I like to write stuff, so here's what I wrote for you. . .

I like Credians! They have their own sector of the galaxy, that must count for something. And so, while building on the few sentances in the manual appendix, I present a short documentary of the Credians. And I do hope that none of this conflicts with other creations.

THE CREDIANS

The Remnants of an Empire

The Credians are a people indigenous to the planet Ronus IV. One Credian year is equivalent to approximately 1.5 Terran years, so an average Credian will live about 120 years. The Credians are ruled by His Supremity Siglit II, Emperor of the Credians and the Space Beyond, who rules from his palace on Ronus IV. Every Credian planet is ruled by a Duke, who recieves his title by being the oldest child of the previous Duke.

Culturally, Credian society is very much ordered toward the elderly, who are seen as posessing great knowledge. The Credians live a society that would be called Confucian by our standards, with high value on honor, responsability, and obedience. One of the major traits of the Credian peoples is their insatiable wanderlust - they will wander endlessly anywhere they can go, and will only stop when they feel they must care for their families, which often does not happen until the later half of a Credian's life.

The Credian military operates on a system of apprentice system, with all commanders (hilaga) taking on several "seconds" who learn from the commander. The average tour of duty for a second is about 10 years, and comes after a short stint as a cadet where the administration sees if the cadet can become a comptetant commander.

Religiously, the Credians are a rather agnostic people, but they do have an indigenous religion under the name of Kujilamagara, which worships a single supernatural diety (Lamagara) that created a material universe. The teachings of this religion are in the book known as the Senei Poroufa Kujilamagara, which can be bought at any Credian bookstore for a small sum. Run, don't walk.

quote:

It is rumored that they have traveled throughout the galaxy and perhaps beyond.

And rumoured it should be, as only the inner recesses of the Syrion quadrant have not been tread upon by Credian explorers. Plus, there are some stories of the "Milisa fleet," a fleet of ships that waits outside of this galaxy for when it is needed, but when asked further, most Credians will get suspicious.

As for their history, the Credians have been plying space since the 16th human century, but they didn't accomplish anything meaningful from it until 2141, when they colonized Herin. From there, space exploration (as opposed to deep-sea exploration) became the new craze among the scientific community, and soon, expeditions reached all across the galaxy.

In 2521, after the surrounding solar system had been thoroughly explored (with some journeys taking as much as 40 years, powered primarily by the mountains of money that was thrown at the space program), the first ship capable of long-range space travel, the Duritorin, was commissioned, and went into the Arenis system, and then into the Kryon system, establishing contact with the Kandorians. The Credians cooperated with the Kandorians, and later their sister race, the Mandorians. A relatively prosperous relationship came about. The Credians considered themselves and Empire, built on the back of hundreds of star stations floating about space. The 'dorians were fast allies of the Crediens, but the Credians were careful about showing them any technology too spectacular for fear that the 'dorians would copy it and rise up against the Credians.

Later, this was to their regret, as in 2741, the Gammulans and Valkyries came a-knockin'. The 'dorians, who were almost disgustingly low-tech compared to the Credians and Gammulans, were completly unready for a Gammulan assault, and were almost overcome. The Credians fought their hardest, and had to retreat to various hidden outer starstations to recover. And recover they did. . .

In 2891, the Credians unleashed the largest military fleet ever seen by the universe, and washed over the enemy in a display of sheer brute force. It is from this era that we have the first prototype of the OTS-RANDOM missile, and it was used against Herin, turning it into the rocky desolation it is now to flush away the Gammulans there. Approximately 400 carriers, 600 cruisers, 1600 fighters, and at least 20 million soldiers were raised for the effort, and they succeeded in washing the enemies out of their sector, costing almost all of these ships and soldiers. Over the fighting, many of the star stations built by the Credians were destroyed, and the once-proud Credian Empire was now a mere shadow of its former self, stripped of most of its assets. The Gammulans, however, were driven out of the system, and have never gotten a foothold back.

In early 2962, humans came. The Credians regarded humans as lesser beings, and maintained only a statuatory peace with them. This statuatory peace lasted until the formation of Galcom, and under the leadership of the emperor Siglit II, the Credians refused a membership in the Galactic Command.

In 2999, the Credian captain Tilak Fal found a downed Zelon ship in the Tau Ranis system. While Tilak Fal did not report it, he secretly stole an artifact from the ship. The Zelons found out, and now, a state of war exists between the Zelons and the Credians.

Und zere you have it, an exhaustive report on the history and society of the Credians. Perhaps now people will understand the great coolness of the Credians. I think I'll move on to do some other lesser-used alien nations. . . Enjoy!

Hmm, seems like the Credians are gaining popularity thesedays.

The above link is from a thread in the general fleet discussions section and is also about Credianity, although geared toward it's military. And it illustrates why Epsilon said the SC needs to approve whatever we come up with. And he is not likely to accept anything if your newby alter-ego can not be older than a week or two or so. So, I advise you to be carefull not to step on his toes. Especially the origin of the RANDOM missile could form a problem there. Unless you know more about that thing than I do. Maybe it's because I haven't been through all the ACMs of bc3k yet. (let alone bcm) Still, your creative input will be very much appreciated. Welcome to our community.

Oooh! Cool! It sounds great, man. Join the RPing ranks of the forums, and keep up the great work.

You really should send that to the SC.... Maybe post that on the RP boards, too. I'd like to see what some of the old-timers say on this.

Heh. There was a time when no one knew about any of the Alien Nation's social/military structures. Shingen asks this, and then that pops into someone's head, and *bingo*--what do you know? We've got a Gammulan Military being built. (Well, that's from my twisted angle, at least. I missed a whole bunch of the early Gam Military stuff, 'cuz I was out.)

(Completely off subject--It's been a while since I read some of the threads in the back-pages of the RP forums.... I had no idea that $ilk was a mercenary.. (See here.) Cool. So the two major Public Relations people in Orion, the Newbie Welcome Wagon and Recruitment Officer, are both ex-mercenaries.... What a concept.)

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

quote:

Originally posted by Rico Jansen:

The above link is from a thread in the general fleet discussions section and is also about Credianity, although geared toward it's military. And it illustrates why Epsilon said the SC needs to approve whatever we come up with. And he is not likely to accept anything if your newby alter-ego can not be older than a week or two or so. So, I advise you to be carefull not to step on his toes. Especially the origin of the RANDOM missile could form a problem there. Unless you know more about that thing than I do. Maybe it's because I haven't been through all the ACMs of bc3k yet. (let alone bcm) Still, your creative input will be very much appreciated. Welcome to our community.

I don't pretend it would be official. I just liked making it. Seriously, I flash-put this together (about 40 minutes), going from what I know from the appendix, and I just wanted to create something you all might find interesting. Yes, I know it is not perfect, but still, if nothing else, you can pick at it.

And yes, I know I haven't gone over all the other "nonofficial" information that's been produced. I just did this with the appendix that came with the game.

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Kadil Ram ]

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Kadil Ram ]