Trading Guild

Guest helgejl

Guest helgejl

Hello.

Since I found out there's no Trading guilds established, how about some of you hardcore Traders out there helped me start one..?

AND..: Do you need any clearance from Head of Office (Derek Smart) to start a new guild/league/(fleet)?

Z'lani "Trading for a Better World"

zelon_logo.jpg

Congratulations, you are the first zelon!

Hey, wait, you're not even registered in the db!

There is one trader in the db, I think there's a few wandering around, but maybe not enough for your plans.

However, you might be good enough and attract other peaceful people.

Interesting idea. There have been discussiong somewhat relative to the subject. You can dig 'em with the search function.

Guest helgejl

The first Zelon?

I thought people would love the Zelons...

It's one of the most brilliant sci-fi races I've ever laid my eyes on.

Guest helgejl

Its something like that I would like to organize with this guild.

If we are going to use the quickest(and most dangerous) trade routes, we need to hire some mercs to protect the trade-fleets...Ill keep your name in mind.

If you want an official guild/corp/(fleet) or whatever you said made, first make your sig in good form. Here is the most common:

quote:

Name
(Race/Caste)

Prefix-Ship Name
, Home Station (Station's Planet)

"Quote"

Logos (Race->Organization->Fleet->Wing) OR (Race->Corporation)

The Quote part is optional for a proper sig. The Organization->Fleet->Wing only is used for Galcom/Earthcom/Insurgency members at this time, and most still don't have fleet or wing logos yet (but who knows; soon we will have one of our own organizations).

Prefixes are as follows:

GCV = Galcom Command Vessel

ICV = Insurgent " "

ECV = Earthcom " "

UCV = Undesignated Command Vessel

So if you're not in Galcom/Earthcom/Insurgency, then your an indie, and are a UCV (hmmm both police and criminal have the same prefix; heh, something to think about).

You can also use this for your ship part

quote:

Prefix-Ship Name
(Ship Type)

If you read the Asset Choices Page, you'll find out that you (as a trader) can only select an unarmed transport. Read up on the Ship Types (does anyone know where to get them?), they were in the Episode 1 demo. Also look at the Galaxy Map if you want to chose a homebase, because since you're an indie, you don't have a higher ranking officer to chose it for you.

---

Next, Register in the Fleet DB Here:

http://www.bc3000ad.com/fleets/db/

First click register, and it will take you through the process. The username field is your Message Board username (Holo Z'lani).

Okay, you can't create a fleet. You're an Indie. One of us non-affiliated guys. Don't buy into their propaganda on how great they are. What you want is a Corporation, or maybe a Guild.

If you want to create a guild, get some other trader or commercial people to support you and send in the idea in. Who to send it to, I don't really know cuz this is something we indies still haven't done yet. Can someone shed light on this?

If they okay it, you should (must?) make a logo. Read excerpt from Logo Page:

quote:

All user created fleet, corporation, wing and logos for similar groups, must be submitted to

for approval, before they can be used.

All user created material designed for use in 3000AD products, become the property of 3000AD, Inc.

It has to be 74x88 pixels, and should use black as the background color.

---

No one has ever done this before, and I was trying to make a merc guild before I went cop, but no one really strongly supported it. Check "Know Your Role" Page 3, and start reading from the 4th message on. The information above is what I've gathered in my short 4 months here. Good luck, and see you in the stars.

Also, if you traders get some cargo stolen, you know who to call............

(Sheesh, that was the longest message I have ever written...)

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Transfering some important info to here.

quote:

Posted by Cmdr Nova:

quote:

----------------------------------------

Originally posted by Supreme Commander, on the
New Commander
thread

quote:

-------------------------------

You have your work cut out for you. If you want a unified gif you become a fleet. Guess what? Not possible with "indies".

-------------------------------

Indies can have theirs I think, its just that I don't want it abused. I mean, you could have several Raider caste factions, all with a different insignia. Then again, who said there was anything organized about Raiders anyway?

Hmmm. Just wanted to bring this up. C'mon, the SC said it.................

If someone makes up some sort of name, I can make an animated gif, when I get around to it. If it isn't abused, like Derek said. And, if its okay with him.

quote:

Posted by Charles Lindsey:

quote:

How much is too much? (ie: how many is too many)

The premise is that you will be able to cooperate in BCM. So if You (Shingen), Outlaw, and Nova decided to band together, play online together, create a gif, and use it when posting that would be cool. Another group of guys would do the same. I can foresee many (however many different, consistent groups there are) different gifs being used. Just so long as every indie doesn't create his own gif I think all is cool.

quote:

Are we limited to one 'indie guild' (with one logo) or are we able to build a few. (I don't want a whole lots of different 'sects' floating around, each with thier own logos, but I don't want to be limited to just one guild/logo for indies...(unless it's really kewl!))

