Join Fighter Command

Whisper

Straight from our Fleet Commanders mouth:

"All Wraith personnel will be in Fighter

Command as well."

You heard it! From the sounds of it, all non-executives in Wraith Fleet (i.e. Battlecruiser Cmdr.) are strongly encourged under penalty of death and no dessert to sign up with Wraith Fighter Command. Don't worry, I'll make sure all you pansies get nice safe cargo runs. smile.gif

Promotions are based on seniority, so sign up quick before you're hauling magazines and combat kits fer the rest of your life. smile.gif

------------------

Commander David "Whisper" Liev

*Wraith Fleet Fighter Command

Wraith HQ

"We Will Be There"

=Wraith Fleet=

LOL! That's a good way to pull them in.. no dessert! biggrin.gif

Sign me as a pilot Whisper, I'll enjoy watching my underlings ordering me around (and I get all the dessert muahahah)

I Disagree nor I will not be part of Fighter Command. I will support Fighter Command as I would any other part of Wraith Fleet.

Somebody has to ferry the pea-shooters about and cover their backsides biggrin.gif

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

Ok, I'm in. Just can't resist those Empirian chocolate malts. biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=

Alright...you're all in. Except for ol' spoilsport Gallion. smile.gif

Now that we there are enough people, I have activated a new flight, somewhat S.O.G. As time goes by, you new recruits will find yourself promoted up to command postionsm like Squaderon and Fighter Group COmmander. This new flight group, known henceforth as Flight Wraith, is composed of the vets...well, the people who will be vets after the game comes out. smile.gif Every once in a while I might decide that you old boys need some action, so I'll bring Flight Wraith togehter and remind you fellows what's it's like to fly. smile.gif

Flgiht Wraith is not attached to any squadron or fighter group, and it won't go into action very frequently. It's mostly there as a reminder to all the pilots (once we get them) that the big boys were once n the cockpit too.

Shiva, Bandus, and J.Smith are now the members of Flight Wraith, lead by the first pilot of them all, Ranger.

Just thought you'd like to know, in case one day I send you commanders off to take out New America all by yourselfs. smile.gif

------------------

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"We Will Be There"

=Wraith Fleet=

I welcome the challenge biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

ICQ#67121847 EST

=WRAITH FLEET=

Guest Damasceus Klark

Howdy, Davy-boy!!!

Howzit going in the area of general nothingness and longing? Sorry, I'm feeling a bit woozy (probably due to some sort of fluid (like Tang (the drink of the astronauts (hey, I'm one of them! (cool))))).

Anywho, put me on that list of yours, oh, wait, I'm already on it. Just to make it official and to show that I approve of me being on there and all of that fancy jazz (that's the Tang talking).

Uh, yeah. Bye.

------------------

Damasceus "Shiva" Klark

Pilot, Wraith Fighter Command

Wraith Fleet HQ

"You go squish now!"

=Wraith Fleet=

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Damasceus Klark

Well, ain't nobody else signing up?

You should have one of them hiring campaigns! You know, with great benefits (like a nice pension plan), cloning insurance, more pay per longer service, all the Tang one could want, all sorts of great stuff.

You could always yell around the boards about it, or ask real nicely to everybody.

With only 6-7 people, I can imagine how defensive battles would go. You'd have a Starcarrier or some other Big-Arse-Carrier (B.A.C.) flying towards some base we're supposed to be protecting (or whatever it is that we do around here (what DO we do around here, anyways?)) and we overhear some comms chatter:

B.A.C. Commander: Hey, I'm seeing 7 enemies popping up! They're...oh. Hehe, it's just some pesky fighters!

Of course we'd probably have a B.A.C. of our own, but still! We'd be pesky gnats to the really good Commanders out there!

Hmmm, oh well. You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't, that ain't what I always say!

