Organisation for Everyone...

Kenada

To my amazement, a few people have already begun preparing for GCO, and for MP. Intercorp is one example. Since I am a trader, and probably a non-respectable, when come down to GCO, I wont be seen much in places that have security in many ways... MY REPUTATION would hinder that. Therefore, there would be a problem. But I see it as a opportunity not to unite, but come together in a different sense, as a "family." The scum of society (including me), needs a haven to call our own. I place where we gather to conduct our business and don't have to worry about laws inforcers breathing down our back. Mainly, a place were the hunted can take a brake. Wether is a isolated moon, or a Space Port, it would work, but some would have to be a little more dedicated than other. It would have to be defended. It would be a challenge...

quote:

Originally posted by Rico Jansen:

You don't have a reputation with me. Please elaborate on how bad I should consider it. What makes you a bad trader?

Hehe, he didn't say he was a bad trader, he just said he had a bad reputation... (semantics, semantics )

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

To my amazement, a few people have already begun preparing for GCO, and for MP. Intercorp is one example. Since I am a trader, and probably a non-respectable, when come down to GCO, I wont be seen much in places that have security in many ways... MY REPUTATION would hinder that. Therefore, there would be a problem. But I see it as a opportunity not to unite, but come together in a different sense, as a "family." The scum of society (including me), needs a haven to call our own. I place where we gather to conduct our business and don't have to worry about laws inforcers breathing down our back. Mainly, a place were the hunted can take a brake. Wether is a isolated moon, or a Space Port, it would work, but some would have to be a little more dedicated than other. It would have to be defended. It would be a challenge...

You can take it wherever you like. You're an indie aren't you? But the reasons you mentioned were exactly the trigger for me and a few others to start Intercorp.

AFAIK, you're referring to Intercorp's equivalent on the other side of the reputation scale.

As for ppl preparing for MP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those fleet leaders (and SC ofcourse) have been preparing for MP for the last couple of years. We Intercorp characters are merely the newcomers , rather active, but new nonetheless.

Anyway, bottom line is that you can do whatever you want in BCM/GCO, and so can you

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps he's going to ram people with those huge trading vessels.

[rp]Poomp!

"Warning, warning, hull intregrity breached."

Poomp!

"Tactical computer offline, Interceptor launch bay: is damaged, shuttle launch bay: is damaged, hull: is damaged..."

Poomp!

game over

[/rp]

(snicker)

quote:

You can take it wherever you like. You're an indie aren't you? But the reasons you mentioned were exactly the trigger for me and a few others to start Intercorp.

AFAIK, you're referring to Intercorp's equivalent on the other side of the reputation scale.

As for ppl preparing for MP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those fleet leaders (and SC ofcourse) have been preparing for MP for the last couple of years. We Intercorp characters are merely the newcomers , rather active, but new nonetheless.

Anyway, bottom line is that you can do whatever you want in BCM/GCO, and so can you

Its just, when GCO come ups and runs, your rep may affect you... But how could trader get a bad rep would be a good questions. In stead of road rage, it would SPACE RAGE. A cruiser cuts you off, and then you ram em! Seems fun!

quote:

Kenada posted on 10-14-2001

Interesting, considering that you haven't even on MP or GCO, you have decided that you'll have a bad reputation. So you're gonna play it like the mafias, I assume.

Assuming, that you have no interest in joining any organisations or starting up your own, then you don't have to do anything, during MP and GCO you just park your self on orbit around any convienient planet without any problems.

As for defences, you will have to purchase your own. No freebies for anybody, if I'm not wrong.

BTW unless as stated above, you plan to ram military ships, what can you do to get a bad reputation?

Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

Thanks, I feel my freedom would be striped away in any fleet, for I have chosen to be a indie. Life may be harder, but will more rewarding. INDIE POWER!

quote:

Im not saying that I
have
a bad reputation... I would be one of the middle people. Clicks, there everywhere. Good people will be around good people, bad will be around bad people

Im not saying that I have a bad reputation... I would be one of the middle people. Clicks, there everywhere. Good people will be around good people, bad will be around bad people. Im going to ram people with my ship. I clearly not insane. LOL. I do have afew interest, not neccisarly "forming" a orginisation, but something else. I might perhaps join one, depending... BUt at this moment, only time will tell. Before I make any further decision, I want know how everything works. In a way, I am new BC universe, I have been into. Since being a trader, ill will do business with almost anyone! But, I do have few tricks up my sleve. I already have protection thanks inpart to a few who share my dream.

