Independent Fleet Database Registrants post here

Since you guys don't have a "Fleet Leader" to approve you it is up to the admins to approve you. Once you choose your Independent race and caste please post here and let us know you are alive and wanting to register.

Again this thread is for Independent commanders to inform everyone that they are here and want to be registered in the Fleet Database. The Fleet FAQ states that you must be a registered member of the forum in order to join the Fleet Database.

If you post you are obviously registered. Simple enough to me.

Stay on topic. No recruiting. Newbie questions about what to join should also be in different threads.

This thread is only for new guys who have chosen their race and caste and want to remind the admins to approve them.

Thanks, Charles

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Charles Lindsey ]

Hehe, read the first post. Your profile was deleted. You used a vanity email address and had not posted on the board yet so I didn't know who you were.

Simply re-register in the fleet database. You may elect to hide your email address if you wish.

[edit] Ok Kenada, I approved you.

quote:

Originally posted by Charles Lindsey:

Hehe, read the first post. Your profile was deleted. You used a vanity email address and had not posted on the board yet so I didn't know who you were.

Simply re-register in the fleet database. You may elect to hide your email address if you wish.

[edit] Ok Kenada, I approved you.

And how the hell did he register on the site with a vanity email address? He probably didn't. He probably just figured that he could do that.

ANY person I find in that fleet DB with a vanity email address, is getting booted and the fleet leader demoted. End of story.

quote:

Originally posted by Riga:

Baloogan, register in the fleet database first. I think today is the last day you'll be able to do (at least until MP patch is released).

Since the game isn't out yet, that date is hereby extended to expire the week ending the game's shipping. Which means, sometime around the end of the month. So, lets say, 11/1

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

And how the hell did he register on the site with a vanity email address? He probably didn't. He probably just figured that he could do that.

ANY person I find in that fleet DB with a vanity email address, is getting booted and the fleet leader demoted. End of story.

Yeah, small problem. If only there could be a ban list in the fleet DB...

Oh well, I have the boot on always.

quote:

And how the hell did he register on the site with a vanity email address? He probably didn't.

I think he registered on the forum with a real address and then used the vanity address to be displayed.

Kenada since re-registered with a correct address. That is the one I approved.

I was incorrect. Kenada has a "real" .com address but not a genuine ISP address listed in the fleet database. Apologies.

I know that to be registered here on the forum you must have a genuine ISP address in order to be approved. But if a commander has not posted yet You don't have a member number to go by since he never posted and you can't even search by his name.

So by asking them to post first one would know for sure they are approved to the forum and make sure the fleet database name matches the forum name, both requirements in the fleet faq.

I thought it was rather elegant solution.

Apologies if I'm doing it wrong.

Hmmm, in the fleet DB, I have my Yahoo! address listed, but I'm actually registered in the forum with my work email, should I change my Fleet registration accordingly, or is it OK as is?

BTW what exactly is a vanity email? Do you mean Yahoo, Hotmail etc ie free email addresses? Never come across the term before the SC started the tread about the new forum registrations. Just need clarification, that's all.

quote:

BTW what exactly is a vanity email? Do you mean Yahoo, Hotmail etc ie free email addresses?

Yep. If you it's one of those free services, like Yahoo, Hotmail, Juno, etc. then it's vanity. There's a specific list that I think they use. Other than that, you should be fine.

Hm.... Guybert asked me about his Fleet DB registration, which he got his confirmation email from, but his profile wasn't there. I think he said he asked you, chavik. Anyway, the cmdrid from the link is 275 (he forwarded me the confirmation email, so I could get the link). Anyway, I told him to wait on it, because IIRC, mine didn't go through for at least 1 week after I got the (false) confirmation. Not sure what the problem could be. (That's what he told me you said, chavik. Anyone else?)

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Was hoping Aramike would pop in with something definitive. We know no vanities are allowed. There is a subtrend of "valid" email addresses that are not ISP addresses such as web hosting.

I would suggest using your valid ISP address and electing to not show it.

Kenada, I don't think you caused anyone any distress. You were simply the catalyst for discovering a "problem" with the Fleet Database.

What I thought was a good idea seems to have turned into a big road apple.

Hang tight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...