Wraith Fleet News

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know:

I've been real busy lately getting my paperwork for my last semester of college, my VISA papers for my trip to Japan, getting airline tickets (oy!), studying and working full time to save money for the trip mentioned above.

Work on the Wraith Website has been halted until I can get all the above straightened out, I'm also searching for a FLASH guru to help me with the menus and general interface (everyone hated my mondo-time consuming java cube and the eternally long java imagemaps biggrin.gif ). If any of you know someone who is good at Flash and is willing to help out, have him/her send me an e-mail (her with a pic please *grin*)

I got a candidate for the flash part, but he's busy building his own flash site for another game...he's almost finished, so I hop for the best.

Wing Commanders : If you got a "theme song" for your Wings send them to me, we may put them up in the flash pages (re-read, "MAY").

• 3 weeks later...

Ben, Blades Thanks for the offer. I will keep it in mind smile.gif Now if you will forgive me, I must delete your posts, read the first post about chatter. You may post anything you want, but once its read and no longer needed it will be deleted, don't take it personally wink.gif

Now to the news:

As of today, Wraith Fleet Fighter Command is officially created. Commander David Liev , a veteran fighter pilot stationed at Centris has joined the Wraith Fleet and given the position of Fighter Commander.

Commander Liev will begin posting on the Fighter Command forum as soon as he arrives to Wraith HQ.

...which bring me to the next Newsflash:

To ease communications between the Wraith units, the Fleet Command and Fighter Command forums have been created.

...more news:

Wraith Fighter Group 1 (WFG1) has been created. Anyone from ANY fleet may enlist as a Wraith Fighter Pilot. They will be enlisted as GALCOM pilots in the service of Wraith. The highest command position a non-Wraith member may achieve in Fighter Command is that of Flight Leader (command his own team of 4 pilots).

Only Wraith Fleet members may be in command of Fighter Squadrons (in command of 4 flights) or Fighter Groups (in command of 4 Squadrons).

This way, any commander from any fleet may fight alongside the Wraith Fleet and have fun... after all, no one wants to be stuck as a BC commander for life, nor is it wise to have dozens of BC commanders and no fighter pilots. After all, this is all about having fun! biggrin.gif

Final Newsflash:

Any Wraith member can be part of a BC Squadron, a Fighter Flight or a Marine Team. Depending on the needs of the fleet, the player can serve in any of those functions. Long live Cloning! biggrin.gif

Current Wraith Fleet Members are encouraged to enlist into Fighter Command. When you aren't bossing your CO around, you may want to hop on to a snubfighter and fly with your flight team-mates!

Wing Commanders, this is a good chance for you to become a sub-altern of one of your underlings and see how they fight in your service.

• 2 weeks later...

Directly from the SC's Dev Dairy.... the toys *JUST* keep rolling in! biggrin.gif

The asset database is as follows: (all vehicles, crafts, stations are player controllable in single or multi player). Yep, its big alright, bigger than BC3K v2.0x was. And all brand new, built from the ground up, over a thirteen month period.

26 threat units (SAMs, SALs, STOs etc)

12 ground vehicles (jeeps, buggies etc)

3 naval vehicles (carriers, gunboats etc)

9 carriers

10 cruisers

24 fighters

3 unarmed shuttle transports

3 unarmed cargo transports

5 armed cargo transports

11 space starstations (distributed amongst the 58 starstations)

10 planetary starbases (distributed amongst the 42 starbases)

55 misc. buildings (used to construct the 7000+ planetary mission zones)

28 misc. objects (ODS systems, cargo pods, missiles, first-person

models+weapons)