Organization

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

Is there anything I can do to help out with Intercorp? (If BCM gets delayed one more time, im going postal! Not in till Nov. 6 now)

Sure you can

The trader economics need to be figured out (see the website). We could use a nice logo for intercorp. We already have 2, but more are always welcomed.

The website could do with an update. if you're interested in that, contact me since I'm already working on the second incarnation of that website

Furthermore... Anything that could be usefull, just post it here for discussion (that is what we do...)

Just leave me a message if you have any questions.

Just make sure you are not doing something that someone else is doing as well.

Would be a shame if two persons are doing the same job.

quote:

ROFL, Fendi meant the cologne or aftershaves Rico, not the thermometer. Where in the boonies are you staying any way?

Netherlands, if that's what boonies are. Just like Riga. Haven't been to the forum for a while since my school was closed due to fall reces and exams this week.

This is the charter for the Commercial Sub-Division of Intercorp which is the copyright of Guybert.

El Dorado Inc. (herein referred to as "ED")

Commercial Sub-Division,

Service Division,

Intercorp Unlimited

BEGIN CHARTER

ED assists members in the exchange of goods and services for financial gain, provides support for negotiations concerning price and fulfillment on behalf of its members.

Due to the independent nature of the parties involved ED does not resolve disputes and does not pass judgment over events outside of its base. Once a settlement is reached, ED and all parties leave the base, then the division is no longer responsible for any actions performed by either party. Disputes are to be settled by the parties involved themselves or by other, higher, authorities if these can be found.

ED's base provides a safe haven for those that are present, thus enabling parties engaged in commerce to conduct business in a safe environment. Any misconducting person will be expelled by force. The sphere of influence of ED only encompasses the base itself.

All members of ED, are only bound by the divisions rules and rulings as long as they are at one of the corporation bases. The Director is always bound to the rules of the division and the rulings of the corporation. Unlike members, the Director can be judged by the Board of Directors for his actions off base.

ED is an equal opportunity organization. Promotion within and assistance from the organization will not be hindered by reason of caste, physical attributes, whether they prefer green corduroy over faded LeviÔÇÖs or any other preference. Provided said member conforms to the DivisionÔÇÖs rules.

ED requires a commission of 4% of the involved the transaction, with a minimum of 50.000, for every deal that is closed within the support of the division. The penalty for noncompliance is to be expelled from ED. The fee is to be paid within 2 weeks. Members are acquitted from this free if a party that is introduced by ED does not keep its end of the bargain (of which the member must provide proof).

Any earnings made by the Division are to be invested in the DivisionÔÇÖs infrastructure and/or operations. At least 75% of the earnings must be spent in direct support of its members.

END CHARTER

And this is the proposed hierarchy

BEGIN HIERARCHY

Director

Responsibilities Has a seat in the Corporation's Board of Directors;

Running of daily operations at the DivisionÔÇÖs base of operations;

Approval of business and revenue targets;

Approval of new proposals for offered services;

Inter-division contacts/activities;

Approving a member to the next level (e.g. an Associate to VP level).

Benefits 20% of revenue (after expenditure) for involvement in any group transactions;

Total waiver of service fee levied on individual transactions;

20% discount on all goods and services purchased from all Divisions and sub-Divisions of the Corporation.

Chief Operating Officer

Responsibilities Assistant to the Director. Aids in daily operations and inter-division relations and activities;

Replaces the Director when not present for longer periods of time;

Approval of business and revenue targets;

Approval of new proposals for offered services;

Inter-division contacts/activities;

Approving a member to the next level.

Benefits 15% of revenue (after expenditure) for involvement in any group transactions;

50% waiver of service fee levied on individual transactions;

15% discount on all goods and services purchased from all Divisions and sub-Divisions of the Corporation.

Senior Vice President A member that has earned the division at least 6,400,000.00 credits as well as having designed and created 2 new services, which can be offered by ED.

Responsibilities Setting and implementing new business and revenue targets;

Oversee VPÔÇÖs to ensure new business and revenue targets. are being met.

Benefits 12% of revenue (after expenditure) for involvement in any group transactions;

25% waiver of service fee levied on individual transactions;

10% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and sub-divisions of the Corporation.

