Organization

I have to say this is an excellent idea, and its very well planned out. This is a winner for the non-military caste players! Kudos!

As Dreada pointed out, you can put up an office in Wraith HQ. Your members may also put up shops, personal quarters and their own offices to represent their ships. InterCorp website is 100% compliant with the Wraith HQ format as well!

I believe Wraith will be heavily contracting your Assassin and Service branches

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns For Hire Inc.

A subdivision of the Operations Division of Intercorp Unlimited

Charter

1. That Guns For Hire Inc. caters to all Intercorp Unlimited members of the mercenary caste without fear or favour to all;

2. That Guns For Hire Inc. being a subdivision of Intercorp Unlimited subscribes to the Corporation Charter in its entirety and all rules and regulations are duly enacted under the same Charter;

3. That Guns For Hire Inc will provide a point of contact for all mercenary members seeking employment and all clients seeking employees;

4. That Guns For Hire Inc. will obtain, ascertain and compile all necessary facts and details of each mercenary member into a database to enable any potential clients to choose the best mercenary available for the contract;

5. That Guns For Hire Inc. will not be held liable for whatsoever breach of contract terms, damages incurred, property destroyed or lives taken by its employees once the contract has been agreed upon;

6. That Guns For Hire Inc. does however hold a legal and moral responsibility to surrender said offender to appropriate authorities for legal action. And will do so to the extent of providing all information and last known position of said offender;

7. That Guns For Hire Inc. will obtain and confirm all information from potential clients before contacting their future employees. However, Guns For Hire Inc. will not be held liable for any losses due to a shortcoming in information or wrongful information provided;

8. That Guns For Hire Inc. will provide a platform to pursue all legal action in the event of Rule 7;

9. That Guns For Hire Inc. will charge a 4% service fee on the employer upon the agreement of the contract by both parties;

10. That all monies collected will be used on the subdivision after the appropriate cut to the Corporation;

11. That all member mercenaries are to abide by all rules and regulations of the Corporation, its Division and Guns For Hire Inc. as long as they are on the grounds the Corporation, its Division or Guns For Hire Inc.ÔÇÖs facilities. Guns For Hire Inc. will take all necessary means to penalize the said offender upon their failure to do so;

12. The Directors of Guns For Hire Inc. will abide by all rules and regulations at all times.

Hierarchy of Guns For Hire Inc.

Admiral

|

|

|

V

Board of Vice Admirals

|

-------------------------

| | |

| | |

V | |

Contracts Commodore | |

| V |

| Personnel Commodore |

| | V

| Intelligence Commodore

| | |

| | |

-------------------------

|

V

Commanders

Description of Positions

Admiral: Administrator of Division and implementers of Division Policy, Rules & Regulations vide Board of Vice Admirals

Perks: Power to override all contracts and also call on the help of any mercenary member only in dire circumstances;

55% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Power to reject and appoint officers of the Division with the recommendation of the Board of Vice Admirals;

Power to purchase, obtain and built infrastructure and facilities on behalf of the Division with the Division monies.

Responsibilities: Must abide by all the rules and regulations of the Corporation and the Division at all times;

Be held responsible for any and all infringements of mercenary members;

Must answer to the Board of Directors of the Corporation and also the Board of Vice Admirals.

Vice Admiral: Administrators of the Division Policy, Rules & Regulations and advisory capacity on the Board of Vice Admirals (Up to a maximum of 10 Vice Admirals)

Perks: 45% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Power to recommend the rejection and appointment of all officers of the Division excluding Vice Admirals;

Power to veto AdmiralÔÇÖs decision to purchasing decisions;

Voting power to appoint Admiral.

Responsibilities: Must abide by all the rules and regulations of the Corporation and the Division at all times;

Investigating of offenses and implementation of penalties;

Hearing and deciding on offenses and penalties;

Internal audit of Division finances and holdings;

Must answer to the Board of Vice Admirals and the Admiral.

