Misc. Race/Caste Affiliations Pinboard

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

...plus two indies does not make a corp.

EDIT

well I just reged again as a Ter/Rai, but there
is no indie fleet
, so I went with S.C.I.D., the default choice, but I ain't apart of Earthcom.

Someone needs to work this out, or just get rid of indies altogether.

It just don't make a whole lotta sense.

As I said before, you should have come up with a new fleet name BEFORE registering.

And in response to your PM, Intracorp is obsolete and is disbanded as of now. So, if you want to start a new Ter/Rai fleet within that alliance, just post the name you choose for it and myself or one of the admins (e.g. Gudihl) will create it within that Ter/Rai alliance. You can then register, choose your created fleet as the desired one and wait for an admin to upgrade your profile security level to 3, so you can start doing stuff.

Please don't make me repeat this crap again.

I have now deleted your profile from S.C.I.D

quote:

Originally posted by MadFox:

...exactly, how can you make a trader and a raider work togheder?

It might be just me, but I kinda prey on traders.

You don't. Terran/Raider and Terran/Trader for example, are DIFFERENT alliances. Which means that each can have their own fleets, groups, corps or whatever. So, if you want to be a Terran/Trader, pick a proposed name etc and the same thing posted above to Shingen, will apply.

At this time, only ONE new fleet/group/corp or whatever, will be allowed in the non-military alliances. So, e.g. when Shingen creates his, anyone wanting to join a Ter/Rai alliance, has to join his as no new ones will be created until the numbers are up.

Guest Shingen

I think I'm going to go with The Devil's Hand as the name for the Raider fleet. I was considering Death's Head Consortium, but Raiders by nature are violent and agressive so The Devil's Hand seems to fit better.

What else to I need to do with this fleet? Write a charter? Website? Chain of Command?

I've never organized a fleet before so I'm playing this by ear.

quote:

What else to I need to do with this fleet? Write a charter? Website? Chain of Command?

Yes, yes, and yes.

quote:

I've never organized a fleet before so I'm playing this by ear.

You will do fine. This is not a military organisation, so there is no need to provide some full fleged Chain of Command at the moment IMHO. That's the advantage of being an Indie...

Best regards

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Gudihl:

Hmm, got problems with the apostoph '

Would "Hand of The Devil" do, too?

"Hand of the Devil" doesn't work for me.

Too "hollywood".

The Devils Hand would work, but why no apostrophe??

quote:

why no apostrophe??

I get some SQL error. And I have no intention to try tricks with escape characters in this situation. Okay, I just have created a new fleet "The Devils Hand", and you can register in the Fleet DB...

Best regards

Guest Shingen

Do I get to organize this thing anyway I want?

I noticed in the DB that there are also Empirian, Gammulan, and Vesperon Raider Alliances. Are there going to be seperate fleets for each race?

I think I want to add three wings for this fleet. An intel/covert ops wing, a raiding/ general carnage wing, and a command wing.

I haven't had time yet to work out the details, but exactly what powers do I have, and what am I limited to. (yes I read the fleet faq)

quote:

Do I get to organize this thing anyway I want?

Heh, all your ideas are subject to overruling by the SC, as usual.

Do you know KISS? Keep it simple, keep it small.

quote:

I noticed in the DB that there are also Empirian, Gammulan, and Vesperon Raider Alliances. Are there going to be seperate fleets for each race?

Yes. Different races, thus different organisations!

quote:

I think I want to add three wings for this fleet. An intel/covert ops wing, a raiding/ general carnage wing, and a command wing.

IMO a special command wing is not necessary. The commander, and co-commander of a fleet both usually have at least security level 2. A wing is IMO a part of a fleet, wich can operate on its own. Would you send your command wing (including yourself) into a combat/war all on its own?

quote:

I haven't had time yet to work out the details, but exactly what powers do I have, and what am I limited to. (yes I read the fleet faq)

Read this!

I made you fleet leader, because at this moment, only one fleet per raider / trade caste is allowed.

[*]Set up a structure. Maybe two wings: Intel/Covert Ops, and Raiding/General Carnage are a good start

[*]Present this structure, if ready, to the SC for approval

[*]Set up some rudimentary web page for your fleet, providing some info about your fleet, the structure, and some means to contact you, or your co-commander

[*]Recruit people. If your fleet keeps extremly small (say: one member, you), it neither will survive in MP, nor in the DB...

[*]Engage in MP

Best regards

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Gudihl:

Heh, all your ideas are subject to overruling by the SC, as usual.

Do you know KISS? Keep it simple, keep it small.

Keep it secret it. Keep it safe? ..or did you mean God of Thunder or Detroit Rockcity?

quote:

Yes. Different races, thus different organisations!

It'll be hard enough to fill one indie raider fleet.

quote:

IMO a special command wing is not necessary. The commander, and co-commander of a fleet both usually have at least security level 2. A wing is IMO a part of a fleet, wich can operate on its own. Would you send your command wing (including yourself) into a combat/war all on its own?

Well, being that this isn't a normal military fleet, and getting enough bodies to fill everything will be tough, I'd have to say...yes.

The main (command) wing would find the targets, the carnage wing would hit them hard and fast, and the intel wing would keep everyone guessing, playing all sides against the middle.

The whole thing would be like a cross between a wolf pack and a pride of lions. Sometimes coordinated, but mostly independent and self-serving.

Guest Shingen

There might be a potential problem with raiders in MP.

With all but two stations hostile, and those two mul/rai stations having the same inflation rates, it's going to be hard to make any money for weapons and fuel in an extended MP game.

Especially since there's no pod hunting in MP yet.

Guest Shingen

quote:

We depend on mining, I guess. If only the server could save our stats... *cries*

Which means raiders are in fact miners in MP, and not really raiders.

quote:

quote:

We depend on mining, I guess. If only the server could save our stats... *cries*

Which means raiders are in fact miners in MP, and not really raiders.

Not once I implement the ability for pods to contain items.

• 2 weeks later...

Shingen, I ran a klingon fleet for the Starfleet Academy game from 1997 to 2000... we were very successful and we stay in contact to this day because we were so tight. Just remember to surround yourself with quality people and you'll come out smelling like a rose. If I can be of any help I am at your disposal.

That said, I have faith in you... and look forward to being a part of your fleet.

Gentlemen, I look forward to teaming up with you also. If you ever wan't to start some fleet action just buzz me on msn or icq... or Xfire when I'm having a game.

In the meantime I'll be on the servers at random picking out the helpless cargo haulers and showing no mercy to those who oppose me.