Vice President A member that successfully earned the division at least 1,600,000.00 credits.

Responsibilities Work with and oversee Associates to actively seek and bring in new business for the services offered by ED.

Benefits 10% of revenue (after expenditure) for involvement in any group transactions.

5% waiver of service fee levied on individual transactions;

5% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and sub-divisions of the Corporation

Associate A member that successfully completes several trading runs and earned the division at least 400,000.00 credits.

Responsibilities Act as mentors to Junior Associates and encourage full use of the CorporationÔÇÖs resources/support.

Benefits 8% of revenue (after expenditure) for involvement in any group transactions;

Bonus equivalent to 8% of net revenue for significant contribution towards creation and implementation of new service;

5% discount on all goods and services purchased from all Divisions and sub-Divisions of the Corporation.

Junior Associate A member that just applied for membership and has recently been reassigned from the HR division to the Commercial division.

Responsibilities Work with assigned team members.

Benefits 5% of revenue (after expenditure) for involvement in any group transactions;

Bonus equivalent to 5% of net revenue for significant contribution towards creation and implementation of new service;

1% discount on all goods and services purchased from all divisions and sub-divisions of the Corporation

Any revenue left over after payment of group level portions as outlined above will be divided equally between all participating members of that group.

If there is insufficient revenue to meet the above payment schedule, all hierarchal level percentage portions will be multiplied by a factor of 0.8 until reduced sufficiently to meet payment to all participating group members. Any amount left over after payment of the modified group level portions will be divided equally between all participating members of that group.

While ED acknowledges the absolute right of all members to remain independent, this structure is designed to encourage all members to work together, with the aim of maximizing the potential for earning revenue as resources (intellectual and financial) can be pooled and utilized in the most efficient manner.

END HIERARCHY

Any comments or suggestions or criticism are welcomed.

This is the charter for Consignee Inc. the Diplomat Division of Intercorp Unlimited which is the copyright of TRD

Consignee Inc.

Diplomat Sub-Division,

Liaisons Division,

Intercorp Unlimited

BEGIN CHARTER

Consignee Inc. provides a service to all members of the Corporation who are of the diplomatic caste.

Consignee Inc. acts as a point of contact for all of its members. Any diplomat will be able to use Consignee as a place to easily seek employment and for potential clients to seek qualified diplomats as employees on a contract basis.

Consignee Inc. holds no responsibility for any contracts agreed between diplomat and employer, any failure to complete the contract on the end of the diplomat is solely their responsibility. Consignee will however provide assistance in legal proceedings that a member wishes to take as a result of the employer failing to uphold their side of the agreement.

Facilities of Consignee are available for use by all members of the Division as a safe environment in which they can conduct their business. Due to the neutral nature of Consignee, it is ideal for the staging of negotiations without fear of potential harmful involvement from outside sources.

Members of the Division are bound by all rules and regulations of Corporation and Consignee while they remain on any facility under the control of the Corporation or Division. Failure to abide by these rules will result in an appropriate penalty.

Though members are bound by the rules of the Corporation and the Division while stationed at one of its bases, the Director of Consignee is bound by rules of the Division and the Corporation at all times and must uphold them. Failure to do so will result in being called before the Board of Directors for appropriate punishment.

Consignee Inc requires that a charge of 4% commission will be paid to the division as a result of all transactions made by its members and their employees. This payment only applies to contracts that are arranged through the assistance of Consignee, and not any independent contracts made outside the division.

Members are required to make payments to the division within two weeks of the conclusion of each contract. Non-compliance with this rule will result in the immediate expulsion from Consignee Inc.

Any earnings made by the division (after commission to the Corporation) are to be invested into improvements to Consignee Inc.

END CHARTER

And this is the proposed hierarchy of Consignee Inc.

BEGIN HIERARCHY

Director Holds a seat on the Corporation Board of Directors;

Responsibilities are the running of the divisions operations, rules, regulations, and inter division relationships. Has final say on all division affairs;

Is exempt from service fee;

20% discount on all products and services from the Corporation;

30% discount on all products and services purchased on behalf of Consignee Inc from the Corporation.