Commodore: Administrator of departments and implementers of directives from the Admiral and the Vice Admirals (subject to number of Commanders)

Perks: 25% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Specific perks allotted by the Admiral and the Board of Vice Admirals.

Specific responsibilities allotted by the Admiral and the Board of Vice Admirals.

Senior Commander: Members that have distinguished themselves in the performance of their contracts and have exemplary records with the Corporation.

Perks: Voting power to appoint Vice-Admirals;

15% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Not bound by the rules and regulations of the Corporations and the Division when outside the holdings and facilities of the Corporation, its Divisions and/or Subdivisions.

Responsibilities: To ensure the good name of the Corporation, its Divisions and/or its Subdivisions are preserved at all times and in all acts;

Not to misuse the facilities and holdings of the Corporation, its Divisions and/or Subdivisions.[/]

Commander: Members that have distinguished themselves in performance of their contracts

Perks: Voting power to appoint Vice-Admirals;

10% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Not bound by the rules and regulations of the Corporations and the Division when outside the holdings and facilities of the Corporation, its Divisions and/or Subdivisions.

Responsibilities: To ensure the good name of the Corporation, its Divisions and/or its Subdivisions are preserved at all times and in all acts;

Not to misuse the facilities and holdings of the Corporation, its Divisions and/or Subdivisions.

Junior

Commander: New members

Perks: 5% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Not to misuse the facilities and holdings of the Corporation, its Divisions and/or Subdivisions.

Nice one Jefferey, like the Perks (most of all the Admiral's).

Do have a problem with the discounts though. This has been on my mind for quite some time now (and actually is the reason why I've been avoiding the subject as much as possible).

Suppose that you get 55% discount.

Now, the STDP is 100000 for an item. So you pay 45000.

Now, the guy you bought it from could get it for no less than 90% of the STDP (say GalCom, 0% inflation, speciality, assuming that inflation cannot be negative, not sure about that). At least this would hold true for bc3k, dunno about BCM and GCO.

Even if you sell it at a 40% infl station and it is not a speciality, then it would cost you 55% of 150000 = 67500, but the trader still no less than 90000.

Maybe I've got some error's in the calculations, but you get the idea.

In essence, if you buy a lot, the division would go bankrupt!

Have no answers yet, but I'm thinking about it.

BTW: I send you an email, but it bounced. Is the one in the fleet database still correct?

Hmm... yes those percentages are to high. And even then I don't see the use of having reduced cost of material, I think more about getting a part of the money each member must pay to be a part of the corporation, or even having less to pay

An example

Admiral : Get 15% of all profit +bonuses and privileges

Vice-admiral : Get 50%/nb v-a (max 12%) +bonuses and privileges

Commodore : Get 5% of all the profit +some privileges

-

Senior cmdr : Pay 10% of contract value

Commander : Pay 15% of contract value

Junior cmdr : Pay 20% of contract value

Bonuses are cash that is given for less or more valid reasons (like in any modern corporation ), and privileges are thing like free ship complement, missiles and general spare parts (system and computer repairs kits, droids, tools), etc.

I also think think that all people should be able to get some sort of insurance, a periodic fee to pay so any member wouldn't go bankrupt after a large battle.

I have a slight question, would the structure of the auxiliary portion of this fleet be similar to the situation of today, if a United States ship is damaged and needs to be towed, a military towboat does it for free, but if a civilian towboat get's it, don't they get like 10% of the value of the vessel?

As per the bc3k manual:

"The fee for a tow is 500.000. If you are located in a hostile region when you made the call an aditional fee will be added" (section 21.5; Requesting a Tow)

But that's we're negotiations are for

A good relationship between Orion fleet and Intercorp member vessels would also help (hint, hint)

[ 09-20-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

Jeffery, I've added the mercenary division to the website and included a rough version of the charter and ranking (cut and paste from the forum, hardly any formatting and no modifications whatsoever).

Feel free to change whatever you deem necessairy.

Your route to glory: Branches -> Operations -> Mercenary -> the pages

Sorry for not answering yesterday but my isp was giving me the s**ts kept refusing to refresh the board.

