AWA

Cruis.In

OK I plan to get this. I will pass on UC GOLD, as I don't think it has near AWA in features. UC Gold is for the folks who didn't buy UC. Since UC is no long er supported.

Ok so my question, are we playing this or what multiplayer? I read in product info it has in 2 multiplayer COOP scenarios. I love COOP. Since we can't save game data until UC:O I can't think of anything better than COOP. Us trying to out wit 15 battlecruisers or something.

So uh when is the game, out? I know of the crap with DC. But who knows what's going on with it? I thought it was gold... there is no news on the main page anymore.

quote:

Ok so my question, are we playing this or what multiplayer? I read in product info it has in 2 multiplayer COOP scenarios. I love COOP. Since we can't save game data until UC:O I can't think of anything better than COOP. Us trying to out wit 15 battlecruisers or something.

We'll be discussing this at the next Fleet Commander meeting. I'll keep you posted.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

OK I plan to get this. I will pass on UC GOLD, as I don't think it has near AWA in features. UC Gold is for the folks who didn't buy UC. Since UC is no long er supported.

Unless you plan on upgrading your system, you might want to stick with UC Gold Edition, When SC says the MINIMUM required is 2Ghz, I tend to think what he REALLY means is 3Ghz. I remember when I first bought BCM and had a machine back then that met the "Minimum" but as soon as I wasn more than an hour into the game, it would slow down to a CRAWL from all the AI processing.

no I don't think so, I think my pentium 4. 3.0 HT will be enough to handle the game.

Since I thought it strange you said I'd have to update my system, I clicked my profile and saw my laptops specs still in. bless her soul while she still works, she's the internet baby now. Ive got almost all the latest gagdets on my new PC!

And sadly enough no games, to play. Since total war and HL2 have expired for me... I have bought no games in about 7 months... Now I have a spanking video card (first time I ever bought a top of the line) and nothing to play on it. and everything I want is coming out in 2007. I swear the wait between jan- dec in 2007 will feel really long.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

When SC says the MINIMUM required is 2Ghz, I tend to think what he REALLY means is 3Ghz.

Rubbish. I'm not a publisher who goes about doing dishonest nonsense like advertising ludicrous system requirements for games. If I say the minimum is a 2Ghz, then thats what it is. Period.

That has nothing to do with the fact that if you go around pissing all over the universe (as large as it is) and activating AI units willy nilly, that its going to hold up. It will, but at the sacrifice of gameplay. Which means you have to go back to Config and tweak your settings.

The minimum requirements for my games are as they appear on the product page and I stress test them on those configs before I decide on final specs.

quote:

no I don't think so, I think my pentium 4. 3.0 HT will be enough to handle the game.

You'll be in heaven. Literally. Then again, you've probably played the demo (which is in fact based on an older code base).

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

When SC says the MINIMUM required is 2Ghz, I tend to think what he REALLY means is 3Ghz.

Rubbish. I'm not a publisher who goes about doing dishonest nonsense like advertising ludicrous system requirements for games. If I say the minimum is a 2Ghz, then thats what it is. Period.

I should have clarified my post. When I first bought BCM, it ran just fine with the Minimum requirements, but once I REALLY got into the game and started running around the planets, blowing up cities, taking over several stations and so on, the game started going VERY, VERY slow. I'm sure that the game will run just fine with the Minimum, but again, once you get into it and start controlling several stations, I'm sure that a much better system will be required for that.

quote:

Yes it will be enough to handle the game, but you still have a sub 2Ghz system on your profile.