Organization

Exactly what DeSylva said. Assassins, and Raiders (at least in BC3k), show up as red on the computers of GalCom ships. And you know what that means? I'll quote an Orion Marine saying for this one, "If it's red, make it dead."

'Nuff said. I hope Intercorp keeps it's logistics right. I'd hate to Liaison with a corporation that's got tension between it and GalCom.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Shingen posted on 11-16-2001

Unconditonally sounds more like a dictatorship then an organization... why would I want to forsake my own INDEPENDENT status to follow someone UNCONDITIONALLY? Come on man.. get real.

As far as I'm concerned NO ONE needs to follow anything, if you don't like it, don't join, or better yet propose a better charter

quote:

Shingen posted on 11-16-2001

Again I ask you, What's the point of BEING independent if I have to ask someone else which jobs I can or can't take?! If I wanted to lose that much control over my own actions, then I'd just join a fleet and have them micro-manage me...

I think a better use of a corporation would be akin to an employment service, where the corporation would go out and FIND the jobs, keep a working list of availialbe mercs, then contract those jobs out for a percentage of the profits. That way indies DON'T lose their independence, (they can take whatever jobs they want), and the corp makes a profit through the indies.

I don't know what your problem is, I repeat if you don't like if then don't join That's the beauty of being UCV.

As far as I know the response to nearly all the proposed charters were positive. Its seems like you and only you have objections, please be a bit more constructive and give us your suggestions, if not, then keep quiet please.

quote:

Outlaw posted on 11-16-2001

U know its funny, before I quit Intercorp I was very surprised of why I was member when U knew I was a Gammulan. Think twice if u think about placing a bounty on my head. U wouldn't want to lose a lot of members against a stormcarrier strike fleet.

Intercorp DOES NOT AND WILL NOT DISCRIMATE against any race or caste, so if you are Gammulan mercenary and wants to join, we'll accept you, if you are a down and out Vesperion assassin, we will accept you, there are no exceptions.

If there's a bounty on your head and some Intercorp member accepts it, its he or her own head on the line....don't take it personal it's a job, a dirty job, but someone has to do it

quote:

Baloogan posted on 11-16-2001

Man can i join intercorp as,,, PR,,, HR or something that ends with R, AR, BR, CR... HR or PR.

Baloogan you're already part of Intercorp, the day you first offered to put up our web site, it's just that since there's only a few of us, no one other than the Directors have been given positions of authority, if you really want a position email me and we'll talk ok?

Guest Shingen

quote:

Shingen you've missed far too much of this to be arguing. If no one invited you to join Intercorp, and you don't want to, then go away. Complaining is like going to a job interview, and telling them how much you don't want the job.

ummm. excuse me. butI wasn't complaining, I was just showing you the obvious flaws of your system.. if you can't take constructive criticism, then maybe you should move to a PRIVATE forum... I was under the immpression that this forum was open to ALL registered members.

quote:

(Hey, is The Independent Way (RP) gonna be finished? I'm thinking we could call over most of the people involved in the story, and finish it once and for all. It had such a good start, and I wanna see the first true UCV-Based RP story actually get finished. What do you say?)

Yeah, I want to finish the RP... I'm gonna work on it this weekend and Thanksgiving Holiday

quote:

As far as I'm concerned NO ONE needs to follow anything, if you don't like it, don't join, or better yet propose a better charter

Well that's sort of an oxymoron then ain't it On one hand it says that a member has to follow UNCONDITIONALLY, then you say NO ONE has to follow ANYTHING... so, which is it?

quote:

As far as I know the response to nearly all the proposed charters were positive. Its seems like you and only you have objections, please be a bit more constructive and give us your suggestions, if not, then keep quiet please.

Again, if you can't take constructive criticism, then move to a private forum... and I WASN'T trying to be negative at all, just CLEAR, so you can remove the chip from your shoulder.

and.. yea, I probably wouldn't want to join anywayz.... but I'm still part of this community, so until the SC kicks me off, I'll reply where I want.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

quote:

Shigen posted on 11-17-2001

Well that's sort of an oxymoron then ain't it On one hand it says that a member has to follow UNCONDITIONALLY, then you say NO ONE has to follow ANYTHING... so, which is it?

