

Back again.

Oh, so much to do. Reading the forum, installing a patch (but first cleaning my PC) and re-thinking my opinion about buying UC.

But first of all:

Drop a line in this threat.

Done.

(one down, three to go).