Mercenary Manifesto

Guest Saito Miyamoto

Guest Saito Miyamoto

Greetings ladies and gentlemen. My name is Saito Hajime Sanosuke no Miyamoto, or Saito M. for short. For some time now I have watched you all from afar, waiting for the right time to make my presence known. With the soon to be released BCM demo, that time- is now...

Make no mistake, I am not here to boast military superiority, or make claims that one fleet or race is inferior to my own. I am here to issue a warning; all in good fun.

The tides of war are rising on all sides, and everyone is scurrying to re-affirm old alliances. Take heed and prepare yourselves. My caste feeds on your fear, we can smell it lightyears away. We feed on your hatred and rivalries. Prepare yourselves, load up BC and refamiliarize yourselves with the grueling task of space combat - my brethren and I have waited for this moment and have practiced our tactics in secrecy.

I look forward to the upcomming chaos fueled by your fear, hatred and pathetic desire to fight for freedom. Money is the true driving force, and I will be more than happy to teach you all that painful lesson.

Will see you all soon, online.

It was a pleasure meeting you.

------------------

UCV Shinsengumi

Cpt. Saito Miyamoto

Terran/Mercenary

LOL!

Hey man where were you when I was trying to get the Nolimit mercs off the ground?

quote:

and I will be more than happy to teach you all that painful lesson.

And it the name of fun here is another quote...

quote:

"Nothing comes out when they move their lips, it's bunch of giberish cause they forgot about Dre..."

Slim Shady

wink.gif

But if you want to help me that's alright too, cause Mr.phish here's got the doe...

Take a billion, would that be enough?

Hey just to remind you tho I'm not a merc anymore. I belong to the insurgent fleet. Have yo given any thoughts to joining us? We are all about YOU! Seriously we love you...hmmm maybe not LOVE it's more like kin-ship, nothing but happy warm feelings ahhhh the insurgency... I'm going bit to far here. Anyway, check us out, we simply rule...we rule... we totally rule...we

for(; ; )rule++;

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 03-01-2000).]

If you tire of the long, lonely road of the Ronin, we offer you a master to serve with honour, and a safe haven to call home.

An offer to serve within the ranks of Prime Fleet is open, and will remain open as long as you do not make us your enemy.

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

S36 Commander, Gamma Wing

Guest aramike01

Prime Fleet... hmmm, an oxymoron??? wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, New America Starbase

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer, Spectre Fleet

Guest Ron Wallin

Statment retracted, per SC those that haven't pledged themselves to a fleet are fair game for recruitment.

Kristophers, get us Mr. Miyamoto. Once acquired he has a position waiting within my command doing what he does best!

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

Spectre Fleet, Command Staff

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 03-02-2000).]

Guest aramike01

Gotcha, boss.

Ammend: Gotcha again, boss! smile.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 03-02-2000).]

Guest Saito Miyamoto

The fun thing about playing a Merc is manipulating all sides of the battle.

Disclaimer however, once hired, I will complete the mission. However once it is completed I am back on the free market.

Isn't capitalism and universalism (globalism has expanded) grand!

------------------

UCV Shinsengumi

Cpt. Saito Miyamoto

Terran/Mercenary

Guest aramike01

Gosh, I'd love to see a single merc attampt to manipulate an engagement between New America and it forces and Orion... Be advised to stay out of the line of fire! wink.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Guest Saito Miyamoto

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers:

I have much respect for your passion, for it was that and your skill which gave you such a loft position.

Perhaps if it were another time what you said, about the power of a single merc to show you how fragile your engagement between you and Orion truly was...

I have made a name for myself as a Merc in numerous other forms. A Dragoon by heart knows how to feel everything, be part of everything, yet retain some form of neutrality through the acknowledgement of his talent. I hope, that when the time comes, my previous training in the BC universe will shine.

Remember: Honor means nothing without financial support. Money is power!

Will see you all soon... (this is gunna be fun) *grin*

------------------

UCV Shinsengumi

Cpt. Saito Miyamoto

Terran/Mercenary

Guest Ron Wallin

Saito, the warrior without master is nothing more than a lowly assasin. He thinks he is the master of his world. He is merely the pawn of greater men.

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Guest Saito Miyamoto

That was beautiful... Right now my master is money, and I guess I am a lowly assassin.... for now at least. I havn't seen any of various fleets in action, so I don't want to jump on a sinking ship...

Then again, jumping on a sinking ship and emerging as the hero who beats impossible odds may be pretty cool too.

------------------

UCV Shinsengumi

Cpt. Saito Miyamoto

Terran/Mercenary

Guest Ron Wallin

You are correct, Saito. This is all mere posturing. The truth of the matter is that it only takes one golden BB to bring down a ship.

Let's hope that the golden BB has someone elses name when the fun begins

p.s.,

Cmdr. Kristophers, my post in this thread concerning recruitment has changed. Please read it again.

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 03-02-2000).]

quote:

I havn't seen any of various fleets in action, so I don't want to jump on a sinking ship...

Good point Saito. BC:M will show true colors, not mere words.

"The world is tired of words, it wants examples!" -Shogi Effendi

Make sure to drop me your bussiness card at the Wraith HQ, we may hire you in BC:M smile.gif

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*1st Squadron, *HellHound Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Hades

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest aramike01

Mr. Miyamoto:

I have been instructed to attain your services within our fleet. Keep in mind, however, that this is not an offer for mercenary services. We (the Insurgency) are prepared to offer you a home and a chance to fight on the side of freedom.

You have been requested by name, Mr. Miyamoto, by one of the highest-ranking officers in the Insurgency. This does not occur very often, so take it as you may.

I request an email from you in order to send links and other information regarding our cause; our fight for freedom. Please send email to [email protected] and I will reply in short order.