It is not an oxymoron, if you read the Corporation's charter really, really carefully, and the charters for all the other divisions you will see that we adhere to the idea that NO ONE is bound by the rules and regulations of the Corporation with the single exception of office bearers due to the numerous perks they are entitled to.

This is what I meant by constructive suggestions and we do take it into account, amendments to the charter will be submitted soon.

quote:

Shingen posted on 11-17-2001

Again, if you can't take constructive criticism, then move to a private forum... and I WASN'T trying to be negative at all, just CLEAR, so you can remove the chip from your shoulder.

and.. yea, I probably wouldn't want to join anywayz.... but I'm still part of this community, so until the SC kicks me off, I'll reply where I want.

I can take criticism and you will see this if you have read this thread carefully, what I can not stand is unilateral announcements and statements that have no basis in fact which will not happen if you have read this thread carefully

I have always posted that I am willing to listen to any suggestions and comments from anyone, but you are not helping matters by dishing us without any suggestions or recommendations.

BTW for your information, we're not trying to stop you from posting, we're trying to get you to tell us what your objection is.....see above

Anyway, if you don't like us or the idea of a corporation with rules then ignore us, as Baloogan says "so simple"

Seriously I would appreciate any suggestions or comments from anyone to help us improve the Corporation in any way, however just saying you don't like it does not tell us anything, tell us what you like or what you don't like. Remember, we're only human and we make mistakes too, especially the rule that you have so much objection with.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

I would like to get this clear to anyone having an interest Intercorp.

1. We will not discriminate against any race or caste;

2. Members with the exception of office bearers are NOT bound by any of the rules and regulations of Intercorp;

3. The Charters are drawn up by the respective Directors without any additions from the other Directors, which means that the Charters are drawn from the point of view for the specific caste that the Charter addresses to;

4. We really, really would appreciate comments and suggestions from anyone, contrary to Shingen's feeling that we're slamming him;

5. I would really appreciate it if you fleeters could stop threatening the Corporation or its members, we're in business, so anything goes. Don't expect everyone of our members to conform to your rigid wants and needs which would be contrary to rules 1 and 2;

6. Remember the fleeters might be gearing up for just MP but we're gearing up towards GCO.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

6. Remember the fleeters might be gearing up for just MP but we're gearing up towards GCO.

Ummm, GALCOM fleets have been gearing up for GCO before Intercorp was even thought of.

quote:

5. I would really appreciate it if you fleeters could stop threatening the Corporation or its members, we're in business, so anything goes.

I don't think were threating you as much as trying to make our position clear. Some of us want Intercorp to be able to use military stations in the terran quadrant as launch bases. It will be better for your business and ours, but if anything goes. We won't be able to turn our backs on it now will we.

quote:

Remo Williams posted on 11-18-2001

I don't think were threating you as much as trying to make our position clear. Some of us want Intercorp to be able to use military stations in the terran quadrant as launch bases. It will be better for your business and ours, but if anything goes. We won't be able to turn our backs on it now will we.

I might have interpreted the posts wrongly, if I did I apologize. And seriously, I understand what you are worried about.

Due to the nature of UCVs and Intercorp's intention of not binding the common members to rules and regulations, I wish to propose the following compromise:-

1. That Intercorp will not be held responsible to any actions by common members;

2. That Intercorp will be held responsible by any actions of all the Intercorp office bearers.

I think this would be fairer.

Just gone for about two weeks, and see what happens

I have uploaded the new intercorp website.

I still have to do something about preloading those pictures, so for now just hold your mouse over a picture for a second or so and the swap-image should appear.

It's not complete yet, I still have to add info about Consignee and Eldorade, but will do so shortly. Moreover the logo's are temporarily gone, but these too should be back up soon (baloogan, I want to add your's as well )

Welcome back Riga, as you can see, I've been holding the fort Any news from Director 3?

Great update to the site BTW you spelled El Dorado Inc wrongly, its 2 words not 1 and you forgot to include the Raider Division.

RL must be busy so take yoru time

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

Shadow Inc.