Ambassador Chosen by the Director from the Envoy level diplomats;

Holds seat on DivisionÔÇÖs advisory board;

Responsibilities include assisting in the running of division operations, rules and regulations;

50% discount on service fee;

Envoy Experienced diplomat of charge d'affaires level who has successfully completed 4 missions of at least level 3 difficulty;

Responsibilities include assisting junior members.

Charge d'affaires Diplomat of Consul level that has completed 10 missions of at least level 2 difficulty;

Responsibilities include assisting new members.

Consul Attach├® who has completed 10 missions of level 1 difficulty;

Attach├® Entry level to the division. Non-members will automatically be assigned this level if seeking work through Consignee Inc.

Members may only receive promotion in experience rank with the agreement of an Ambassador or the Director. An Ambassador can recommend to the advisory board, the promotion of an individual even if the normal criteria has not been met, however this is rare and only occurs as a result of agreement from the other AmbassadorÔÇÖs and Director.

END HIERARCHY

Again we welcome all comments.

The membership of Intercorp is todate is as

follows:-

Forum Handle - CmdrÔÇÖs Name - Caste - Title - Division

Cmdr Jeffery Eu - Jeffery Eu - Mercenary - Legatus - Guns For Hire Inc.

Riga - Riga Gerdis - Trader - Director - Commodity Inc.

Undisclosed - Undisclosed - Undisclosed - Director - Undisclosed

TRD - TRD - Diplomat - Director - Consignee Inc.

Malleus Malefictorum - Malleus Malefictorum - Mercenary - Member - Guns For Hire Inc.

Jigoku San - Jigoku San - Mercenary - Member - Guns For Hire Inc.

Outlaw - Valdemar - Mercenary - Member - Guns For Hire Inc.

Kenada - Kenada Virgo - Trader - Member - Commodity Inc.

Guybert - Guybert - Commercial - Director - El Dorado Inc.

Yes, Intercorp is building up fast

All interested indies, please post here or alternatively mail me or Riga

Okay people, about my difficulty levels. They were really just a working idea.

I used the difficulty levels from Riga's payment page on the Intercorp site (1=cakewalk to 4=deadly) Im not too sure how difficulty, in terms of diplomatic missions, could be defined.

Missions like arangement for the transfer of personnel(criminals, prisoners of war etc) would probably fall under level 1.

Whereas missions like negotiating the cease of hostility between Vesperons and Empirians or Galcom and Insurgents etc. would fall under level 4.

Im just not sure how to define them and the intermediate levels. Any ideas? Maybe a different method of judging experience?

Also, do you think 10 missions per experience level is too much?

quote:

Originally posted by TRD:

Okay people, about my difficulty levels. They were really just a working idea.

I used the difficulty levels from Riga's payment page on the Intercorp site (1=cakewalk to 4=deadly) Im not too sure how difficulty, in terms of diplomatic missions, could be defined.

Missions like arangement for the transfer of personnel(criminals, prisoners of war etc) would probably fall under level 1.

Whereas missions like negotiating the cease of hostility between Vesperons and Empirians or Galcom and Insurgents etc. would fall under level 4.

Im just not sure how to define them and the intermediate levels. Any ideas? Maybe a different method of judging experience?

Also, do you think 10 missions per experience level is too much?

Given the discussion in the

expectations thread you'd probably have your hands full with diplomatic missions to the fleets (e.g. bailing out traders cought trading for the wrong fleet )

The difficulty level would probably be something that is decided when the contract is signed. You already defined the delimiters (level 1 & 4).

Most of the contracts would be in the line of what is discussed in the other thread and those would be in the level 2 & 3 range (IMHO).

Another way to determine the experience level? I used: how much money did they earn for intercorp in the past as a guideline for that.

10 missions? Might be a bit much between level 1 and 2. Could be ok for advanced levels though.

just my 2ct.

• 2 weeks later...

Shadow Inc.

