Leaving Rinaal

Supreme Cmdr

I just saw a post in which Tac was talking about leaving Rinaal. I don't usually pay more 5% attention to Tac's whining, so, can someone tell me whats wrong with Rinaal and how this came about?

Sure, I can move the station - as soon as GALCOM clears up its account with the ACME Galactic Moving Co. But I need a good reason - and I do mean - good.

Gallion: Ye can reference the post here.

I haven't heard directly from Tac about why we should move the SS, but it may have to do with the fact that when Online comes out, our Fleet will be a sitting duck. In the current RP, located here, the SS has been blown to bits to save it from Gammulan occupation. Tac may want to move to save us from this potential fate when Online comes out. Having your SS destroyed on Day 1 isn't exactly press worthy material. wink.gif Of course, this is my complete assumption and supposition. I could be wrong. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

Whining? Hmm.. now I feel like the black sheep of this family... (I kinda like it though wink.gif )

Ben is correct chief. Adding to that reason, Wraith Fleet was never designed to be a stand-alone fleet, we provide Galcom and Terran allies with special forces, thus we depend on other fleets and Galcom for our mainstay defense and operations. We are part of the team effort, not a team that tries to become the whole. I've never heard of a special forces unit having its biggest facility smack in the front line either, that's what Firebases(read:starbases) are for... and that's why Wraith starbases are scattered across the map.

In MP I see a great big struggle between Gammulans, Galcom and Insurgents, and Wraith HQ is completely isolated in such a situation.The current numbers of Insurgents now almost foreshadows a BIG conflict with them. If Wraith HQ falls, players will have to launch from Galcom HQ..and then run through the insurgents, then the gammulan (or whoever took it) defenders to "recapture" the fallen starstation...something they are likely to achieve and then lose it again when the insurgents take advantage of the weakened situation of Galcom ships that have just bled to recapture the station. It's almost a lose-lose situation for Galcom.

In the current game, Rinaal is great,but in MP it will be a pain and a bloody mess to preserve.But like I said before, we are part of the team effort, if you think Galcom needs a starstation that far, so be it smile.gif.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Ok, since this is about BCM here comes the big DQ:

Where ye gonna park the SS at Tac?

Credian Quad is packed with all kinds of SSs already.

Gam Quad be to far forward. Syrion Quad be off the beaten trail.

That would leave the Terran Quad IMO. Sirius/Lennon or Sirius/Lyrius. Locate Wraith SS in either system and that would forward deploy Fleet HQ from G-Hq, providing the speedbump effect fer any hostiles trying to get to Sol.

Either that or park the SS around one of the planets in Sol system that don't have a SS around it already - say Mercury wink.gif

I never thought I'd live to see the day when Tac would make a good argument that didn't warrant a one-line from me wink.gif

OK, let me know where you want to locate it. And like I said, I don't want to see the towing bill or am handing out pink slips smile.gif

Admit it Chief, you like one-lines wink.gif No lenghty explanations *G*.

Will give you a location later tonight, im not at home now.

Good question Gallion, but in MP Anywhere but Rinaal seems a good choice. It also fits your RPG storyline smile.gif

You know, the RPG and what's going on is falling into place nicely.. Gallion was able to RPG the death of all our MIA commander in our roster (oh yeah, I enjoyed that!), we nuked our starstation to kingdom come, and now the SC gives us the chance to relocate! smile.gif

BTW, Chief, Gallion, anyone interested in WW2 simulators: Check out www.hitechcreations.com , you can get a 2 week free play trial period.. the planes are incredibly well modeled, teamwork is a must to survive, and all players there are sim vets! See you in the unfriendly skies! (And if you fly the P-38, join my squadron, the 475th "Lightning Riders" hehe!). C

Cheers!

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

As for the location of the new SS, I agree with Gallion. If our station is going to be the "speedbump" of an attack on Sol, it should be held somewhere close to home. Unfortunately, Gallion's idea of placing the new SS in Lennen/Sirius wouldn't work, as there is already a Mixed/Raider station in the region. Therefore, I would like to put my two bits forward for relocating to Lyrius/Sirius. No station there, so it is ripe for our pickings. As always, I will follow your orders/decisions. smile.gif

Respectfully,

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer