A question.

I have been looking around the fleet database and this has come to my mind:

How do i know what ship i will be given when multiplayer comes, or we UCV have the option to choose our own ship.

Laracuente out.

Update: Mercs can choose From heavy cruisers and below.

For more info go to the fleet assets

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr. P. Laracuente ]

BTW I'm not too sure but I think you don't have to make a decision at the moment.Due to the SC's intention of setting up a new forum for owners of the game only, we will have to reregister soon and that's time to decide on your ship. IMHO of course

Like Jeffery said. You've got to ask the admins (usually aramike) to add the ship type in the Fleet DB for you. Just tell them what ship.

Ship specs are in the Appendix, here, but my version is obsolete, as Derek has made some last-minute changes before the game was released. When I get the game, Derek has given me permission to mirror the new version. Oh, well; you can just pick your ship by looks, if you feel like, 'cuz I can't tell what's been changed yet.

I say choose now, get your Fleet DB profile up to par, and then re-register when the Forum upgrade comes. IMHO, of course.

Ok, i've read it but i saw that some races/castes have the word "any super cruisers" or "any heavy cruisers" but mercenaries have "any cruiser". Does that means that i have the option to choose between heavy and super cruisers?

Laracuente out

UPDATE: Mercs can choose from Heavy cruisers and below.

For more info go to thefleet assets

Forget it guys, don't bother on making a reply, i've found the answer.

Laracuente out.

Oh, you mean that. I found my answer in the ships asignment thread. The thing is that when reading the fleet DB (fleet assets) i saw that we Mercs could choose any cruisers but it didn't specify if Super or Heavy cruisers.

Is it clear now?

quote:

Rico meant you should have shared the link or at least said where it was.

Thanks Charles.

Laracuente: Since your question was a really good newby magnet, it would be usefull for them if they could read the answer (or where to find it) just after reading the question. That's all.

You folks might want to look at the appendix with a tad bit more in detail. Just because a cap ship has 12 turrets does not mean sqat. There are several deciding factors when one selects their CC - aside from raw firepower that is.

[*] HJ Transit time

[*] HJ recharge time

Just to name a few A Solnar could take out any CC - all one has to do is wait for the target's HJ to complete. There is a small window of opportunity available to the cmdr that can take advantage of this

MP cometh - beware

TTFN

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Then there's shields, armor, and sub-space high speed.

I'm still in the process of deciding, before everything's permanent. I just might keep my Spacestar, though.

It's down to your personal preference, though. There really doesn't appear to be a ship that excels in every stat. I prefer to have something that's somewhat average. Not the fastest, but it's fast; got okay weapons, good armor, etc.

quote:

Laracuente: Since your question was a really good newby magnet, it would be usefull for them if they could read the answer (or where to find it) just after reading the question. That's all.

Alright.

Now, i will edit my posts with the answer (it's only for mercs) and with a link to the Fleet assets.

Fleet assets

Links are up now.

Talking about ships i think that nova is right. You must choose an average ship.

However what i think is the best thing to do is to choose the ship that fits your requirements. Right now i'm happy with my Questar.