You may have a new ally, my friends.

When I finally get my sweaty paws on BCM, I'm gonna have to decide where my loyalties will lie. Not being renowned for towing the line, I've decided to go it alone, but as what? Mertc, assassin, raider? And which race, I quite fancy being a Droidian myself, is that possible? I like the idea of being an assassin, but do I have to register with anyone?

Seems a little straange to announce myself as such, but there you go.

So, what next?

You'll have to register in the fleets database once you decide on what Race/caste/name of your ship (if you have one)/and base. One thing I don't know is how you get to decide your ship. In an actual fleet it's given to you but with the Indies who knows? Any answers anyone? I for one want a Garid.

quote:

Originally posted by Malleus Malefictorum:

You'll have to register in the fleets database once you decide on what Race/caste/name of your ship (if you have one)/and base. One thing I don't know is how you get to decide your ship. In an actual fleet it's given to you but with the Indies who knows? Any answers anyone? I for one want a Garid.

Read the UCVs and fleets thread. It was just discussed there. Best to contact aramike about your registration and asset type.

I for one chose my ship myself (LRT-15), but then, as a trader you do not have a lot of choice, so nobody objected .

Nevertheless, my asset type is not listed in the fleet database (aramike?, he humbly said...)

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

Ok, already sent my application. Decided to go as a Terran cos I couldn't think of a Droidian name.

Got a cool ship name though: Cuthulain, he is a hero in Irish celtic mythology.

See you out there guys.

quote:

Originally posted by Paddy Gregory:

sorry aramike, I didn't mean to hassle you, i was just curious.

Do I update my sig now?

No problem. Sig looks fine, I think.

quote:

aramike, how do we get our ships, being Indies and all? Do we just chose them, do we ask you for them?

You can choose them, but keep it realistic please. Ask for something too crazy, and you ain't gonna get it.

Just post it here and tell me what you want.

Really thhough, why can't I have a stormcarrier, I am in the military so wouldn't they give military commanders like me one of those ships?

just a thought...

Update

It also says on the asset page

CASTE CAREER CHOICE ASSET CHOICE

MILITARY COMMANDER Any cruiser/carrier/transport

PS PILOT Any close air (PAS/HAG/LAG) / shuttle

EF PILOT Any fighter

MI MARINE Any ground vehicle Type1 (ATV/APC/HAV/LAV)

EF MARINE Any ground vehicle Type2 (HUMVEE/CAB)

so a military commander gets his choice of any crusier/carrier/transport.

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Herro YuY ]

quote:

Originally posted by Herro YuY:

Really thhough, why can't I have a stormcarrier, I am in the military so wouldn't they give military commanders like me one of those ships?

just a thought...

Update

It also says on the asset page

CASTE CAREER CHOICE ASSET CHOICE

MILITARY COMMANDER Any cruiser/carrier/transport

PS PILOT Any close air (PAS/HAG/LAG) / shuttle

EF PILOT Any fighter

MI MARINE Any ground vehicle Type1 (ATV/APC/HAV/LAV)

EF MARINE Any ground vehicle Type2 (HUMVEE/CAB)

so a military commander gets his choice of any crusier/carrier/transport.

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Herro YuY ]

I know what it says. Still, without an actual Gammulan hierarchy, one must doubt that a rookie of sorts would be assigned the most powerful vessel of the lot.

Other reasons for me not wanting to do that has to do with play-balancing in MP. If everyone got to choose the most powerful asset, they would. Therefore, it should be tied in to your experience.

Same thing goes for in a fleet. No one is going to get the most powerful ship to start out with.

Basically, what you quoted was a technicality. Meaning, that military personnel CAN use those ships. Just because you can, however, doesn't mean that you MAY.

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: aramike ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jigoku San:

so that means I can't have a Sunflash Heavy cruiser?

As a merc, how do you plan on getting such hardware?

Seriously, though, I'm going to talk to Derek sometime and see how he wants to handle assets for Misc Race/Caste.

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: aramike ]