New Indie Web-site!

Guest Shingen

Guest Shingen

OK, I think this is the first BC3K / BCM website dedicated to all the Indie players! I just started this page, but I wanted to get some feedback on it's layout and legal stuff, before I put alot of time into it and then have to change alot of junk.

Go check out the site and tell me what you think. There isn't any real 'content' yet, but that'll change very fast!

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Owwwwccchhhh, my eyes... I think I'm got blinded with that text.

Maybr reduce the size of the font and change it to a color that isn't quite so obtrusive.

Guest Shingen

ok.. I can handle that.. (this is like the first web-page I've tried to create, so cut me a little slack..)

Anything else?

I don't have to go on your website to see one mistake: GEOCITIES! Get out of there, you... take www.mifix.net !

Seems very interesting. But there's too much red text, the "bc3k races" text has a too low resolution and the copyright message is outdated.

Your table of content is much too big. Change the text size and color, and reduce the spaces.

Guest Shingen

quote:

I don't have to go on your website to see one mistake: GEOCITIES! Get out of there, you... take
!

OK, I already have a sub-domain at mifix.net, but I can't figure out how to access the ftp or create directories and sub-directories. I don't think that they are all put together yet, but I plan on moving there when I can figure out how to manage my web-site from their FTP.

quote:

Seems very interesting. But there's too much red text, the "bc3k races" text has a too low resolution and the copyright message is outdated.

OK, I try something else, but I don'rt have a bunch of high-dollar web-creating software to work with, basically just MS crap!

Which copyright message should I use??

quote:

Your table of content is much too big. Change the text size and color, and reduce the spaces.

Yeah, everything is going to be streamlined when I get all my support files gathered together. I wasn't going to throw the site up yet, but since I have like NO experience creating web-pages, I knew you guys would help me along with a bunch of 'constructive criticisim'.

I need all the help I can get, but I think it'll be a kewl place for indies when we get through!

quote:

but I can't figure out how to access the ftp or create directories and sub-directories. I don't think that they are all put together yet, but I plan on moving there when I can figure out how to manage my web-site from their FTP.

Are you using an ftp client? Which one?

quote:

OK, I try something else, but I don't have a bunch of high-dollar web-creating software to work with, basically just MS crap!

Never heard of Netscape composer? It's cheap but easy to use. There one included in Mozilla (www.mozilla.org), a new web browser, that has a lot of features from what I've seen.

quote:

Which copyright message should I use??

Just change the bc 3020 for bc millennium, it's enough. And one time on the main page s enough.

quote:

but since I have like NO experience creating web-pages, I knew you guys would help me along with a bunch of 'constructive criticisim'.

No problem.

quote:

I need all the help I can get, but I think it'll be a kewl place for indies when we get through!

Need help? Ask for it, and you'll be served.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Are you using an ftp client? Which one?

I have no idea... whatever the default MS WIN'98 FTP client is. Got any ideas on a better one?

I won't be keeping the geocities site! They won't let me have a forum on thier server so screw-'em!

I need to figure out how I can get into my mifix.net sub-domain so I can start using it! any suggestions?

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:
When r u going to put stuff on it?

There's only one page now 'cause I have to move everything from the geocities site to the mifix.net site. The I have to figure out how to setup the forum.

I don't have a large amount of time, yet, I just basically put it up here so I could exploit the know-how of my fellow commanders! ..as I said before, I'm anything but a programmer!

I'll be updating it more and more this week, and the following weeks. I also have to work on the indie RP as well... which I'm working on next..

Guest ROoCOoCOo

hey shingen,

I'm a 'professional' webdeveloper (at least thats what my degree is) and happen to be Indie for now (until I get 'into' the game more)

I'd be happy to help you and all of those other Indies out, if you are comfortable with it.

I can do Perl/CGI, ASP (old style, not +), C, C++.

It's up to you, if you feel like you need some help: I'm here

If you don't want any, no hard feelings

cya around

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: ROoCOoCOo ]