Space Pirates

Guest Xlogic

Guest Xlogic

What if we had a small fleet of BCs roaming around the outer rims of space .. lurking and waiting to pounce on lone vessels, traders, cargoships, etc.. disabling and capturing them? I know that each journey is not made up of more that 2-3 BC, unless a big battle is about to happen .. 5 or so Pirate Vessels could easily ambush any number of ships and capture them .. right? These pirates would have to be specialized in quickly disabling enemy ships of course .. and not destroying them completely .. then the pirates could board the ships, and remove any valuables .. such as missiles, fuel etc..

------------------

Cmdr. Xlogic

UCV Vagabond

"Pick battles big enough to matter, yet small enough to win."

hehehe...Funny that ye should be mentioning this. There's a group doing just this though they not be called pirates wink.gif

Though their ships haven't been modified to disable the targets, that group does manage to exhibit the same tactics described herein.

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, GMT+3

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

Sounds like ye be plugging your Wing there, Gallion. Trying for a little recruiting? wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

Guest Xlogic

I was just wondering,.. since everyone thinks that raiders, pirates, assassins, etc.. are just easy meat that dont pose a problem.. but if they have numbers to back them up, they could be deadly..

------------------

CMDR. STEVE "XLOGIC" MELTON

ORION FLEET

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

GCV - VAGABOND

"Pick battles big enough to matter, yet small enough to win."

"Not on my Watch, Not on my Ship, Not in my.......Errr......Belay That!" Whew! Flashback! "Uncle Rattler" just stepped back in time about 12 years there! Pirates? Where? If I see a Pirate in BCM, his life expectancy is about 30 seconds from that point. If I see a Fleet of Pirates, I'm ejecting the whole bunch a lot quicker than that! "Nuff Said!"

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Nay lads, I not be a recruiting fer anyone or anything. Just stating the facts is all.

Watch BP there Unc, MP still on the lee. But I does agree with the esteemed gent from de Insurgency. Pirates/Raiders/Mercs be fair dink'm - with a dash of Insurgent thrown to appease the GEEOC wink.gif

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-15-2000).]

Guest Guy Campbell

I couldn't agree with you more, Insurgent One. First we have the stinking GalCommies to deal with and now Pirates! In sight, in pieces is my motto.

Guy "Agro" Campbell

------------------

Chief Engineering Officer

New Frontier Starbase

Commander ICV-Sagan

Fear? Never heard of it!

[This message has been edited by Guy Campbell (edited 03-17-2000).]

• 1 month later...

quote:

If I see a Pirate in BCM, his life expectancy is about 30 seconds from that point.

What about the concept that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend?" If the Insurgency is fighting GalCom and some band of raiders is ambushing GalCom convoys, then wouldn't the Insurgent just sit back and let the raiders take the risk?

[This message has been edited by Steve Schacher (edited 05-17-2000).]

Nope, Insurgent One would NOT!

If they would attack Galcommie assets, then they would attack Friendlies as well. I hates thieves and pirates! They have no honor!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

quote:

I hates thieves and pirates! They have no honor!

What? You don't believe in "Honor amongst thieves?"

In the 17th century (a long time ago), pirates were tolerated by local governors when the pirates harassed ships from enemy nations because they would then sell the booty in town, boosting the economy. It's only when it became politically disadvantageous that local governors would oust the pirates. And many pirates were given Letters of Marque (field commissions) to hunt pirate ships from enemy nations.

So, if pirates lived in the outer fringes of Insurgency territory and raided Galcom ships in order to sell goods at Insurgent stations, you would still want to kill them all?

Most likely! There's not much call for Pirates these days. Raiders are a different matter! Raiders have no loyalties, nor do they have honor. They fight not for a worthy cause. They fight for monetary gain. P.S. I don't like Merc's either, for that same reason. They don't spend their money in your shops and taverns. They save it and take it home with them. Now who's supporting your economy? Their loyalty to your cause will only last as long as your payroll. Did I mention I hate Merc's? wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler