Organization

quote:

Originally posted by Rico Jansen:

I don't know how far your negotiations with Wraith and Orion are comming along, but I have been assigned as Primefleet contactperson towards commercial indie organisations. Meaning that if you are interested, we can initiate exploratory talks about acces to Prime's stations and/or usage of our public communication channels (www.primefleet.com). If Intercorp is interrested, open commlink channel to [email protected].

Heh, he seem to become a Commodity for the fleets

Before we can start any serious talk I first want to see some concrete conclusions in the Economics 101 thread. Based on that negotiatoins can begin with Orion, Wraith and Prime (no no particular order )

I will start that shortly. Got a bit preoccupied with the RP.

Anyway, we're interested!

quote:

BTW, you would think Intercorp has a email adress public for interested clients. But I have yet to find it on the homepage. (nudge, nudge)[/QB]

I'm working on that. meanwhile you can post to the address in the Battlecruiser Webring box at the bottom (where is says owned by Riga.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would a diplomat work within Intercorp? Would they work?

Would the diplomats be involved in internal issues, such as negotiations with the individual branches and divisions?

Also would they be diplomats for Intercorp as an organisation or for whoever wants to hire them? Maybe both?

quote:

Originally posted by TRD:

Would the diplomats be involved in internal issues, such as negotiations with the individual branches and divisions?

Also would they be diplomats for Intercorp as an organisation or for whoever wants to hire them? Maybe both?

First a short explanation of Intercorp:

Intercorp exists of a number of divisions that all have a director. These directors form the Board of Directors. All strategic decisions are dealt with there. As a director you would be part of it but I do not think you would take on the role of diplomat there. You would probably looking after the interests of intercorp and those of you division in particular.

There is a need for diplomats on the member level though. We've got mercs, assassins and traders as member so there are bound to be problems to resolve between them (especially between members of different castes). Currently we have 3 divisions. Trader (Commodity Inc.), merc (Guns for Hire Inc.) and a still to be reveiled one (Branch B, D Division).

In other words, enough there for a diplomat to make himself useful.

About being hired by intercorp or others? I think both. Also see my reply in the 'Just checking' thread.

So I need think of a name and structure of the division.

Can you give me links or PM your charters for examples of how youve set up.

Who are the directors at the moment, is it just you and Jeffrey Eu at the moment? and how many members are there?

Commodity at dictionary.com : #1 ... couldn't have said it better myself. Left handed. Though, not that I'm much of a baseball player.

quote:

Before we can start any serious talk I first want to see some concrete conclusions in the Economics 101 thread. Based on that negotiatoins can begin with Orion, Wraith and Prime (no no particular order )

I will start that shortly. Got a bit preoccupied with the RP.

Sure, just so long you know there's plenty of room on the stations we hold. And most of them well behind friendly lines.

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

Ok so I was thinking of some points for a charter and a diplomats role in InterCorp.

Since Diplomacy falls under the Liason branch, does that mean a diplomat is also a person who is sent out to begin negotiations of all kinds involving what Intercorp has to offer or would it be restricted to solving disputes.

For example if the board of directors wanted to open negotiations for the use of space on a Galcom owned station, would a diplomat be sent first or some other division?

In other words would a diplomat be a simple peacekeeper or a part time pimp

I would of thought that the diplomats would be involved in at least the early stages of most deals that were proposed by InterCorp or an external contractor.

Sorry about so many questions, im just trying to get a better idea of how others envisage this group.

quote:

TRD posted on 10-13-2001

The answer is they're for hire no matter if they're just members or if they are officers of the Division or the Director of the Division. Remember, you're working for money as a UCV and as Intercorp is most definitely not a fleet whereby their members do a service for wages, we UCV's only get a startup capital, so we're definitely in for the cash.

As it was suggested earlier on this thread, of which I totally agree, if Intercorp needs your services as a diplomat in any issues whether internally or externally, Intercorp has to pay you.

quote:

Rico posted on 10-13-2001

Sure, just so long you know there's plenty of room on the stations we hold. And most of them well behind friendly lines.

We know Friendly lines, not too sure, depends on the contract and also who you're inviting to set up office the entire Intercorp Divisions or just the Commodities Division.

A trader may be hired to do a blockade run for your enemies you know

quote:

TRD posted on 10-13-2001

Since Diplomacy falls under the Liason branch, does that mean a diplomat is also a person who is sent out to begin negotiations of all kinds involving what Intercorp has to offer or would it be restricted to solving disputes.

For example if the board of directors wanted to open negotiations for the use of space on a Galcom owned station, would a diplomat be sent first or some other division?

In other words would a diplomat be a simple peacekeeper or a part time pimp

I would of thought that the diplomats would be involved in at least the early stages of most deals that were proposed by InterCorp or an external contractor.

Sorry about so many questions, im just trying to get a better idea of how others envisage this group.

At the moment, we're not too sure about the role of a Diplomat, and the Liaison Branch is just my idea to group general professions together to keep the Divisions on a manageable level. It doesn't really mean anything, unless you want it to So it would really be up to you to define your role in the BC universe.

To pimp or not to pimp, that's the question

But I would think that a Diplomat's role is definitely not a peacekeeper, as you will be hired by a different fleet or government at any one time. Furthermore, a peacekeeper in the BC universe must rely not only on words but how big a stick you have, which if I'm not wrong, you don't have one as a Diplomat's asset doesn't include a military starship.

I foresee that you might be hired by Intercorp to approach governments to enable Intercorp to set up office and bases of operations, negotiations for rights, and so forth. Fleets and governments might hire you to negotiate terms of surrender, to convey a declaration of war, negotiate a peace treaty, alliance and so forth. But really, as there's not limit to what you can do, it's all really up to you and your imagination.

But don't worry you're on the right track. does this mean that you're joining Intercorp?

Have Riga sent you anything on Intercorp yet?

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

Guys! Don't just offer every new comming newby a director seat. Don't you think they should need to know a bit about the universe before they have a considerable influence on it? Look at the fleets, we're not popping every new member in the fleet staff. Those that are in are long standing members. I just like were I'm at. (at the moment) And think that we needed people at the bottom too.

quote:

Originally posted by Rico Jansen:

Guys! Don't just offer every new comming newby a director seat. Don't you think they should need to know a bit about the universe before they have a considerable influence on it? Look at the fleets, we're not popping every new member in the fleet staff. Those that are in are long standing members. I just like were I'm at. (at the moment) And think that we needed people at the bottom too.

I know about BC Universe(well as far as BC3K goes), Ive been using this site since the V1 patches were out, I still dont own a V2.0 CD.

Ive been registred here for 2 years, Ive just never thought about the game from a diplomats angle, hence all the questions.

I havent posted because until last week I didnt have a regular internet connection and my system was a P200 so I didnt think I was ever gonna be able to play BCM.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

But I would think that a Diplomat's role is definitely not a peacekeeper, as you will be hired by a different fleet or government at any one time. Furthermore, a peacekeeper in the BC universe must rely not only on words but how big a stick you have, which if I'm not wrong, you don't have one as a Diplomat's asset doesn't include a military starship.

Diplomats can have armed transports. Very small stick.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

But don't worry you're on the right track. does this mean that you're joining Intercorp?

Have Riga sent you anything on Intercorp yet?

I guess I am joining, Ive already started thinking of ppoints for the diplomats charter.

I think I asked before for a link or PM of the charters(and anything else not on the site) that have already been written up.

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: TRD ]

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: TRD ]

As promised here's H.R. Divisions charter

Neophyte Inc.

The H.R. Division for Intercorp Unlimited

1. That Neophyte Inc. is set up to merely to provide introduction and refresher courses for all Intercorp members;

2. That Neophyte Inc. is a non-profit division as all its members are involved on a voluntary basis;

3. That Neophyte Inc. is excluded from the 4% levy from Intercorp Unlimited and will not set any levy on any participants due to its non-profit role;

4. That all members in Neophyte Inc. must already been registered with Intercorp Unlimited vide the their respective Divisions and/or Sub-Divisions;

5. That all rules and regulations set up by Neophyte Inc., Intercorp Unlimited, its Divisions and Sub-Divisions will strictly adhered to, by all members as long as the said member are on or in any bases, assets or facilities belonging to Neophyte Inc., Intercorp Unlimited, its Divisions and Sub-Divisions respectively;

6. That the members of Neophyte Inc. will be separated into two designations, Master and Scholar;

7. That the designations have no significance outside of Neophyte Inc. and are only indicative of the roles of each member;

8. That as Neophyte Inc.ÔÇÖs membership is on a voluntary basis, all designations are temporary and will not supersede the memberÔÇÖs respective ranks in their respective Divisions;

9. That Neophyte Inc.ÔÇÖs Master members will nominate a Master as the representative of the Neophyte Inc. on the Board of Directors of Intercorp Unlimited;

10. That Neophyte Inc.ÔÇÖs Master members may propose any programs or courses that they think fit, with the provision that the program will cater to all members and has a educational benefit;

11. That all programs set up by Neophyte Inc. will be funded directly from the Intercorp Unlimited treasury and therefore will be subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of Intercorp.

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

If I where to join Intercorp, would it be possible for me to work as please? What is policy for leave of absence? Would I have to put so much time into Intercorp?

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

If I where to join Intercorp, would it be possible for me to work as please? What is policy for leave of absence? Would I have to put so much time into Intercorp?

You can work as you please.

"The members have no obligation and are not bound to rules or orders."

Thats from the Intercorp charter the rest of it is here.

quote:

No, you're not required to do anything. You're an indie and decide on your own fate. If you like to trade with Insurgents, Gammulans or even Raiders (if they'd let you ) then that is up to you.

If you become a member then there are rules to abide, BUT these rules only apply as long as you are on one of the intercorp bases. Outside the base perimiter you can do pretty much as you please.

If you decide to stay away for a couple of weeks, then that's ok. For me it's just that I do not have to worry about your well-being

No obligation to trade for intercorp as well. However, if and when you do decide to get an 'intercorp' contract then you are expected to carry it out by the rules. If you do not, then the penalty is exclusion from Intercorp (or we pay some mercs to dispose of you )

Intercorp is an organisation/place that creates opportunaties for associated members and let members get together safely and with a few advantages such as, but not limited to, discounts. Nothing more, nothing less (at least until GCO or BCM multiplayer comes out...)

And like TRD already stated, read the charter, it's all there

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

quote:

Posted by TRD:

---------------------

----------------------

You can work as you please.

Duh! Isn't that what being an Indie is all about? Doing it your way? And in calling it an Indie, doesn't that stand for Independent?

Ahh.... I miss the old Indie days..... At least Orion Fleet's cool. Anyway, I'll remind you, Orion's gonna be here to back you up, if you ever need it. (You're probably gonna be running a couple of our supply routes anyway, so that's what we're after, strategically.....)

---

Hmm... You guys seem to be working with GalCom more. (I haven't heard of anyone who's gonna liaison between Intercorp and the Insurgency.) I smell some bunny trouble ahead.

Dear Intercorp:

I have read over the charter and so forth. So far, what I have seen is something fresh that will go very far... Therefore, I would like to join as a Trader and learn the many ways of the commerce. I look forward to helping out any way possible... May the stars bring prosperity and wealth...

Kenada Virgo

quote:

Dear Intercorp:

I have read over the charter and so forth. So far, what I have seen is something fresh that will go very far... Therefore, I would like to join as a Trader and learn the many ways of the commerce. I look forward to helping out any way possible... May the stars bring prosperity and wealth...

Kenada Virgo

Welcome (again) to our little enterprise.

Sorry for the very short welcome, but my RL demands are such that I can only welcome you properly somewhere on friday

Again, glad to have you aboard and may all the wealth and prosperity be under our control shortly

It's good to see that Capitalism survived all the way into the year 3000.

[sARCASM]What do you think of that Menchise! Huh? Ya Commie! [/sARCASM]

Just kidding Menchise.

Overall guys I think Intercorps is shaping up to be something BIG... Wish I could build up the courage to read through all 7 pages of this...

Maybe I'll find time when I get out of classes.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Overall guys I think Intercorps is shaping up to be something BIG... Wish I could build up the courage to read through all 7 pages of this...

[sARCASM MODE ON]

That's why we have a website

[sARCASM MODE OFF]

(evil grin)

quote:

Kenada posted on 10-24-2001

Dear Intercorp:

Heya Kenada, sorry for the lack of response as I'm pretty bogged down with work in RL.

Anyway welcome to Intercorp Unlimited. I know that Riga is estactic that there's another Trader member(that will make it 2 of you) as most of the interested commanders have been mercs or of other castes.

If you're interested in helping out. kindly contact Riga via email. If not, don't worry about it and stick around for latest developments.

quote:

Rico posted on 10-25-2001

Huh? The smell of rotting fish versus the smell of a thermometer (in either Fahrenheit or Centrigrade scale). You got me at a loss here, Fendi.

ROFL, Fendi meant the cologne or aftershaves Rico, not the thermometer. Where in the boonies are you staying any way?

quote:

$iLk posted on 10-25-2001

huh, why not jump to our web site instead?

Hey Outlaw are you still interested in joining Intercorp?