The Assassin Division for Intercorp Unlimited

1. That the members of Shadow Inc. will be separated into four designations, Grandmasters, Masters, Executioner and Apperentices;

2. That all members shall obey the orders unconditionally of their senior in Shadow Inc.;

3. That prior to all assignments undertaken by Apperentice members of Shadow Inc.,members must request permission from a senior member;

4. That an Apperentice member shall be promoted into a Executioner member after the completion of 20 paid missions and the approval of a Master member;

5. That an Executioner member shall only be promoted into a Master by the permision of a Grandmaster;

6. That an Apperentice member shall pay his/her Master 50% of his/her profits;

7. That an Executioner shall pay his/her Master 10% of his/her profits;

8. That a Master member shall pay the Grandmasters 10% of his/her profits;

9. That any unauthorized Assassins/assassinations will be dealt with in a harsh manner;

10. That members of Shadow Inc. must obey the commands of the directors of Intercorp;

11. That assassinations of any members within Intercorp are strictly forbidden and will result in expulsion and ultimately execution;

12. That members of Shadow Inc. must receive a retainer deposit of at least 30% of the contracted amount before undertaking an assignment;

2/3/10: Sounds like an infringement of their freedom if you ask me. If they like that, fine by me. If they don't, fleets are just as interesting, if not safer. Care to explain otherwise? But I mention this because it is neccessary in relation to the quotes below.

6/7/8: I see no need for this piramid 'scheme' to be of any use to either the members or staff of the division. Apperentice (though I seriously believe "Apprentice" is the right spelling) is crazy if he 'donates' 50% of his deal to his uppers. What's he getting in return. The Executioner won't know what to do with that money. (I'd love to be his bankaccount manager. Half of Shadow Inc.'s revenue is stockpilling there.) And Grandmasters, ... oh well, I already shared my views on this un-transparent money flow scheme. Which goes for all of Intercorps subsidaries. 'Directors' just decide and sign the contracts. Any costs for the corp are payed by the corp itself, by means of the accountancy department. Sure if you say the director holds the division's bank account, then it's ok. But that still makes the intermediate cashflow stages like Masters and Executioners (and all other caste equivalents) obsolete. Just make sure all members deposit their fees into that account. Safer too. No mid-level manager that runs away with it. They can get a daily/monthly allowance and/or run the errands (contracts) themselves, IMO.

quote:

1. We will not discriminate against any race or caste;

2. Members with the exception of office bearers are NOT bound by any of the rules and regulations of Intercorp;

3. The Charters are drawn up by the respective Directors without any additions from the other Directors, which means that the Charters are drawn from the point of view for the specific caste that the Charter addresses to;

4. We really, really would appreciate comments and suggestions from anyone, contrary to Shingen's feeling that we're slamming him;

5. I would really appreciate it if you fleeters could stop threatening the Corporation or its members, we're in business, so anything goes. Don't expect everyone of our members to conform to your rigid wants and needs which would be contrary to rules 1 and 2;

1: And we (I think I can speek for all the fleets) have no objection incase Intercorp changes her mind on this. IOW, that's your (Intercorp and gang) decision. Not something we have to agree on.

2. Intercorp as a whole? Or any of it's parts? If the latter, then tell me how rules 2/3/10 of the first quote DO NOT contradict to that. Like Shingen, I think your saying one thing and then the opposite, and then that we don't get it. No, we don't. Get it yourself?

3. Seems natural. A charter for Shadow Inc. is not for Guns For Hire Inc. if they have their own set out.

4. I don't think you were slamming him, but see number 2 above. You are just butting heads.

5. Hey, we're in OUR business too. And guess what goes when war/martial law is at hand. The Military Way! And read my remarks at 1 again. Those are Intercorp's personal restrictions, not ours.

6. Gearing up? Don't grind your teeth when changing from neutral into 2nd.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

quote:

Rico Jansen posted on 11-19-2001

2/3/10: Sounds like an infringement of their freedom if you ask me. If they like that, fine by me. If they don't, fleets are just as interesting, if not safer. Care to explain otherwise? But I mention this because it is neccessary in relation to the quotes below.