Mr. Miyamoto, this is an opportunity to join a worthy cause; to fight for more than the mere substance which is money.

I understand your feelings about remaining neutral but I strongly urge you to reconsider. Even a warrior needs allies. Even a warrior's eyes only face one direction.

The Insurgency will eliminate this blindspot, and watch your back when needed. Furthermore, as a merc you may find yourself making enemies that you do not desire to make. Your enemies will be dictated by your employer. Hence, your employer may seal off your options; options that you may wish to exercise in the future.

I'm offering you a home, Mr. Miyamoto. I'm offering you a chance to make a name; a chance to have people watching your back.

But I am offering you more: The fight of your life! The greatest, most meaningful and most challenging fight you will ever face.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Heh, is that the cry of a desperate foe for help? Seems the way to me. Personally, I'm interested to see just how this merc conducts his business.

Then again, ORION is always on the look out for interesting *characters* (We got some good ones us) so if this merc is wanting to be part of somthing more useful than the life of a gun for hire, we *might* be able to offer him one here.

We'll see ...

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

Guest aramike01

Sorry, Blades, but it's quite to the contrary. When we see talent, we like to aquire it. Period. That's why the Insurgency is so powerful. And it is my personal belief that Mr. Miyamoto is looking for freedom. Well, that's what we fight for!

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Of course you like to try and aquire talent, since the Insurgency has have so little of its own. wink.gif That and the fact that Insurgency training methods are, *ahem*, poor to say the least. But enough of this, he's a merc. Mercs go where the money is good and ready. You think either of our military structures has any spare cash floating about?

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

Saito Miyamoto, Cmdr. of UCV Shinsengumi-

It is a pleasure to hear from a person that knows what he wants. Since you will be a wandering Ronin, it will be in you interest to drop me a line. As head of Prime Fleet's G2, You will fine it profitable to keep in touch with me. I do not care if you can defeat a fleet single handed, though that certainly is an asset, but I do care if you are a true Merc. and not a trader of information.

"The fun thing about playing a Merc is manipulating all sides of the battle.

Disclaimer however, once hired, I will complete the mission."

If playing all sides of a battle is how you work then you will find little work. If you can manage to be aloof from the frey around you and act as a true Ronin, with honour, then you will become a very wealthy man, of course this would be based strickly upon your skills.

Good luck, and if you want to be hired post an e-mail address in your profile, for security reasons of course. We wouldn't want the enemy, whom ever they may be to know what you will be up to. See you out there, and good hunting smile.gif">......<P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security

G3 Tactics(Acting)

ICQ#48334198

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 03-02-2000).]

Gents, this was Saito's merc thread, its been twisted into yet ANOTHER recruitment effort.

If a new player wishes to get info about the fleets, he or she can go to the fleet sites or ASK about them.

Until they do, please don't all jump onto every newblood that appears in the forum, its un-neighborly smile.gif

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*1st Squadron, *HellHound Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Hades

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest Saito Miyamoto

Tac, don't worry. The thread hasn't been twisted, rather has turned into an interesting discussion which I am weighing the dedication of fleets involved. This is a very difficult decission for me to make and I am going to weigh a number of factors, namely:

1. Cooperation: How well the fleet works together. I don't want to join a fleet that is full of gung-ho heroes, but rather individuals who understand their role in the battles ahead and do their best in their positions to support the rest of the fleet.

2. Dedication: A fleet that dies after a month of inactivity is very lame. I commanded units for games such as the Mechwarrior series (Wolf's Dragoons), Tribes (The Roughnecks), and the X-Wing Series (Nikko-Raiders): all of which were merc groups. In those games I could understand how interest died out as they got boring, but the SC has a series of game here that will always be fresh and new... So I want a group of badasses that will ride this series all the way to 3050!

3. Talent: This remains to be seen. I have been, in my posts, joking about practicing. We are ahead of the learning curve gentlemen, but inactivity leads to apathy. I want to see a unit that is able to (in prep for BC:M) say ok, load up BC and practice X, Y, and Z tactics. Go into instant combat and do X, Y, and Z and report your results.

4. Strategy and Risk Takers: Lastly Im looking for a group that can strike a balance in the upcomming war to know when to use strategy, and when to say Fark it all - lets just do it. It is a hard balance to strike from my experience, and really requires some balls. A group that can during a campaign know when to pick their battles strategically, and at other times take a risk really catch my attention.

Overall I am really flattered by the requests, and will check out the fleets that made the offers. I know that BC:M is approaching quickly, so If I am going to enlist, I need to do it soon. (Cracks open a beer and takes a sip)

Oh yeah...

I need a group that doesn't have a "No drinking and commanding a Cruiser" laws.

Anyway, check out my thread in the Role playing section...

p.s. I am leaning towards one fleet which I have watched on the boards for some time now. I wanted to enlist back in the day, but refrained (I dont know why, leave me alone)..anyway it isn't set in stone.

I also, if I decide to remain a merc, will not make enemies by pitting fleets against one another as I previously may have suggested. I was boasting there to see what sort of responses I got.icon6.gif

------------------

UCV Shinsengumi

Cpt. Saito Miyamoto

Terran/Mercenary

Unforunately Commander Saito Miyamoto, At this point all the factors you desire to see, will not become available until the product is released. Anyone here can pencil in whatever kind of character they want. The true test will be when they come face to face with another opposing vessel. Even an attempt to use factors based on the orginal BC3K are useless when pitted against a real player.

So if you are truely going to make an attempt to use the factors you named, enlisting into any fleet based only on words presented by people you do not know is pointless.

Lastly - Don't spill your beer on your keyboard, it make raising shields in interesting task smile.gif