Anyway the discount rates are just a temporary one and you are right, Riga, we can't have such a high discount rate to the detriment of our fellow members, if you think of something tell me. Meanwhile I think of something up as well, that Business Degree that i have must be good for something

Yes, my email is still current is just that the isp was under repair yesterday.

Thanks for the suggestion Epsilon, it sounds really good, but we'll have to see how to work it into the Corporation economics and the universe economics (which is rather hard as we don't really know how the Supreme Commander intends to set up the economy) Like for example what kind of privileges and bonuses to give.

$iLK, this is not a fleet. The rankings are just a formality to indicate the position of each Director instead of using the words, Directors, managers, supervisors Anyway since we're mercenaries, that means that we're at least semi or partially of the navy.

Damn, I forgot that in CGO there will also be ground and sea based assets, the mercenaries would have to provide services in that area as well. I've got to rework the charter and the hierarchy.

quote:

Originally posted by Outlaw:

This is coming along really well. What r the requirements for me to join?

Be an indie...

Anyway, Welcome, welcome (drums sound on the background). I'm not into the welcome weagon routing yet, but here it goes...

Since you are a mercenary, I would expect you to read the charter and ranks. Start at the bottom and work your way up.

I already had some interesting contacts (nothing concrete, but promising none the less) so being a member would benefit you in the long run.

As a member you would build some kind of trackrecord which your potential clients would use to decide whether to hire you or not. So, whatever you do, be consistent in it.

If you want to join as Vice-Admiral, talk to Admiral Eu (Has a nice sound to it, now doesn't it Jeffery?).

Just contact Jeffery or me if you have any questions.

[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

Let first add to Riga's welcome speech by saying that you're more than welcome to join us Valdemar!!! At the moment there are no requirements as both Riga and myself are still working on this Corporation and it has not bee approved by Tacops.

Regardless of that I welcome you with open arms and would appreciate any contribution you can make to the enable the successful birth of this pioneering Corporation.

Yes, Riga, Admiral Eu sounds really good!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Outlaw:

Ok now that I am the ONE(pun intended), what next for me? What rank do I attain? Once approved, will we get started in BCM mutliplayer? Sorry lotta questions, but very exited that this corporation is soon becoming a reality.

I think that Jeffery is to decide what your rank will be.

As for multiplayer: Yes, as soon as it is possible we would like to get the show on the road. However, a lot of ground still has to be covered (economics, our role in the universe, how about the fleets?, etc, etc). Well, unless the SC has a surprice in store (and he has, just dunno what yet) we have to wait for the multiplayer patch.

Jeffery, excellent charter! Nothing to add or comment.

Only the hierarchy is bugging me a bit. Discounts and all are quite high for the higher brass of the corp. But you acknoledged that allready. Only you say that they are entitled to X% discount "on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;". Being a merc job office, I don't really see what kind of services the chiefs should be able to make use of. Well, yes I do see. The admiral (I'll adress that later) can hire a group of its members and task it with any personal military efforts he desires. While I don't really see anything illegal about that (your choice, but consider the implications of those actions/orders), what's the point of it? Being the chief of a corporation you should not have any enemies (to fear personally). And market competition shouldn't get out of hand like that, then again, what's legal. Ofcourse, the admiral or board of v-admirals can decide that the properties of Guns For Hire, Inc. need to be protected by a squad/group of it's own members. But then it would be totally charged to the company's account, not to the admiral's or other employee/members.

Goods I have no problem with. It's not uncommon in real-life to buy certain goods for reduced price through your employer. Besides, nothing keeps the merc company from having a (modest) 'tool store' as service to it's members. (except if there's an arms-free zone on the station, ofcourse) They'll have to find a way to get the items, and to sell it for more than they got it. But that's their problem. To adress Riga's profit problem: Since there is only one Admiral, (and not extremely many vice-Admirals, but hopefully alot more paying members), the losses that come from the higher-up discounts can be offset by the profits on the lower level side. These discounts don't really have to lead to debts, all depends on the balance of payers and recievers. One could set the net-price for the admirals to the company's buy price of the goods and proportionally scale up the prices for members more to the employee side. No profit margin on the admirals, full load at the bottom of the piramid. But then I suggest you make sure you get really really really cheap buy prices or you won't have many (member) customers.

