Just checking!!!

quote:

Originally posted by TRD:

How do I become a UCV commander?

Welcome to our Indie corner here TRD. If you like to be an UCV Commander, then all you have to do is what Fendi wrote.

Once you make a choice, you can register in the fleet database. Make sure to do that before Oct 15.

If you want to take it a step further then you can have a look at Intercorp Unlimited in the Organisation thread.

We are interested in both members and staff (e.g. directors).

Becoming a member might benefit you in multiplayer (coming soon). If you want to be more involved in structuring Intercorp, then you can apply for directorship.

Currently we have 3 directors, just ask us if you're interested (Jeffery or me, the 3rd director is still anonymous).

The indie way..., the way to go (hehe, couldn't resist)

quote:

Originally posted by Fendi:

The assassin leader is unknown at the momment. Ask Jeff or Riga.

We're talking to several people to fill in these positions. We have one confirmed director, but its division is still classified, so I cannot deny or confirm that there is an assassin leader. Sorry Fendi, nice try to find out, but I won't bite

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I was thinking of being a Diplomat, but there arent any others.

If not that, then definately a Trader.

If you really want to be a diplomat, then that's no problem, even without other diplomats around. Currently only 2 traders are registered in the fleet's database, of which only one is currently active (me). Dunno about the other.

Heh, but both you and Baloogan are considering to become trader as well.

quote:

Is Oct 15 a cut off point/release date or something?

Oct 15 is the official release date for BCM. Per orders of SC the registration in the fleet database will then be closed until the multiplayer patch will be released.

As far as I know, you can only get access to the official MP servers if you are registered in the fleet database.

Welcome to our neck of the woods, TRD, as Riga and I are the founders of Intercorp Unlimited we would of course do our best to corrupt you to join the indies

Just think unlimited freedom of play without any anyone giving you orders. Think about the unlimited opportunities to direct your own division if you join castes that have not Director's at the moment and finally the opportunity to build and create and earn moola like you've never in before

What about Paddy? He's a UCV too.

Paddy why don't you register in Intercorp? I heard there's good perks.

BTW there is something wrong with the board again. $ilk is registered as the last poster on "so it begins" but when I click General discussion the last thing there is about Digital cameras.

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

A diplomat I shall be, making all that money was very tempting though.

I noticed that most are Terran, is there a reason for that, or just down to prefference? Can I pick any race?

Also, Ive lost my v1 manual which of the races have cybernetic implants?

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: TRD ]

quote:

A diplomat I shall be, making all that money was very tempting though.

I noticed that most are Terran, is there a reason for that, or just down to prefference? Can I pick any race?

Also, Ive lost my v1 manual which of the races have cybernetic implants?

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: TRD ]

You can download the documentation and appendixes here

On another note: would you be interested, as a diplomat, to found a new diplomat division? Intercorp Unlimited is still looking for directors

Well, we don't really know what you want, if you do become a diplomat and join us, you'll be the first and will be appointed Director of that Subdivision (for more details readup on the Organisation thread). And you'll have do the following, if you want to:-

1) Create a name for your sub-division;

2) Create a charter according to how you want the sub-division to work in MP & GCO;

3) Get more members;

and so forth, he he, we don't really know what else we should or should not do, but I'm gathering up all information so that we can submit all to Tacops for approval at the same time. (I'm doing it in PDF format)

Am gonna send email to all errant UCV commanders that haven't posted for some time. Any you of seen any recent posts by any of the listed UCV Commanders gimme a holler so that I can same time by not sending email to them.

Can't lose any potential members

quote:

What would that involve? Payrise maybe?

Read the charter of intercorp (here).

Its all about providing a place where you can easily get in contact with other members (traders, mercenaries, assassins, etc). For example to get an excort when you are traveling from place to place or hire an assassin to get rid of a rival diplomat or raider that is _really_ harrasing you.

Moreover, as director you get a share of all business deals in the diplomat division. Not very interesting if there is only one member (you), but as time goes by and if you are able to attract other diplomat members you will get 4% of all their business deals.

Or you can become a member so that you can get these deals for a reasonable price.

Or you can stay an indie (not intercorp related). But then you pay a bundle for our services

quote:

If I was to be a director, would I then still be a diplomat for hire or would I be the diplomat for Intercorp?

Until there are more diplomats I guess I could do both.

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: TRD ]

In my view you would be an diplomat that is affiliated with intercorp. As such you can hire your services to anyone who needs them.

You pay the division a fee (4%). As director (now this is the nice part) you decide what to do with that money.

The other 96% is yours.

However, you would be required to structure your division. The better you get it organised, the more people are likely to join it. As director you are responsible for the other 'intercorp' members. If things go wrong you are required to take the necesaiy steps to solve the matter (like hiring mercs to rescue someone)

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

quote:

TRD posted on 10-13-2001

If I was to be a director, would I then still be a diplomat for hire or would I be the diplomat for Intercorp?

You are still a diplomat for hire even if you're a Director for your division at Intercorp. Just more responsibilities and more commitments but then again, more privileges, which is for you to work out of course, if you're the Director

Remember, even if you're a member or officer or Director of Intercorp, Intercorp still has to pay for your services, no freebies for anybody

quote:

Jigoku San posted on 10-13-2001

gah! better just post here and now...

I didn't mean you of course, I meant the other listed UCV commanders that haven't posted for some time. I might have missed their posts somewhere around

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the "Battlecruiser" world and just want to introduce myself to y'all. I've been reading up on as much as possible, been playing the demos and am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my pre ordered copy of BCM.

More specifically, with the upcoming release of GCO, the Commercial caste intrigues me. With the reported extensive scope of GCO, the variety of potential opportunities to make loads of dosh and become a galactic Donald Trump or Warren Buffet are too good to pass up.

However, in my quest for power and prestige I will no doubt find the resources from a supporting organization useful. Real life restrictions on the time I will have for gaming will limit any obligations I can undertake from a formal fleet. Therefore I'll be an Independent and Intercorp seems a perfect set up to belong to.

I hope you will accept my humble application to your organization and look forward to working with y'all.

quote:

Guybert posted on 10-23-2001

I hope you will accept my humble application to your organization and look forward to working with y'all.

Heya Guy, welcome to our neck of our woods. I see that our newbie welcome wagon has beat me to welcoming you.

Thanks for your interest in Intercorp. Yes, we are seriously in need of members. As you are the first commercial commander, I guess you get the duty of organising your division, which is the Commercial Sub-Division, Services Division, Intercorp Unlimited.

If you need additional information, private message or email Riga and myself, and we'll try to fill you in.

Thanks again for your interest, and any help from you will be greatly appreciated