No you are not limited to one "indie guild". In fact, that's what I am stating what I feel would almost be considered a fleet. You guys are supposed to be diverse. You
should
have several "sects" floating around. So if several of you play together regularly then you should post under one "sect" name and use the same gif.

Talk to Tac. He has played in several online WWII combat flights sims from what I read and he would probably have some good advice about such "sects" .

Now who has the minutes from the last meeting? The indie guys were going to be called something. Sect isn't quite right but I forget. Anyone have that info off the top of their head?

quote:

Posted by Supreme Commander:

Yep.

I say it would actually go under corporation in the logo page.

Look at the steps above and then read up on those old conversations, to help. Its a hard thing to do, making a corporation/guild. I hope you suceed where I failed...... There just weren't enough interested mercs at the time.

Now I've set my sights on Police organizationing. Like that's even a word. Check Fleet Related Discussions and check Police Caste if you want to. There might be some info that relates to a Trader Caste Organization.

Hello,

just read the description of the signature. Would something like this do?

Riga (Terran/Trader)

UCV Balmung (LRT 15)

"We always know someone who bids more"

Z'lani, need any help founding a guild?

Yep, us indies have to help each other out.

Also, you can put in ubb code in your sig, too like bolding your name and ship name. Using UBB Code, that's how you put in the logo(s) (see my sig). Us indies only have the Race Logo for now. I'll make sure we have some sort of guild or group before BCM comes out.

See UBB Code Page:

http://www.3000ad.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cg...b=ubb_code_page

Good question! I think the two are mutually exclusive, though; "trader", by definition, means someone who sells wares in exchange for other wares. "Commercial", on the other hand, refers to someone who sells wares in exchange for cold hard cash. Also, "traders" tend to trade with other species, which "commericial" tend to trade amongst their own species.

At least, that's my take on the situation.

As for the rest of the situation, here's my interpretation:

They can make guilds. There can't be one unified trader guild or anything, but there can be as many people in a single guild as you want, just as long as there are a lot of guilds. If everyone decided to join one giant guild, that'd be a fleet, and taboo. If people band together into small independent groups, or big independent groups, it's A-OK.

And, guilds can't recruit, as far as I know. People have to make that decision on their own.

[RP]Anyhoo, traders should be aware that us Police will watch your backs. But, don't be smuggling nothin'. Cause if you do, I will find out and I will come hurt you. [/RP]

Heh, I foresee the creation of a BCBBB. Battlecruiser Better Business Bureau.

quote:

Posted by Epsilon 5:
(07-04-2001 19:34)

One thing bothers me:

Can traders and commercial band together to make a corporation or guild, or they must stay separate?

E5, I think the answer is that they can combine. IMO, if Galcom has multi-race, then a corporation should be able to be multi-caste. I could be wrong, considering I've only been here for 4 months. Any fleet veterans around?

---

quote:

Posted by Outlaw:
(07-04-2001 21:48)

[rp]

Heh, just b sure not to abuse your police "authority" upon us or I'll b the next merc to b a "cop killer". [/rp]

[rp]Outlaw, I wouldn't let that happen to any old friends....[/rp]

Considering I'm an ex-merc, that's going to be a great RP dilemma to use in the future. I can't wait!

[rp]

U should have stayed as as merc Nova. Why da hell would u wanna b a cop? Hope u won't turn up red on my scanners. I got friends too u know. Reconsider your caste options. The merc caste is the way to go.

[/rp]

Shingen, some wisdom please.

Remember, I was the one who started the "Know your role" thread and gathered all the indies to come together as family. If nobody stepped up, we wouldn't b as organized and respected as we r now. Let's not make enemies of each other if were 2 work together.

So my sig would be something like the one below.

I registered myself in the fleet database yesterday.

How would these guilds work. There clearly cannot be one. Any other rules? Can there be one per station, one per star system?

[rp]Hmmm, the price these mercs ask is WAY to high[/rp]

Would be nice for us poor traders to be a _bit_ organized.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

In fact, it should be, IMHO:

Riga (Terran/Trader)

Launch base
(PLANET)

Ship class

"Quote"

Took the format from the message by Nova. He gave it as an alternative. I'm also not sure of any titles. Am I supposed to _not_ have a title, can I just use 'commander'? Any rules here?

Derek's last words on the subject.

http://www.3000ad.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cg...=5&t=000063&p=2

I only read down till I found Derek's lay out. There was some discussion after that. Derek's Directive, page two of that thread, rules 4 lays out an undesignated sig.

Undesignated do not have to have a rank but if you use one it should be Commander for simplicity.

Sig looks ok to me Riga. You might want to include your launch base though.

Guest helgejl

Is it possible for a trader/commercial to choose transporters with PTA-systems?

Would be great if we had some sort of (passive) attack.