The Gathering

As the imminent release of BCM closes in I was wondering what kind of machines the indies here are running. These are my PC specs:

466MHz Celeron e-machines

256 megs RAM

32mb PCI graphics card

win98 SE

5x DVD-ROM drive

8.4 gigs of HD

soundblaster compatible card

Not exactly a beastly machine like the 1 gig monsters with all the bells and whistles but it's what I have to play BCM.

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: Outlaw ]

Well, I have:

HP 6630

Celeron 500 Mhz

64 MB RAM

10.2GB HD

1.7 GB HD

ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Graphics/TV Tuner Card (Rage 128 Chipset)

24x/4x/4x/4x CD/DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive

56k Modem

NIC (Network Interface Card)

Win ME

It's not bad, and it's only a little over a year old. I used to have cable, but I moved, and had to get rid of it. When it gets to my area, I just might get it again.

I'll be running BCM on the following kit:

- PIII 850

- 512MB ram

- 32MB ATI 4xAGP card

- 56K modem

- Usual pc stuff... hard drives, CD/CDRW/DVD, NIC

- W98SE, and Win2K Pro

The modem's the "weak" link, but in my neck of the world you pay "BIG" (seriously expensive) for anything else. No ASDL, cable, etc.

Regards, & Good Huntin'.

Thanks for the warm welcome Nova.

That price for cable service got me thinking... so I did some research...

... If you was here, you'd have 64kb ISDN (excluding modem, and call charges) for that price ($39.65 to be precise).

Just aswell there isn't an "instant graemlin" to depict "green with envy" because the rest of my post would be filled with 'em.

Regards, & Good Huntin'.

quote:

Cable is only $38/month + modem (buy it or lease it) for 512kbps download 256 kbps upload where I live.

Here, it's about 27$US with modem, or 18$US +modem For the same quality, DSL or cable (but the DSL is upload-capped, I know I have it)

I got 56k too. Cable is around 40 bucks, that's twice as much as regular 56k connection. I just hope 56k is enough to actually play online and not ping someone to death.