Marauder Wing

Marauders are the jack-of-all-trades of the Wraith, making them Galcom's Swiss Army knife...a knife Wraith Fleet has finely sharpened.Marauders know a bit of every Wing's specialty.Marauder applicants must pass Wraith Training and Marauder Training. Commander Ramius is in command of the Marauders.

UPDATE: Thread deleted/re-created to clean it up. Any relevant information from the Wing Commander will be re-posted as seen below.

From the Wing Commander's previous Post:

All Future Marauders Read This information is for everyone not just Commander Smith.

Commander J.Smith welcome aboard. I believe you are here due to a clerical error. Note that this does not mean that you are to be treated any different then any other inlistee, but does however mean that you report to this wing and this wing alone from this point forward.

Consider your soul sold, you are a Marauder now.

Now that we have dispensed with the pleasantries a few things. Your signature contains errors. Fix this immediately Commander. Note the name of your posting, it's spelled incorrectly. It should be spelled Fenrir.

Gramaticaly your sig is erroneous as well. Place a space after every comma.

This is not nit-picking this is discipline. Without it your career in this wing will be short lived and painfull, I'll see to that.

On the other hand diligence, hard work and the ability to think on your feet will be rewarded. I will definitly see to that.

Our wing is impotant in a unique way to every other wing in the fleet as we will be lending support to any other wing that is need of it and are expected to know the specialties of every wing in Wraith.

I want quick, responsive, intelligent and skilled commanders in charge here. As such if I am to have a second in command of Marauder wing I will hand pick my X.O. For now I believe you are requesting command of the Marauder's 3'rd Squadron. I will grant it. Serve it well commander.

As this wing fills up other command positions will be assigned. Let me be absolutly and perfectly crystal clear. You will NOT out rank any other Squadron Commander unless I say otherwise. If the structure doc says something different it needs to be changed.

To all future Squad. Commanders: Failure to hold the responsibilities needed as a Squadron Commander will mean demotion. Right now it's first come, first assigned but once MP comes out things could change and I will arrange my fleet till it is a perfectly balanced structure. People will be in command because they have specific strengths that counters other Commander's weaknesses. I have absolute faith that you will serve Wraith to the best of your abilities Commander J.Smith. Just getting my logistics stated now so there's no surprises down the road.

This Wing as a whole needs to be as balanced in it's abilities as possible. No one commander will posses the skills needed to accomplish this, that's why I'm going to be very particular about who is in command of what Squadron. I expect this type of structuring to be followed all the way down the chain.

If possible I will begin working together with Fleet Commander Londono (Tac) and hopefuly his X.O. Gallion to put up some private servers where Wraith Fleet can practice BC combat and we can see who is who in our respective wings. I already have a rather beefy server and net connection planned for this on my end if everything pans out (fingers crossed). Your skills WILL be put to the test.

That's my welcome aboard. If you have any questions by all means feel free to speak up. Otherwise welcome aboard Commander to you and all future Marauder wing members.

Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

------------------

Commander Ramius

GCV Black Star

1'st Squadron, *Marauder Wing

Stationed, Fenrir Starbase

"Liberate tetute mae. Ex e ferris"

PST

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 04-23-2000).]

I saw Rippen post an update on his wing's forum so I thought I'de throw up my own. Last October I joined a department of the company that I've been working out for the past 4 1/2 years now who's position I thought was going to be technicaly challenging and relatively normal pace. Unfortunatly it has turned into the opposite with the introduction of a new director who's main priority seems to be revenue over infrastructure. The help I was supposed to get in May has now become something not needed till next year apparently, leaving me the sole person qualified in this department to run the network, the lab, and track the condition of four road kits (self contained networks with our company's product which is a rack mountable device weighing roughly 50 pounds that doesn't travel very well...). I have no time to be sick or take vacation and I'm generally working about 12-14 hours a day 6 days a week.

However I'm now fully vested so I'm looking to leave ASAP and plan to take something a little less nuts in terms of a new job.

Till that happens the only thing I can contribute is posts to the forum when I find time. I've done maybe 4 hours of gaming this month if that.

Once I'm free of these obligations (which I expect to happen very soon) then I'll be able to dive back into the BC3K universe and run this wing properly so please bear with me in the meantime...

------------------

Commander Ramius

GCV Black Star

1'st Squadron, *Marauder Wing

Stationed, Fenrir Starbase

"Liberate tetute mae. Ex e ferris"

PST

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 05-12-2000).]