Just checking!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

And I'm still waiting for something to happen with Intercorp, folks! Time is money!

Heh, currenly I have very little time due to RL demands. Hopefully things will get more quite by the end of the week. Until then, hold you water Nova, it will come

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Gamaliel:

Greetings.

I am alive, kicking, and most definitely an Indie.

In any case I am checking in.

Gam out.

Welcome to our little indie experience

Being a scientist, intercorp might need your services sooner or later .

quote:

Cmdr. Gamaliel (Terran/Scientist)

UCV-Medea, Gazer1 (Pluto)

Independent Geologist/Mineral Analyst

Hmm, having a prospector service might even be neccessary if the appendices will not contain information on planet mineral density. AFAIK the unofficial manual/appendix didn't have anything like the navchart.pdf file of bc3k. I think you got yourself a niche there. Ofcourse people can just plumb the drones down and wait for them to fill up. But it sure would help if someone figured it out beforehand.

quote:

Gamaliel posted on 10-24-2001

Greetings.

I am alive, kicking, and most definitely an Indie.

In any case I am checking in.

Gam out.

hmm, our local newbie wagons haven't turned up yet. Anyway welcome to our neck of the woods.

It's great that you have chosen a non-military caste like us. That's what we indies really need, more interests in castes other than military.

Anyways feel free to browse around, I'm sure you know by now that we, Intercorp Unlimited are recruiting and would love it if you could join our cause as we don't have any one to organise the Scientists Division of Intercorp. If you're interested mail me.

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

I'm more or less lurking until BCM comes out. I probably visit once a week or maybe even less frequently. When I get my paws on a copy of BCM, though, you can bet I'll be working pretty darned hard on fleshing out my Terran Core Systems Police organisation. Once I get a reasonable amount of stuff I'll see if I can run it through Tacops.

So yes, I'm here... just not completely alive and kicking yet.

quote:

Spuzzum posted on 10-26-2001

I'm more or less lurking until BCM comes out. I probably visit once a week or maybe even less frequently. When I get my paws on a copy of BCM, though, you can bet I'll be working pretty darned hard on fleshing out my Terran Core Systems Police organisation. Once I get a reasonable amount of stuff I'll see if I can run it through Tacops.

So yes, I'm here... just not completely alive and kicking yet.

Welcome back spuzzum!! You went MIA for quite a while. Thought maybe that you gave on your idea of Terran Core Systems Police due to the lack of response

Anyway, been thinking about it a lot, instead of restricting yourself and you members circle, maybe you should expand the Police to an galactic one, something like the Interpol but with more substance and power. Hmm treaties between the races for extradition and punishment, which means a more comprehensive legal system.

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

Well, I think the point of being indie is to have many companies and organisations competing with one another.

If someone makes a galactic agency, then essentially I think there's no real point in joining anything else...

It's a thought, though.

(I'd be happier to see many police companies... the Gammulan Quadrant Criminal Hunters, the Lennen Raider Patrol, etc. We could cooperate as necessary, or even try to steal each others' thunder. )

quote:

Spuzzum posted on 10-27-2001

Well, I think the point of being indie is to have many companies and organisations competing with one another.

If someone makes a galactic agency, then essentially I think there's no real point in joining anything else...

It's a thought, though.

(I'd be happier to see many police companies... the Gammulan Quadrant Criminal Hunters, the Lennen Raider Patrol, etc. We could cooperate as necessary, or even try to steal each others' thunder. )

I understand that but I'm sure that you have noticed that we independents are NOT really bulging with manpower at the moment.

I'm just suggesting that if you were to make your organisation available to a wider selection of races so instead of limiting yourself to once race, i.e. setting up a galactic agency, not only will you have a bigger group of members to start with but if you make it interesting and intriguing enough more people would be interested to join. Once you have succesfully established that, and if there are enough members you can decide to start organising an agency for a specific race.

Just IMHO in light of the situation we are facing with.

Another point is that once you have set down the ground rules of a galactic wide agency and have it approved by the SC, then it's easier to set out a race specific agency

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

Anyways feel free to browse around, I'm sure you know by now that we, Intercorp Unlimited are recruiting and would love it if you could join our cause as we don't have any one to organise the Scientists Division of Intercorp. If you're interested mail me.

Thank you for the offer, however due to RL concerns I am going to have to operate as a lone wolf for the moment.

I would also like to have the chance to play around with BCM for a while so that I may have something useful to contribute.

If and when my situation changes for the better, I will contact you or post here on the forum.

Gam, out.

Ah another Gammulan merc with the same choice of ship as mine. Welcome, you chose the best race and indie ship for yourself. The Gammulan War Council would b proud. Expect many contracts from our military. For the glory of the Gammulan Empire!

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Outlaw ]

Hey forget Intercorp man. This proposal of yours is BS. I'm an indie and being member of Intercorp doesn't exactly make me a indie. Count me out. My brothers in the Gammulan fleet will back me up always and no politics involved like in Intercorp will get in my way. Out.

quote:

Originally posted by Outlaw:

Hey forget Intercorp man. This proposal of yours is BS. I'm an indie and being member of Intercorp doesn't exactly make me a indie. Count me out. My brothers in the Gammulan fleet will back me up always and no politics involved like in Intercorp will get in my way. Out.

Yes, I was wondering why you were hanging around these....humans.....

Outlaw,

If you ever need backup, I am sure I can spare a couple of stormcarriers etc to back you up or get you out of trouble. Just let us know what the problem is, and we will take care of it!!

That goes for you too Razor, if the terrans give you a bad deal and you get into a situation, let us know.

The Diplomacy fleet is ready to back up our indies.

One for all and all for one so to speak!!

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Guest Shingen

Ok I've been gone for awhile, but you guys aren't STILL hashing over that old "indie alliance" crap are you?

The whole POINT of being an INDIE in to REMAIN INDEPENDENT! If I wanted to join an organization, I'd apply to one of the fleets...

Seems rather rudundant to be a 'indie' in an 'organization' don't it?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

Ok I've been gone for awhile, but you guys aren't STILL hashing over that old "indie alliance" crap are you?

The whole POINT of being an INDIE in to REMAIN INDEPENDENT! If I wanted to join an organization, I'd apply to one of the fleets...

Seems rather rudundant to be a 'indie' in an 'organization' don't it?

Not really, from the way I understand it you can still do what ever the heck you like as an indie. The organization just helps you find extra work. Very good idea IMO.

Keep it up guys your doing fine Prime will have plenty of work for you to give out to your members. If you walk the line that is. As far as the lone indie goes you probably won't find any work from the fleets. Well not Prime anyway.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

If I wanted to 'walk the line' I'd join one of the fleets...

'nuff said'

As a terran/assassin you wouldn't have received any work from the GALCOM fleets anyway, so I can see where your coming from.