September 2004 All Insurgent Roll Call

ShoHashi

Sounds like you didn't fair to bad with Ivan, Chavik! Right now as I write this, we're getting heavy rain from it. There is a flood watch on until at least noon tomorrow.

Was just outside a few minutes ago and the neighbor's lawn next door (whom I mow) has a huge lake in it that wasn't there yesterday!

I checked my basement and at the moment the sump pump is keeping up, I just hope it continues to do so.

No I did ok. I think the only thing that happened was my garbage can tipped over. If you remember my "I been busy" link from last months roll call you will recall that the picture of the gate showed a blue house uphilll from me. It's like that behind me as well. I'm in a hole on a hill. Or in a holler between two ridges, whichever you prefer.

I went to watch The Bourne Supremacy tonight. When I got home my power was back on. Yay. Three dollars wasted on a bag of ice. Boo.

Hard to mow a lake. I'd say it would be unmowable till a week after it dries up if not longer. Sounds like a swamp in the making. Don't get stuck in it. Hope the remnants of Ivan treat you kindly.

Ok..I survived it. Minimal water in basement...nothing the sump pump couldn't keep up with. I did not lose power although a lot of other people nearby did. There is a lot of flooding around from the torrential rain.

36 +/- hours without power. Minimal compared to some others. No lines actually down that I saw but I did see two rather large pine trees uprooted and laying on the lines. Alabama Power is pretty good. Total outages in the state topped 900,000 and had fallen by almost half the next two days.

It was tropical storm strength by the time it got here though we did get a few hurricane strength gusts.