6/7/8: I see no need for this piramid 'scheme' to be of any use to either the members or staff of the division. Apperentice (though I seriously believe "Apprentice" is the right spelling) is crazy if he 'donates' 50% of his deal to his uppers. What's he getting in return. The Executioner won't know what to do with that money. (I'd love to be his bankaccount manager. Half of Shadow Inc.'s revenue is stockpilling there.) And Grandmasters, ... oh well, I already shared my views on this un-transparent money flow scheme. Which goes for all of Intercorps subsidaries. 'Directors' just decide and sign the contracts. Any costs for the corp are payed by the corp itself, by means of the accountancy department. Sure if you say the director holds the division's bank account, then it's ok. But that still makes the intermediate cashflow stages like Masters and Executioners (and all other caste equivalents) obsolete. Just make sure all members deposit their fees into that account. Safer too. No mid-level manager that runs away with it. They can get a daily/monthly allowance and/or run the errands (contracts) themselves, IMO.

As I mention in my previous post, this charter was posted by me as submitted by the Shadow Inc. director who wishes to remain incognito. Yes, we realise that there is a direct contradiction to the Intercorp charters. As I have also mentioned amendments are on the way, but I'll leave that to the Shadow Inc.'s director. Appreciate your comments.

quote:

Rico Jansen posted on 11-19-2001

1: And we (I think I can speek for all the fleets) have no objection incase Intercorp changes her mind on this. IOW, that's your (Intercorp and gang) decision. Not something we have to agree on.

2. Intercorp as a whole? Or any of it's parts? If the latter, then tell me how rules 2/3/10 of the first quote DO NOT contradict to that. Like Shingen, I think your saying one thing and then the opposite, and then that we don't get it. No, we don't. Get it yourself?

3. Seems natural. A charter for Shadow Inc. is not for Guns For Hire Inc. if they have their own set out.

4. I don't think you were slamming him, but see number 2 above. You are just butting heads.

5. Hey, we're in OUR business too. And guess what goes when war/martial law is at hand. The Military Way! And read my remarks at 1 again. Those are Intercorp's personal restrictions, not ours.

6. Gearing up? Don't grind your teeth when changing from neutral into 2nd.

1. Weeeeelll, we're not actually asking for your agreement, we're telling what we're doing which is only polite. Sorry if you don't like it, but you can't have everything.

2. Please see above.

3. Glad you agree, I just mentioned that to inform you guys that all the charters were created from the prespective of the respective castes, so if you have any queries, ask the respective Directors, I'm just helping out by posting them.

4. I agree.

5. Read my previous post.

6. We were on full swing from the get go, so there's no more changing of gears

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

Guest Shingen

quote:

I never felt like you were 'slamming' me in any-way-shape-or-form. I just took issue on some of your rules, and felt that they didn't leave much REASON to join... you guys were the ones that got your panties all tied in a knot! I choose not to take things like this personally...

..and if your RE-READ my first post regarding this issue, the first line clearly states that I wasn't trying to 'SLAM' anyone...

..are we clear now?

Shingen (and all you other Indies out there).

Just keep in mind that you can come and use Intercorps resources at any time, with no obligation to stick with them for the long term.

For example picture yourself as an up and coming assassin in the galaxy and doing OK. All of a sudden, your usual contacts and leads for juicy kils dries up (or has been taken out more likely).

There you are, without a contract, bills to pay (fuel, food, gas, mortgage, diapers etc) and a great kick ass engine upgrade sitting at your local battlecruiser dealership with your name written all over it. So what do you do? Go door to door (airlock to airlock) trying to flog your valuable skills in vain? Or, do you head to your local Intercorp agency, peruse their exhaustive lists of juicy "take out" assignments they have on file. Select one that takes your fancy agree with the basic Intercorp ground rules, execute it (sic) and there you are rolling in cool hard wedge? Free to go off and do your own thing once again.

You've got to admit, even for the "staunchly" independent types, Intercorp will be a pretty handy facility to have around.

• 2 weeks later...

In response to Jeffery

quote:

As I mention in my previous post, this charter was posted by me as submitted by the Shadow Inc. director who wishes to remain incognito. Yes, we realise that there is a direct contradiction to the Intercorp charters. As I have also mentioned amendments are on the way, but I'll leave that to the Shadow Inc.'s director. Appreciate your comments.

Come on Jeff. Don't hide behind Mr. X. If you don't want to warrant what he said then let him dictate his response to you and you post it here. How's he going to attract business anyway if he's into hiding mode. Any potential member will follow his example and not show up if you ask me.

quote:

1. Weeeeelll, we're not actually asking for your agreement, we're telling what we're doing which is only polite. Sorry if you don't like it, but you can't have everything.

