How can we improve the Insurgent Fleets?

Charles Lindsey

Do we need a little private forum? Free (probably) or not.

Our own domain?

Active members? That actually play UC? (DIG DIG)

I can't prove it but everything Prime has done we Insurgents have thought of just not impemented. But they got there first.

I am open to sugestions. To be discussed with everyone of course.

quote:

Active members? That actually play UC? (DIG DIG)

Hey! I play UC, I just don't have the time to play it in multiplayer right now! Being unemployed sucks right now as there are no jobs out there, and what I have done for a little extra money is leaving me at the end of the day not wanting to look at a computer screen right now (web design).

Personally, I think we should start training and practicing for an eventual fleet battle. Perhaps a private forum would be good to discuss battle-tactics.

As for our own domain, thats possible as well. I'm still working on getting that UC Fan Site up and running, the website is almost complete, but the server is becoming more difficult than I expected. If you guys want space I can spare some, but I dunno how long it'll be until I can get this thing running.

We also need to be actively recruiting people. Galcom has numbers on us. We've got a lot of new people coming in here, we should be really getting our name out, and we have to some extent we just need more.

There's my 2 cents.

P.S. And Chavik, I'll try to get a little MP in tomorrow night if I can, but I won't guarantee anything.

quote:

Personally, I think we should start training and practicing for an eventual fleet battle.

I agree whole heartedly, WeeGee. In fact...I got something cooking in relation to this. Just be patient.

quote:

And Chavik, I'll try to get a little MP in tomorrow night if I can, but I won't guarantee anything.

And tomorrow's Thursday..end of the work week for me. I'll be on in the evening.

Echo; you are the best improvement the Insurgents ever had.

Do you need a copy of UC?

Echo; got one better for ya. A friend of mine has snakes. He says they are like knick knacks that eat.

[ 07-01-2004, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Cmdr Chavik ]

You're soo sweet!...and right

Knick knacks that eat...hahahaha that almost had me crying. Too funny.

I was thinking of getting a copy of UC the other day. I didn't want to look dumb asking how I get it.

How can we improve?

Training, Practice and a secure line of communication.

BTW. If this ball needs to get rolling, I'm more than willing to help with some of the pulling it takes.

quote:

Originally posted by dreadx:

BTW. If this ball needs to get rolling, I'm more than willing to help with some of the pulling it takes.

You usually push a ball to get it rolling. Unless it has handles, of course.

Training: my DreadX server is still available. Just say when you want it up for private training.

Communication: I think we need a chat session for this. Using this board is too slow and not secure. Although I'm 6 hours ahead of you, if you name a time, place and date, I'll be there.

Practice: you can find plenty of this in mp.

[ 07-08-2004, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: dreadx ]

Um, can we make the chat session in a week or so... I'm currently on vacation at my father's sooooo, it wouldn't be a good thing for me to blow him off for battlecruiser. Somehow I don't think he'd like that.

quote:

Originally posted by SC (in After Action Reports (MP) ):

It was quite fun and it looks like the MP servers have become a glorified chatroom.

Call it the most elaborate chatroom one can imagine.

In mp there is a chat session every day.

I'd say we should setup a private forum to get the 'secure communications like'-part done, however based on the current fleet activity I think we might have a problem anyway.

What I mean is that some people are in Europe, some are in US or Asia bringing huge time differences. This is not beneficial for multiplayer battles.

Almost every time I login on the MP serves there is not a single soul on any of the servers...

I guess a good way to start is make a roster in which every member lists the evenings that he is available. We could then form some sort of mini-ladder with 1 vs 1 or even 'more vs more' battles to get the actual combat training under way.

This will also result in people being forced to be more active in the fleet.

There are ideas to expand the whole case, but they will be revealed in time when I have clearance, besides I think its important to get the actual in-game practise rolling now that the Expansion Pack has been announced!

quote:

I'd say we should setup a private forum to get the 'secure communications like'-part done,

Very good thinking, Mordax! However, we already tried to establish this kind of Forum. It wasn't exactly the kind of success we expected, as people apparently had a hard time being aware of the forum whatsoever...

quote:

however based on the current fleet activity I think we might have a problem anyway.

Good point, that was the problem last time as well.

quote:

What I mean is that some people are in Europe, some are in US or Asia bringing huge time differences. This is not beneficial for multiplayer battles.

Again, you are 100 per cent right. Myself, I am in Europe, having a *very* inaccurate schedule each week and quite frankly not always the time (family and all hehe) to go and play MP (being aware that due to mentioned time differences very few players will be available, this being a a gmae mostly played in the US )

quote:

Almost every time I login on the MP serves there is not a single soul on any of the servers...

Hoah!

quote:

I guess a good way to start is make a roster in which every member lists the evenings that he is available. We could then form some sort of mini-ladder with 1 vs 1 or even 'more vs more' battles to get the actual combat training under way.

Mordax, on this I can only agree 50-75 %. The roster itself is a good idea, but then again: You pointed out yourself that we have European and Asian players that simply cant muster the time for MP right now

quote:

Setting up a roster and perhaps making rank decisions upon it might be considered unfair by some Netherland, Swedish, Finnish, German, Russian or even Chinses Players. However the idea is good. How about making up a roster for Euro/Asian Players as well ? Let's face it: Since '98 I learned one thing: only dedication and interest makes people become active and stay in the communitly...

quote:

There are ideas to expand the whole case, but they will be revealed in time when I have clearance, besides I think its important to get the actual in-game practise rolling now that the Expansion Pack has been announced!

Well, Captain... My salutations. You did excellent thinking and have very good ideas that you share with us! I wish we had more officers like you!

Salutations,

quote:

Originally posted by Hasenau:

quote:

I'd say we should setup a private forum to get the 'secure communications like'-part done,

Very good thinking, Mordax! However, we already tried to establish this kind of Forum. It wasn't exactly the kind of success we expected, as people apparently had a hard time being aware of the forum whatsoever...

Howcome people had a hard time finding the forum? I assume all fleet members frequent these forums and I assume a notification was present on these forums?

Maybe its a good idea to setup a fleet mailing list, so that every member gets important info in his email box?

quote:

quote:

however based on the current fleet activity I think we might have a problem anyway.

Good point, that was the problem last time as well.

Like I messaged Sho, every fleet stands or falls with its participating members.

If people don't participate there's nothing you can do to become an active fleet...

quote:

quote:

Again, you are 100 per cent right. Myself, I am in Europe, having a *very* inaccurate schedule each week and quite frankly not always the time (family and all hehe) to go and play MP (being aware that due to mentioned time differences very few players will be available, this being a a gmae mostly played in the US )

I already suggested to create a European Wing in Bishamon, or even the Insurgents as a whole.

However, there was chosen not to do this at this time.

I know what it is to be subject to inaccurate schedules each week, but it helps if UC events are announced enough time in advance.

quote:

quote:

Mordax, on this I can only agree 50-75 %. The roster itself is a good idea, but then again: You pointed out yourself that we have European and Asian players that simply cant muster the time for MP right now

If not having time for multiplayer is the main issue we will have to use the single player roam feature of UC to give orders to our men. They can then, in turn, when they want and have the time for it, execute these orders at will.

Roam is perfect for these kind of situations.

quote:

quote:

Setting up a roster and perhaps making rank decisions upon it might be considered unfair by some Netherland, Swedish, Finnish, German, Russian or even Chinses Players. However the idea is good. How about making up a roster for Euro/Asian Players as well ? Let's face it: Since '98 I learned one thing: only dedication and interest makes people become active and stay in the communitly...

Indeed and with all respect, if players will not participate in events setup by the fleet I certainly do not believe they belong in a fleet at all.

A Euro/Asian roster brings the same issues as one whole ladder, so if we want to use ladder, taking the time zone's into account we will end up with a seperate ladder for each continent, this is not something that sounds realistic and thus a ladder system seems out of the question at this time.

The idea of ranks bound to ladder results is probably not a good idea. This will immediately mean that active or, addicted if you will, players will have the edge (rankwise) over players with the same morale, but less time. This, as you said, is indeed unfair.

quote:

quote:

Well, Captain... My salutations. You did excellent thinking and have very good ideas that you share with us! I wish we had more officers like you!

Discussion is always a good thing. It helps forming new ideas .

Thanks for your support and I hope I can continue to serve the Insurgents in a decent manner.