Know your role

Shingen, I think the race doesn't change much about hostile/friendly states being assassin, only for military. But I'm not sure a terran/trader would like the protection of a gammulan/mercenary

TAC: are you saying the only gammulan military we'll see will be riding StormCarriers, Aëstroms and Firestorms?

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

GCV - StalkerIV, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shingen

I know in the BC3K gaming universe, playing terran/trader, the only 'natural' enemies are multinational raiders. I even flew into Gammula and took over the star-station in Gamma-1 and they didn't even fire back! No fighters, no missles, no resistance! Kinda easy, but I established a 'terran/trader' star-station, and it had one of the highest inflation rates, so it made to accumulation of wealth sooo much simpler smile.gif

I guess I can live as a terran, since I already registered... but I ain't joinin' no fleets, so don't even try to convert me! smile.gif

I will, however, consider covert-ops/anti-personnel missions if the price is right... cwm23.gif

------------------

Commander Shingen

UCV Deathstrike

Assassin

"Death is inevitable, it's life that's uncertain"

lol, i will have to try that in BC3k too.

cwm27.gif

haha, high inflation.........

In BCM, the first thing i'll do in multiplayer would probably be capturing stations and some assasinations too, hehe. Well, I'll probably have a super bad reputation when GCO comes out in 2002.

HEY! BCM comes out on May 7!! You can pre-order it at

EB World!! I'll be seeing you all around sometime or another.........

------------------

Commander Alec Nova

UCV Dark Outlaw, Pixan Starstation (Lennen)

-Independent Outlaw/Mercenary/Assasin For Hire

Will take most jobs from Covert-Ops, and Assasination,

to Recon, Trading, Security, and Will Work for any Race/Caste/

Fleet, if you've got the cash. "Always want a challenge....."

"To me, luck is useless in life; especially if you've

got a bigger gun than the guy next to you."

quote:

Well, I'll probably have a super bad reputation when GCO comes out in 2002.

LOL! biggrin.gif

Alec nova, your sig quote is funny. biggrin.gif

Hey, funny sig quote that appeared at station communications (www.orion.i8i.co.uk/forum/)

"My life is not in god's hands when I have a gun in mine."

I think Cadet Sharpy said that.

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

GCV - StalkerIV, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

Guest Shingen

Where ya been, man??

I've been having to hold off these fleet-recruitin' propogandists all by my lonesome..(well, not quite)

help me save the BCM universe from the tyranny of the bureaucratic fleets! cwm27.gif

------------------

Commander Shingen

UCV Deathstrike

Assassin

And another thing, why is it that we rarely have any RPG stories about indies? I mean the fleet RPG stories are good but we really need some good indie stories to spice things up. Who knows, maybe their will be a crossover type of story where the indies play a major role that earns us our respect and recognition.

------------------

Commander Gene Starwind

UCV Outlaw Star

"You better get ready!"

Yeah, I love my sig too.

Outlaw: Trust me. In BCM, we'll make everyone see that you don't have to be in a fleet to be successful. Watch. Lots of people will be joining Mercenaries, Assasins, and other castes instead of fleets.

I also absolutely know that official permanant alliances and other partnerships will occur with indies like us. That is a must. We have to stick together, or fall, once a fleet puts us on their list (somehow I get the feeling I'll be a GalCom target soon).

My first personal goal is to get enough cash, and weapons, so I can capture a station for Mercs, Raiders, Assasins, and whoever can dock at my station (its in the fleet faq, i just can't remember exactly who can dock where).

BCM ships May 7 at EB Games! Get it, and go multiplayer! Remember my sig, I'll work for anyone, anywhere, if there's enough cash invloved.

------------------

Commander Alec Nova (Terran/Mercenary)

UCV Dark Outlaw (SpaceStar Class), Pixan Raider Starstation (Lennen)

to Recon, Trading, and Security Detail. Will Work for any Race/Caste/

Dont worry, you wont be on the Orion hit list unless you do somthing bad. Like aiding a commander hostile to the Orion Fleet. Yup, thats likely to get you noticed. Be aware, Orion notices everything that goes on. Still, providing you dont act against the Orion fleet, or GalCom in general, there may be a contract or two in it for you. Send a mail to [email protected] if you're interested.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orionfleet.com

'Here cometh the storm!'

quote:

And another thing, why is it that we rarely have any RPG stories about indies? I mean the fleet RPG stories are good but we really need some good indie stories to spice things up.

Perhaps because no one is writing any? Some people wrote merc characters for the first gam war. They helped there and someone is writing on in Blades current thread.

quote:

Who knows, maybe their will be a crossover type of story where the indies play a major role that earns us our respect and recognition.

Go for it. As a whole I would say no though. But certain characters could be upstanding while others will be unscrupulous. Will be the same in game as well.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

The trick is is thias :-

You gotta write the character (Any character, be they a member of an existing fleet or an outsider) in an interesting and charismatic way. It's no good if you're just part of the moment - you have to be a part of the story.

Theres lots of room for 'outsiders' in the current RP thread - make yourself known!

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orionfleet.com

'Here cometh the storm!'

I'm not into rpg-ing online, but i'll give it a shot. My fleet DB Registration went through! http://www.bc3000ad.com/fleets/db/profile....form_cmdrid=189

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that i had this list made up:

Cool things to do with the demo:

1: Try BCStudio.exe (its in the folder where you install the demo, usually "C:Program Files3000adBattlecruiser Millennium Demo"). You can view the 3d models and rotate them and stuff. You can even map ship textures onto the Personel (people) Models (be sure to not save the files or change them back before using bcm; OR ELSE POSSIBLE ERRORS).

2: Listen to your own MP3s! If you've got some mp3 files you'd rather hear than the regular in-game music, copy them to the soundfxmusic subdirectory of your BCM demo folder, and then you can hear them by changing the in-game song # (alt-, or alt-.).

------------------

UCV Dark Outlaw (SpaceStar Class), Pixan Raider Starstation (Lennen)

to Recon, Trading, and Security Detail. Will Work for any Race/Caste/

Guest Shingen

I've got an idea for a Indie/Misc caste/race RP thread, but would it have to be included with the existing RP thread that's running now or can I start a new RP thread??

Also would I have to post the new thread in the RP forum, or can can we run an Indie RP thread from here??

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Well, I started my RP life as one of the crew of the S.S. Vulture. So far, I've made 2 posts. Blades said anyone (including mercs and other indies) can join at any time, but just to keep to the confines of the story.

------------------

UCV Dark Outlaw (Modified SpaceStar Class Ship)

Guest Shingen

OK, I started my new RP thread. Go to the RP forum and make yourself known!

------------------

Commander Shingen

UCV Deathstrike

Assassin

Guest Shingen

It's a quiet as the grave in here.. where did everyone go??? frown.gif

------------------

Commander Shingen

UCV Deathstrike

Assassin