You may have a new ally, my friends.

Find a carrier on the black market huh? Probably be the equivelent of finding a modern US Naval Cruiser or such on the black market. Such things don't happen. Not to stir things up but the only way I see non-military personel getting thier grubby hands on one is by either defection (and who is going to defect to the mercs?) or by finding the hulk of one floating through space (and where are you going to get spare parts for it?)

RP/

Mercenary Captain:

"Excuse me, I'd like to buy three interceptor launch stations, a cloaking device, and a bridge computer for a Megaron"

Propriator:

pressing button for station security

"Hold on one moment, I'll have to check my inventory"

/RP

[RP]Hmmm can I get a bunch of you together so we can go joyride in a Stormcarrier?[/RP]

That is a thought, but it would have to be done in BCM MP. If we could pull it off, I don't think anyone would complain. Then again, I'm sure there is a ton of safety protocols to protect against that sort of thing. But just think if it could be pulled off... how much would Galcom or the Insurgency pay for it? I wan't to see that auction!

I was just wondering, suppose you found a BC parked up on a planet, and noticed the Commander was taking a stroll, what is to stop you landing your crappy cruiser and commandeering the BC? I suppose the crew might take offense, or would they?

Would your race/caste automatically prevent you from doing that?

Just a thought.

quote:

Originally posted by Paddy Gregory:

I was just wondering, suppose you found a BC parked up on a planet, and noticed the Commander was taking a stroll, what is to stop you landing your crappy cruiser and commandeering the BC? I suppose the crew might take offense, or would they?

Would your race/caste automatically prevent you from doing that?

Just a thought.

[RP]Nathan rose from his chair in alert. The commander was out hiking planet side, so he was in charge of ship security. The now approaching cruiser clearly ment harm.

'hold it, hold it... fire now all weapons' he shouted. The PTA, turrets and a Vagrant or two quickly made the cruiser look like a big swiss cheese.

'Anything happened while I was away' the commander asked?'

'Nah, not much' Nathan said pointing his nose to the still smoking remains of the cruiser'

[/RP]

The crew might take offense? Should think so!

LOL!

Fair enough. But what if you parked up behind a sand dune, hopped into an ATV to get a bit closer then approached on foot?

This is all pure, wild speculation of course.

A BC has ground radar, so wouldn't get too close with that ATV.

You can always get to a BC undetected by letting your marines dig a tunnel, breach the hull and take over the ship

Using the transporter to beam a few of these guys aboard a BC would work fine I guess

Hmmm sounds like a new game...Grand Theft BattleCruiser! It would probably be similar to that video from L.A. when that guy stole the tank. You would definatly go down in BC history, people would watch that chase for years. Heh, would be one hell of a fun ride though. To quote a good friend of mine "Ballsy, but stupid."

[RP]

As the BC commander comes back from his hike

"Where did I park the BC?"

Later

"Galcom Headquaters here."

"Galcom, this is Commander Leornards, um... ...I seem to have misplaced my BC."

"... ... ... Please state that again Cmdr."

"I, uh, lost my BC"

"You lost your BC?"

"... ...Ya"

"You LOST your BC?"

"...uh huh"

"A BATTLECRUISER?"

"Yes, I parked the GCV Indian Spirit and left it to take a hike, and when I got back it wasn't there anymore."

The Galcom Comm Officer starts flipping through the Operations Manual, saying to himself "How the hell am I going to write THIS up?"

[/RP]