Know your role

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Commercial? Why not. You the advantage of being about to ride aarmed transport, something that traders can't.

Of course, no main guns = no battle

Not true, not true.... Armed transports are not to be underestimated. Commander <Censored> of the <Censored> could take on any capital ship in a Jenstar. When fighters were thrown into the mix, it became a bit more dicey but Cmdr. <Censored> still pulled his crew through in one piece.

Of course, only a fool would take on a Station without a cloaking device.

[ 04-11-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Guest Shingen

I think if you read the fleet asset list, it'll tell you what castes get what ships, though I don't know if it's for BC3K or BCM or what...

Blades, I take it from your post that you're following the thread... any suggestions??

[ 04-14-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Dunno about what you should say, but if you would change the bcmkII for a Megaron heavy carrier, I could act as the meeting commander.

Your Solnar would not have much chance in battle against my beast.

I'm a RP newbie, but an experienced galcom commander

Guest Shingen

quote:

Dunno about what you should say, but if you would change the bcmkII for a Megaron heavy carrier, I could act as the meeting commander.

Well, the reason I chose an BC-MKII was because I was unfamiliar with how assests are handled within a fleet, so I just went with the familar (ie: anyone playing BC3K would automatically get a BC-MKII)

If you think it would improve the story-line to have the MKII changed to a Megaron, that's easily solved, because the type of craft is not central to the story-line, involving my characters , per-say. If you wanted to act as the Commander then e-mail me and I'll give you an idea of the confines of the meeting, ect., then you can improvize and extrapolate how you wanted to write your post.

I'm also new to RPing, but there was alot of (I thought) interest in an indie RP, and I had/have a lot of kewl tie-ins to the plot that's evolving within the INTO THE FIRE RP, but I'm at a loss as how to get people involved in this RP, that's why I figured Blades might have a clue. (An RP of one is a serious waste of time!)

I have a new post ready for The Independent Way that includes the BCMKII commander, but I'll wait to post to see if you want the role.

Then I'll change the Gal-Com ship as applicable.

[ 04-14-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

I haven't seen anyone interested in being Police. If I don't decide to be a trader, then definately Police. Something is just so charming about riding around on the surface of a planet as a Police officer in a Humvee. Not to mention, Police also get super cruisers to choose from, or can be fighter pilots. Lots of options to consider there.

Also, a note about raiders: they can have non-raider allies. Some assassins and mercenaries are friendly to them. Not all, obviously, but a few are. Mercs, assassins and raiders all tend to have random affiliations to each other. Some are friendly, some neutral, some hostile. You never really know with those types.

Guest Shingen

KEWLNESS!! I'm almost there!

Hey Aramike, since you're 'in the know' regarding the Insurgency, would you know of anyone who would be willing to participate in the indie RP? I need someone from the Insurgency to complete the story-line.

Rank or position are important, as they need to be able to assign fleet assets.

Any help is greatly appreciated(?)

I'd do it, but I'm too busy ... Rattler seems busy, too ... Never seen Gum RP ... Don't know where the hell Akira is ... Wait, I've got it!

Try getting Charles' (Chavik) attention. He enjoys RP from what I remember and is the boss of Balor fleet (the supply arm of the Insurgency).

Guest Shingen

Charles,

I got your message, but I'm still doing research on all the past RP's the have a tie-in, or effect the ITF thread, so that the indie thread doesn't cause any major event-clashes.

My e-mail is [email protected]. Wasn't it posted in my profile?? Hmmm, when I figure out exactly how and where the Insurgency ties into the overall indie thread without causing any backlash from all the others, I'll let you in on the story-line.

Zeke is over there throwing in alternate-realities and new races/species so it's kinda weird right now.

Just keep following the thread until I get the bugs worked out, and thanks for the help, in advance.

Shingen, very interesting rpg story so far and it sounds like it will be even better. Love to step in but I'm not very good at storytelling and all. Maybe you can give me some pointers? Nova, glad you responded to my RPG topic.

Guest Shingen

quote:

. Love to step in but I'm not very good at storytelling and all. Maybe you can give me some pointers?

Follow the thread...be creative...have fun!

Other then that, I'm clueless