2. Please see above.

3. Glad you agree, I just mentioned that to inform you guys that all the charters were created from the prespective of the respective castes, so if you have any queries, ask the respective Directors, I'm just helping out by posting them.

4. I agree.

5. Read my previous post.

6. We were on full swing from the get go, so there's no more changing of gears

1: No that's stubborn, eventhough it's also polite. If Intercorp's (or any other free enterprise) policy is not to the liking of the fleets (I suppose Gammulans too, but we're not really on speaking terms, so what do I know) then we'll make it's life very hard (but proportional to the extend of discontent). I realize that I haven't put out the official position of Prime Fleet versus Intercorp or general businesses. But that's because it's not fully formulated yet. But it's in the pipeline.

2: See above where?. Please be more specific to the post or line.

3: Hey, you guys are building the whole thing under one construction named Intercorp. Then don't look funny when you as one of it's directors is called out to answer. (Especially you Jeffery, as you were the one wanting to accomodate for all the castes available) Intercorp is a team of businesses, so aren't you supposed to back your fellow director? If all the business are responsible for their own, then why don't they have a forum topic for their own.

5: Which? "11-19-2001 21:21" or more likely "11-19-2001 00:23". If the latter,

quote:

1: That Intercorp will not be held responsible to any actions by common members;

No. IMO if intercorp allows a contra-fleet contract to get established (wether or not in fleet territory, but on the corps premises) and the fleet finds out, it has every right to pursue intercorp too. I mean, you're watching the news right? Do I need to mention the Taliban in Afganistan?

quote:

2. That Intercorp will be held responsible by any actions of all the Intercorp office bearers.

You know what, I personally would be lenient to that. If a certain director of a subsidairy (or the sub itself, but isn't the director the face of the sub) commits an act (or really keeps committing acts) considered a crime by a fleet, then I would say Intercorp goes free IF they break all ties to that outlawed division. If they don't, well, then they risk becomming out-lawed too. But that's just my personal POV. All you need to worry about is your reputation.

6: Well, you're right on one thing. You guys have less acces to the fleet secure servers.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

This is all becoming very interesting.

Intercorp is out to provide asisstance to non fleeters in the BC Universe and to be honest, we can only imagine at this stage how it will work out and try our best to pursue the objectives we've set out.

We've created a set of giudelines which we think will form a working structure with which this can be achieved. But, without doubt, this structure is dynamic and will possibly need to modified to suit the realism of actual multiplayer game play (is that an oxymoron?).

That being said, the purpose of Intercorp is not to intentionally position itself against any of the military organizations. But as I have become involved in this, I am finding it very curious to see the almost aggressive reactions from some of the fleet representatives towards Intercorp. Shades of xenophobia creeping in there?

Anyway, we are always open to suggestions as to how we can provide a better, more useful organization. Myself and my fellow directors will be here to respond as best we can. Remember this is not a military organization, we are independents, so our outlook and methods will not jibe with yours 100% of the time.

We're all here trying to do our job and have fun.

Right, (more or less) back from a long absence.

Guybert is right. We're just trying to structure Intercorp, but that is by no means the final form.

Take as an example my proposal for payment. It's posted here and up on the website, but after an icq-session with Rico I had to conclude that portions of it must be revised. No big deal really. He has made a good point and the final proposal will only benefit from it.

Now, I think that is true for most (if not all) of the things we produce, and as far as I can see the point Guybert it trying to make.

As for the (in my view) negative comments made a few weeks ago. We are trying to achieve something here. If someone has (constructive) comments we try to listen and learn. If they are destructive, then do not expect us to remain silent and pretend we didn't see or hear nothing.

(Yes Gallion, we will play nice )

As far as I'm concerned Intercorp is established by now, and that may not please some people, but then again, they are free to avoid us, or just not read the threads in which we are involved.

Concerning the current discussion about liability of the directors over its members actions: it's an open and ongoing discussion, with several views, so let the fun begin

Just my 2ct worth.

I've contacted the Director today. He says that he has some changes to his stuff. Overall it hasn't changed much but it should prove fairer to all parties (except for marks) involved.