Organization

Final post for the night,

I'm thinking to amend the perks of each ranking officer of Guns For Hire Inc as follows:-

Admiral-Total waiver of service fee levied;

20% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Power to reject and appoint officers of the Division with the recommendation of the Board of Vice Admirals;

Power to purchase, obtain and built infrastructure and facilities on behalf of the Division with the Division monies;

Purchases of goods and services from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation on behalf of Guns For Hire Inc. will be given a discount of 30%.

Vice Admiral-50% waiver of service fee levied;

15% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Power to recommend the rejection and appointment of all officers of the Division excluding Vice Admirals;

Power to veto AdmiralÔÇÖs decision to purchasing decisions;

Voting power to appoint Admiral;

Power to purchase, obtain and built infrastructure and facilities on behalf of the Division with the Division monies;

Purchases of goods and services from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation on behalf of Guns For Hire Inc. will be given a discount of 30%.

Commodore-25% waiver of service fees levied;

10% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Specific perks allotted by the Admiral and the Board of Vice Admirals.

Senior Commander-Voting power to appoint Vice-Admirals;

5% waiver of service fee levied;

5% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Not bound by the rules and regulations of the Corporations and the Division when outside the holdings and facilities of the Corporation, its Divisions and/or Subdivisions.

Commander-Voting power to appoint Vice Admirals;

5% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Not bound by the rules and regulations of the Corporations and the Division when outside the holdings and facilities of the Corporation, its Divisions and/or Subdivisions.

Junior Commander-1% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and subdivisions of the Corporation;

Right I'm going off to bed now, thanks Epsilon for the ideas.

[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, and thank you for joining us, it will be a privilege to work with you. As I've stated in my post to Outlaw, you're welcomed to help out in organising, structuring and establishing this Corporation, and any and all efforts on anyone's part will be sincerely appreciated

I feel that it is necessary to clarify some matters before we move any further.

Intercorp Unlimited is the holding company where a Board of Directors will meet to discuss and brain storm new ways of expanding the group (call it a strategy meeting and partial brain storming group) These Directors will comprise of the Heads of each SubDivision.

The Corporation will levy a 4% fees on each SubDivision quarterly or bi-annually (this is still not settled yet and the 4% seems a bit too little)

Any holding, asset or infrastructure bought in the name of the Corporation can be used as a staging area by any member of the Corporation for a nominal service fee (To be decided later)

Divisions are as listed in my earlier post.

Subdivisions are basically the nuts and bolts of the Corporation. This where we generate income for the Corporation. Each subdivision would have it's own hierarchy of organisation. Only castes of a specific subdivision can stage and launch from any holdings, assets and infrastucture belonging to a specific subdivision. Of course any other member caste can choose to launch from another division's bases but they must pay a service fee. (To be decided later)

Now there is a reason for charging service fee for launching from different subdivision or Corporation bases.

For example Guns For Hire Inc. has a orbital base around Jupiter but a mercenary member needs to fulfill a contract on a planet in Epsilon Eridani, so he could

1) take the time to fly through all the space between Jupiter and Epsilon Eridani running through a gauntlet of hostiles and risking death, damage and losses and thereby being unable to fulfill a contract especially if the contract is to meet a specific dateline, or

2) he could decide to launch from a Commodities Inc. base which is just one jump away from Epsilon Eridani.

However it is unfair to Commodities Inc. for him just to launch from their base without any fees as they have committed time and resources in setting up a base near Epsilon Eridani, while the mercenaries decide to set up on Jupiter, Sol.

So anyone should be able to see where I'm heading with this.

I have 2 things to say

1 - Jeffery, could you remove the pack of stars you have at the start of your sig?

2 - A raider division doesn't sound right at all. You seem to forget that raiders are enemies to EVERYONE but other raiders. Raiders are the scum of the galaxy, attacking armed and unarmed castes for no reason but personal gain and destruction. Your raiders will have a good time shooting your trading vessels and decimating merc task-forces.

[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

Epsilon, pack of stars removed

quote:

2 - A raider division doesn't sound right at all. You seem to forget that raiders are enemies to EVERYONE but other raiders. Raiders are the scum of the galaxy, attacking armed and unarmed castes for no reason but personal gain and destruction. Your raiders will have a good time shooting your trading vessels and decimating merc task-forces

It depends on your definition of raiders, initially I thought the same as you did but after thinking it over carefully, especially reflecting on the European history of forming privateering companies during the 1800's - 1900's, I saw that incorporating raiders into the Corporation will be beneficial to the Corporation in terms of profit, manpower and new services available.

Anyway, it really depends on the player himself, he could of course play a solo game, or he could organise his own guild or he could join us with all the benefits and privileges available not to mention the connections and resources available.

Guys, good work, keep it going!