I understand what you mean. Anyway, try lurking around for awhile to see where you're more suited to.

Word of advise though, even in BCM:MP the indies will be getting the raw end of the deal as the SC has stated clearly that he will be scripting multiplayer epics for the fleets with a general exception of one or two indies. So if you're thinking of getting involved in large battles, multiplayer and roleplaying, you might want to consider joining the fleets instead.

The above reason, is why Riga and myself are organising Intercorp instead and gearing it more towards GCO as we both have RL constraints that does not allow us to abide by the rules of the fleets

quote:

Would a traders rep be affected by trading with players with worse possible rep availiable?

Possibly, you know how people talk.

quote:

But how could trader get a bad rep would be a good questions.

(whiny voice)"Ewwwwwww, Kenada trades with the Gammulans. Don't deal with him"

Junk like that I think.

Sounds like you want to align with a group of raiders and do their trading for them or something similiar. Keeping a cut of course. Would make life interesting.

This is gonna be fun.

quote:

posted 10-14-2001 21:20

Sounds like you want to align with a group of raiders and do their trading for them or something similiar. Keeping a cut of course. Would make life interesting.

This is gonna be fun.

Well, my thought is, "YOUR RIGHT!" If this were a game show, you would have won the grand prize. You are dead on the spot! Infact, I have a few friends, including my brother who infact going to raiders... And you know the rest...

Charles LIndsey, I applaud you!

quote:

posted 10-14-2001

I understand what you mean. Anyway, try lurking around for awhile to see where you're more suited to.

Word of advise though, even in BCM:MP the indies will be getting the raw end of the deal as the SC has stated clearly that he will be scripting multiplayer epics for the fleets with a general exception of one or two indies. So if you're thinking of getting involved in large battles, multiplayer and roleplaying, you might want to consider joining the fleets instead.

The above reason, is why Riga and myself are organising Intercorp instead and gearing it more towards GCO as we both have RL constraints that does not allow us to abide by the rules of the

My dream, off course, will have to wait among all other things... But so far, the whole Intercorp idea is very apealing... it might be in my best interest to join, and by me doing so, will get you a few raiders.. The way I see, the more people that band together in the beginning, the better we would be in long run. When GCO frist starts up, it will probably be the hardest time to get going for all of us. I going to be with something since the beginning... That i will be proud of... I cant wait to hear more. To see that much dedication in organizing something, is to see something that good will come out off.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

The above reason, is why Riga and myself are organising Intercorp instead and gearing it more towards GCO as we both have RL constraints that does not allow us to abide by the rules of the fleets

All true, but you can still play your indie role on fleet servers - unless you lack the imagination that it takes to pull it off.

I know someone who might want to help unite a group of 'undesirable' castes, and/or overall indies with bad reps. The bad guy/space cowboy sorta thing. Is that what you're thinking? (Ahh, when I was an Indie, I was planning to do the space cowboy sorta act....... Bad to the bone!!.... Okay, kill the flashback.) Back on subject:

*ahem* Commander Cypher, where are you!!!!??

(I think I'll send good ol' Chris an E-Mail........) This assassin looks like he'll be gearin' up soon.

quote:

SC posted on 10-15-2001

All true, but you can still play your indie role on fleet servers - unless you lack the imagination that it takes to pull it off.

Well, there's your answer Kenada, can't wait for the fleet servers to go online.

[RP]

Rubbing my hands with glee thinking of the numerous ways I can gain credits

[/RP]

Me, lack a imagination? Its gotton me into trouble a few times in my life... Infact, I have to big of one. Ill be checking the forums from my college for a few days... My comp is down... I wonder how the adsent/on leave policy is with Intecorp...

Kenada