Admirals: While i believe an indie that wants to start a business is quite free (or perhaps totally free) in setting up his hierarchy, the title "Admiral" or "vice-Admiral" denotes some measure of power over others below him in the hierarchy. While the (vice-)admiral(s) have total jurisdiction when it comes to how to do business, they have no command power whatsoever over the members. I believe the title is ill-chosen. It does have a nice ring to it, but only if you like to have power over others. Which you don't. If they don't like what is demanded from them then that's it. They don't even have to salute. You're just offering a means to get a job for a certain price. The company offers people with a military occupation, but it is not the military. I recognise Jeffery said Admiral-ity was a placeholder for director-ship, it's just that I would think "director" would be in the first line of thought, instead of admiral.

Something Epsilon mentioned: Insurance policies, a very interesting idea. But probably another type of business on itself. I think it's more likely for (any) corporation to organise an insurance policy (at a insurance company if an indie with enough credits likes to start one) for all their employees/members incase they get craft damage or something (if you lose your ship, the only thing you can do is whine, no way you can buy one back AFAIK). There's no way you should need a disability insurance for your AE. Your limbs won't (=can't) be shot off. But perhaps you need extended medical treatment because your AE has been on the verge of death due to an accident or something and needs to recouperate (cost of medpack/vacpacks/loan or nutripacks for medics, yada yada yada). We've got a paramedic caste anyway that should have a healing/resting effect. One could set up a moving space hospital. (if guests are allowed to enter the medibay of the ship) But I'm no medical expert to asses if there's a need in BCM. Perhaps Desylva knows better.

Or another form of insurance is a life-insurance. Say that a merc-company's owner (Mr. Admiral?) wants to do the job himself. He could fill in the forms at a insurance company before he enters the frey so that the insurance company pays a given amount of credits to the merc company (to cover for any possible debts) when it's ends up stearless if the (sole)owner bites the dust. He'd have to pay rediculous fees considering his job, but that's choice. Ofcourse he doesn't have to, only if he feels sorry for those that are left and have to deal with his lack of presence. That would be a good company director.

$ilk's towing fees: Don't forget this is about indies. You don't have to rely on fleets to render you assistance. Neither in real-life are you solely commited to doing business with the U.S Navy. Or whatever country's naval fleet. I suspect there will be a smart commander that chooses a craft with a tractorbeam and set's up a salvage/towing company of some sort. Their prices? Well, that depends all on the demand of his services. He can't be in two places at the same time. And in hostile teritory he'll need to pay for damage insurance fees. IF it pays in that situation.

Ok, enough rant for today. ... besides, I need to vent some plasma.

[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

Outlaw, in case you haven't notice there are only TWO members at the Corporation in the moment, that's Riga and myselves So you're welcome to contribute as much as you want to like for example helping us draw up the charter for the other divisions, adding relevant information to the website, recruit and lure as many indies as possible into the Corporation (Word of caution, which I think you know, don't turn the recruitment into a flame war, ok? I don't think that the Corporation can handle that kind of "bad conduct" at the moment, considering that we aren't even legal yet), and anything else as you see fit. BTW as you can see I haven't really set up myself a "Admiral" for the division as I feel that we're not at the stage whereby ranks are necessary. Wait until our membership count goes up then we'll see about implementing the ranks. Don't worry, any and all efforts on every member's part will be recognised by me and Riga(sorry for speaking on your behalf )

[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

DREADA and Tac this is a belated thanks for offering us a place to set up shop, but I think we should not just limit ourselves to one sector of space, ideally we should look for a neutral space to set up our HQ (if and when we're approved) and set up branches in each naval, civilian sector just like the operations of multinational companies.