The Assassin Division for Intercorp Unlimited

1. That the members of Shadow Inc. will be separated into four designations, Grandmasters, Masters, Executioner and Apperentices;

2. That all members shall obey the orders unconditionally of their senior in Shadow Inc.;

3. That prior to all assignments undertaken by Apperentice members of Shadow Inc.,members must request permission from a senior member;

4. That an Apperentice member shall be promoted into a Executioner member after the completion of 20 paid missions and the approval of a Master member;

5. That an Executioner member shall only be promoted into a Master by the permision of a Grandmaster;

6. That an Apperentice member shall pay his/her Master 50% of his/her profits;

7. That an Executioner shall pay his/her Master 10% of his/her profits;

8. That a Master member shall pay the Grandmasters 10% of his/her profits;

9. That any unauthorized Assassins/assassinations will be dealt with in a harsh manner;

10. That members of Shadow Inc. must obey the commands of the directors of Intercorp;

11. That assassinations of any members within Intercorp are strictly forbidden and will result in expulsion and ultimately execution;

12. That members of Shadow Inc. must receive a retainer deposit of at least 30% of the contracted amount before undertaking an assignment;

quote:

9. That any unauthorized Assassins/assassinations will be dealt with in a harsh manner;

I shouldn't be surprised, but you're going to deal with competition by assassinating them? You'll have your hands full, as all of the newbies avoid joining to escape the 50% tithe...

But it makes my job easier, since I know who's responsible for any assassination, don't I? I may not know your names, but I know where your stations are...

Guest Shingen

Not to burst any bubble or p*ss on anyone's Post Toasties, but I have a few comments here..

quote:

2. That all members shall obey the orders unconditionally of their senior in Shadow Inc.;

Unconditonally sounds more like a dictatorship then an organization... why would I want to forsake my own INDEPENDENT status to follow someone UNCONDITIONALLY? Come on man.. get real.

quote:

3. That prior to all assignments undertaken by Apperentice members of Shadow Inc.,members must request permission from a senior member;

See above...

quote:

6. That an Apperentice member shall pay his/her Master 50% of his/her profits;

What the hell is THAT all about? I'd have to give away 50% of my income JUST TO BE PART OF YOUR CORPORATION?! I think NOT! Also, it kinda destroys any incentive to JOIN, doesn't it?

quote:

Again I ask you, What's the point of BEING independent if I have to ask someone else which jobs I can or can't take?! If I wanted to lose that much control over my own actions, then I'd just join a fleet and have them micro-manage me...

I think a better use of a corporation would be akin to an employment service, where the corporation would go out and FIND the jobs, keep a working list of availialbe mercs, then contract those jobs out for a percentage of the profits. That way indies DON'T lose their independence, (they can take whatever jobs they want), and the corp makes a profit through the indies.

The corp could offer incentives to JOIN by offering several services like mutual protection, insurance of assests ( for a price), and a reliable job stream.

I FAIL to see any benefit of relingushiing by independence just so I can join your corp, when I can just go get my own jobs, and create my own alliances.

You guys are on the right track, but you're are waaaaay to domineering for THIS indie!

Shingen's back!!! And what's this? He's talkin indie? But this is a corporation!

(Begin long speech....)

Until now, Indies and UCVs were pretty much the same thing. But now, the true separation of Indie from UCV in general seems to have started. (Indie meaning Independent, and UCV meaning anything that isn't designated as Galcom/Earthcom/Insurgent.)

Intercorp is a semi-civilian corporation. It's not Indie (because it's an actual group/corporation), but it's not part of any existing (Galcom/Earthcom/Insurgent) organization. Anyone who wants in the corporation can do so. Anyone who doesn't, it's their choice. I mean, what do Assassins and Commercial/Trader caste people have in common in the first place? Other than the fact that they're UCV.

Intercorp is for the UCV, overall. It looks like Shingen is looking for the Independent life.

I think I'm gonna quit calling UCVs in general indies anymore. Intercorp's footing is beginning to show how diverse this is. In fact, the Gammulan Fleet is still classed as UCV right now, still. Are they indie? So in the end, Indies are a part of the diverse UCV group. There are still those corporations, guilds, whatever out there, that aren't indies; they're like one big group, that supports itself like a fleet.

(The speech sorta ends here...)