One exception though -- the ranks you currently are suggesting are no good. They indicate a military organization, which is precisely what we need to avoid.

Rename them to something a little more, civilian, if you will.

Other than that, a lot of good thoughts!!!

Alright, since there has been a call for the change in the names of the ranks to a more civilian one, I came up with this

Admiral -----> Zeus

Vice Admiral -----> Ares

Commodore -----> Boreas

Senior Commander ----> Zephir

Commander -----> Notus

Junior Commander -----> Eurus

There should be no more complains from now on

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

Alright, since there has been a call for the change in the names of the ranks to a more civilian one, I came up with this

Admiral -----> Zeus

Vice Admiral -----> Ares

Commodore -----> Boreas

Senior Commander ----> Zephir

Commander -----> Notus

Junior Commander -----> Eurus

There should be no more complains from now on

LOL! Good enough.

update of ranks

Admiral----> Legatus

Vice Admiral-----> Praefactus

Commodore----> Tribunus

Senior Commander----> Centurio

Commander----> Centuriae

Junior Commander----> Discens

quote:

okay, now that
someone
is happy with the ranks of Guns For Hire Inc., I would appreciate any other comments on the Charter before I put it up on the Intercorp Website and submitting it to Tacops.

Just wait a bit before you send it to tacops, at least until bcm goes gold. I've had the intercorp charter returned with a note to resend it after it goes gold. Yours probably would end up with the same note

My comments (if any) are to follow later.

BTW: did you receive my email?

quote:

Yes, I got your email three times.

Hey, in fact I wasn't planning to send anything to tacops until the game is delivered to me as I'm understandably eagerly awaiting for BCM. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it

LOL, I'll have a look at our mailserver first thing tomorrow

Anyway, sorry for being so unresponsive, but I have the greatest difficulties reaching the 3000ad forum from home. Often I get timeouts (about 8 out of 10 pages).

Yesterday I tried to respond about 5 times, but only 2 actually were send to the forum, the others timed out.

However, from the office the problem does not exist.

At home do you use the same ISP as what they use in your office?

Anyway don't worry about it, we all understand that the Net is not all that it's touted to be, in fact I get the same problem as you do.

Anyway what do you think about the new rank names I have proposed?

Well as you can see from the posts Jigoku and Outlaw are willing to join up, hooray Here's to hoping that they can help us make this Corporation a reality.

quote:

At home do you use the same ISP as what they use in your office?

Different ISP's. office has direct T1 to the university backbone, at home I've got a modem connection.

quote:

Anyway what do you think about the new rank names I have proposed?

Hail Ceasar! They have a nice sound to it.

Just that I think the former 'Admiral' rank should be called ... Ceasar

quote:

Well as you can see from the posts Jigoku and Outlaw are willing to join up, hooray Here's to hoping that they can help us make this Corporation a reality.

I think it is great. Dunno about Malleus, but if he joins as well, then there are 5 of us, not bad for a month's work...

I hope that they want to contribute in structuring the corporation, but if they just want to be members than that's ok with me as well.

BTW: You're on icq?

Rico, just to let you know that I've updated these trading pages, you might want to have a look at it. Comments are apreciated

quick start

EDIT: Plainly forgot about Nova (sorry, sorry, sorry). Please have a look at it. No screenshots or anything yet, but you get the idea of what I ment.

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

quote:

Riga posted on 09-23-2001

Different ISP's. office has direct T1 to the university backbone, at home I've got a modem connection.

Well, there's your answer!!!

quote:

Riga posted in 09-23-2001

Hail Ceasar! They have a nice sound to it.

Just that I think the former 'Admiral' rank should be called ... Ceasar

Nah!! I think I want to keep the ranks to somewhat military lines as the mercs are of a somewhat militarislistic nature.

quote:

Tac posted on 09-23-2001

Ever thought of using the MEDICI or the HANSA ranks? Its more bussiness-related

Haven't had the time to look it up yet So we'll see.

quote:

I think it is great. Dunno about Malleus, but if he joins as well, then there are 5 of us, not bad for a month's work...

I hope that they want to contribute in structuring the corporation, but if they just want to be members than that's ok with me as well.

I hope Malleus joins up as well, and I hoping that they will contribute as well.

Not necessarily to the structuring, as there are many things to do as well, like for example RECRUITING

quote:

BTW: You're on icq?

Nope, why?

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

Hi Jeffery,

The problems with my modem only started a few days ago. Today it seems back to the normal level.

About Ceasar; was just kidding

Let's see what our newest members want first, but recruitment would be a nice job. They might also help out in the HR division.

As far as the icq is concerned; it's easier to discuss things using icq, more interactive than mail or the forum.

Don't let certain posts in another forum keep you out of your sleep

Tac: You're not forgotten, its just that I'm a bit busy at the moment. You'll probably hear from me in about a week.