The main reason I would like to set up the HQ in neutral space so that all indies will not feel that the Corporation is partial or biased towards a certain Government or Race.

We're a Corporation and we go where the money is

quote:

Being a merc job office, I don't really see what kind of services the chiefs should be able to make use of. Well, yes I do see. The admiral (I'll adress that later) can hire a group of its members and task it with any personal military efforts he desires. While I don't really see anything illegal about that (your choice, but consider the implications of those actions/orders), what's the point of it? Being the chief of a corporation you should not have any enemies (to fear personally). And market competition shouldn't get out of hand like that, then again, what's legal. Ofcourse, the admiral or board of v-admirals can decide that the properties of Guns For Hire, Inc. need to be protected by a squad/group of it's own members. But then it would be totally charged to the company's account, not to the admiral's or other employee/members

Rico, the Corporation wide discounts need not only apply to hiring people to fight. I was thinking that the Director could employ like for example

1) hiring the Explorers to explore a potential enemy's space as recon,

2) hiring the Scientists to analyse data, artifacts, ships and tech in order to incorporate into the Division for a price of course ,

3)purchasing weapons in bulk from the Traders as supplies for a contract (of course we can just commit suicide and allow the game to reload us afresh but I'm thinking of making that option a very expensive one i.e. loss of rank due to the number of deaths, reduction in prestige in the Corporation and so forth)

4) hiring Raiders to raid behind enemy lines to lower the defenses of an intended target or get more supplies and so forth.

So you see the possibilities are endless, if you have the moola and the imagination (I'm actually gearing the Corporation towards CGO and not necessarily BCM multiplayer, which is why I'm having a hard time to cover all the bases as the economy, politics, infrastructure and universe of CGO is still murky)

quote:

Admirals: While i believe an indie that wants to start a business is quite free (or perhaps totally free) in setting up his hierarchy, the title "Admiral" or "vice-Admiral" denotes some measure of power over others below him in the hierarchy. While the (vice-)admiral(s) have total jurisdiction when it comes to how to do business, they have no command power whatsoever over the members. I believe the title is ill-chosen. It does have a nice ring to it, but only if you like to have power over others. Which you don't. If they don't like what is demanded from them then that's it. They don't even have to salute. You're just offering a means to get a job for a certain price. The company offers people with a military occupation, but it is not the military. I recognise Jeffery said Admiral-ity was a placeholder for director-ship, it's just that I would think "director" would be in the first line of thought, instead of admiral.

Now, yes, the ranks are at the moment a place holder, but with the approval of Tacops we might make it permanent even though we're NOT per se a fleet. Now I was initially thinking of using the terms Director but after much thinking I feel that it will make it a bit cumbersome, as I foresee that each division would have it's own Director of Personnel, I can just imagine the titles that will be coming up Director of Personnel, Guns For Hire Inc, Operations Division, Intercorp Unlimited followed by the starship name and where they are based.

So if each Division or subdivision could come up with a different set of naming for their directors than we can cut it short like Personnel Commodore, Intercorp Unlimited as we'll instinctively know that rank Commodore are the only ranks used in the Guns For Hire Inc, Operations Division.

Now about insurance policies, well if the Corporation is wealthy enough we could even set up a personnel insurance policy and a public insurance policy under a separate Division whereby relevant pricing would be established.

As you can see the possibilities of the Corporation is limitless and we won't run risk of legal action and accusations that we're a monopoly unlike Microsoft

Well at the moment we have one Trader and Two mercenaries in the Corporation, I would really like any indies of other castes to join in so that we start organising the separate divisions. I feel that it would not be fair for us to draw up the charters' of the other Divisions as we are understandably more interested to set up our own area of interest.

Rico, I forgot to add one more thing, think of the Divisions and SubDivisions as subsidiaries of Intercorp Unlimited and you will understand the direction I'm heading. Of course the heads of each Division and SubDivisions would be called Directors in the holding Corporation.