Look at Intercorp as a job-finding service. Clients go to Intercorp with a job proposal, Intercorp finds someone to do the job, and there you go. Intercorp gives it's workers discounts to allied stations, gives them backup and relief, and so on. It's completely optional, so no one has to join, and you can quit anytime (if you're not currently fulfilling a job), but you lose your perks this way.

Shingen you've missed far too much of this to be arguing. If no one invited you to join Intercorp, and you don't want to, then go away. Complaining is like going to a job interview, and telling them how much you don't want the job.

Good to see you back, Shingen. Prepare yourself, for multiplayer beckons. And remember this: Assassins aren't welcome by GalCom.

Nova, over and out.

(Hey, is The Independent Way (RP) gonna be finished? I'm thinking we could call over most of the people involved in the story, and finish it once and for all. It had such a good start, and I wanna see the first true UCV-Based RP story actually get finished. What do you say?)

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

The corp could offer incentives to JOIN by offering several services like mutual protection, insurance of assests ( for a price), and a reliable job stream.

I FAIL to see any benefit of relingushiing by independence just so I can join your corp, when I can just go get my own jobs, and create my own alliances.

By joining Intercorp you WILL be able to benefit from ALL of the services offered by it's branches. This can easily include mutual protection, insurance plus a load more (what about a cheap source of petrol - sorry radine? What about a large list of potential jobs? No need to blindly run aroung the Universe trying to drum up business!. Basically, if there is demand by members for any service/resource then we can look into providing it for their benefit. That's what we're all about.

You are not required to relinquish your independence. You can always/at any time/of your own free will/without strings go off and do your own thing without the umbrella of Intercorps support and come back. However, for Intercorp to avoid raising the ire of all the fleets within the first 2 minutes of the mp servers going on line and getting vaporized, working within the organizarion requires members to follow a few operating rules. A small irritation methinks when weighed against the benefits of membership.

Also, at this stage, there aren't any assasins in Intercorp and our understanding of the caste is limited. We're just trying to get a basic structure set up and are really feeling our way as best we can. Once mp kicks off I'm sure we'll need to modify the details a bit, based on what members are saying/suggesting, to get things working most efficiently. We're here to help non fleet types as much as we can by providing all manner of resources.

The key at this stage is to understand and get on board with the concept of Intercorp. If you think the details need modifying then join up and give us a hand to get the division working in the Assassins best interests.

Go on it's going to be loads of fun.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Guybert ]

U know its funny, before I quit Intercorp I was very surprised of why I was member when U knew I was a Gammulan. Think twice if u think about placing a bounty on my head. U wouldn't want to lose a lot of members against a stormcarrier strike fleet.

[RP]

I trust that Intercorp understands that taking another person's life, unless in legitimate self defence, as proved by a court of law, or unless officially sanctioned by the United Free Nations or it's equivalent Vesperon and Empirian governments (ie. military or police action) is the crime of Murder and therefore will render the criminal liable to apprehension and prosecution? Which means, of course, that ALL Assassins are by default criminals in the Terran quadrant.

Assassin craft, whether Intercorp or otherwise, discovered in the Terran quadrant, will of course be captured and impounded or attacked if they resist, on site, by all ISS Defence Command forces, as part of our duty to uphold law and order in the region.

And Intercorp had better take a very close look at their organisation because I'd HATE to tihnk of a fine, upstanding bunch of citizens like you creating an organisation that SANCTIONS the activities of these criminals. I believe that would make you all...

ACCESSORIES...

[/RP]

quote:

Badgerius posted on 11-16-2001

I shouldn't be surprised, but you're going to deal with competition by assassinating them? You'll have your hands full, as all of the newbies avoid joining to escape the 50% tithe...

But it makes my job easier, since I know who's responsible for any assassination, don't I? I may not know your names, but I know where your stations are...

First off the charter was submitted by me as submitted by the unnamed Director as he/she wishes to retain his/her anonymity.

Secondly, the main reason we put up the charters here is for comments and suggestions.

Thirdly, you may know where their bases are but do you know where they are? That's when you guys pay us (i.e. The Explorers Division) to locate the b*****d that took a pot shot at you...