Hey, hold up a sec here. I'm not Galcom but I think your overestimating that B.A.C ( biggrin.gif ). Unless Sc changes it, your fighters will carry approximately 10 or so missiles depending on the type we are allowed to fly. that means you are small fast moving targets capable of unleashing around 70 vagrants at this poor B.A.C. Assuming that you release the missile at a pioint where all 70 hit, you just tossed out 35,000 on blast nrg. I don't thing your B.A.C. will survive. Of course it has fighters of it's own and missiles of their own, so think about this if 4 fighters cary vagrants and are tasked with killin the B.A.C. you would still deal out 20,000 blast nrg. Still plenty to kill it, and you have 3 fighters flying cover. I've also not even included the lasers on your fighter that you would probably use as well. You have plenty of firepower to kill it, and your speed makes it hard to hit you. Include in the rest flying cover for the "bombers" and you should be able to kill it or drive it off, not saying it would be easy though.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

I beg to differ with all you pea-shooter drivers. As one of the B.A.C. drivers I can attest to the complete destruction of any and all pea-shooters that try their pea-shots on/at my B.A.C.

This is not an idle boast, just stating the fact(s). M/P cometh soon and as with the result(s) there of.

Any and all are welcome to try their luck, Fleet affiliation makes no never mind to me.

TTFN pea-shooters biggrin.gif

I drive the B.A.C.'s as well, but I thiunk your will have problems with vagrants launched at point blank range into that big target of yours, just don't under estimate them.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

hmmmm...somewhat off topic but will continue anyway (sorry Tac smile.gif )

I disagree. The B.A.C. (as the BCs and Carriers are being called) can effectively eliminate or neutralize incomming threats no matter how close or the where Vagrants or other missiles are launched from.

RTFM and experiment against Widows, etc. and mayhaps ye shall see.

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 06-12-2000).]

I've never had trouble with NPC's missiles etc, but the methods of human pilots can be much harder to compensate for. Watch that invincible air your taking on with the fighters, in the hands of humans the fighters can be much more effective. All I'm giving is a warning not to judge your enemy too quickly. 8 small, fast moving targets fully armed with powerful missiles can be much more difficult to deal with than you might think. you have 8 vagrants homing in from miniumum range, all it will take is 3 getting through to knock down your shields. After that, your armor and that doesn't recharge. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 06-12-2000).]

Well said. Gallion he's right, NPC fighters are limited to planned atack strategies, while human pilots can improvise. Coming up with unexpected manuvers and plans of their own.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

ICQ#67121847 EST

=WRAITH FLEET=

[rp, somewhat]

All right, Gallion, I offically challenge you to a fight! Me, and my fellow "pea-shooters" as you so eliquently put it, will wipe that air of smugness from your face after BCM comes out!

As soon as possibly, I am going to personelly oversee the training of Wraith pilots! Training! Let's see how your big, fancy B.A.C. (love that acronym!) will fare under a well trained flight of the fighting forces of WFC (Wraith Fighter COmmand)! I bet when you were wipping up space with the poor, innocent NPC's you didn't see a Interceptor fly backwards while pumping a fistul of Vagrents into your nice plush B.A.C.'s bridge! Better yet, when was the last time you saw two NPCs performing a complex evasive maneuver while leading you into the gaping jaws of death? Perhaps that smile from your face, oh dear CO, while be found missing when a crafty shuttle renders your oh so mighty carrier a sitting duck for the forces of the many and skilled!

But we don't need you to be holding still. Oh no! A massive carrier lumbbers along slow enough that it might as well be stopped, compared with the speed and grace of a Viper!

And who needs Vagrent missiles? Are you familliar with "counting cu"? biggrin.gif

Give me a squadron, and I'll give you the smoldering remains of a pompous commander! HAHAHAHAHA! biggrin.gif

A fight then, you who cowers behind tons of titanium, big guns, shields, turrets, missles, mines...uh...no, no! smile.gif Yes! We CAN and we WILL defeat you! You who hides behind massive weapons of massive destruction! Wraith Fighter Command will show you what REALLY triumphs in modern space combat: brute and unfocused power, or the sharp cutting lasers of skilled men and women piloting fine weapons of death! I'm betting on the cutting edge!

[rp]

While it will be a few months, Gallion, mark my words. When we have finished our training programs, we will TAKE YOU ON!

Message to pilots: a life insurance upgrade package is being offered by Galactic Goodbye Insurence Inc. Upgrade today, recive two additional clones, and a little more compensation in case you forgot to submit your blood samples. rolleyes.gif

------------------

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"We Will Be There"

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 06-13-2000).]

And in regards to recruiting, I'm just going to wait around a bit untill the actual GAME comes out. smile.gif I plan on grabbing people of the public servers.

What do we do? Well, I could answer that, but intead I'll do something that is much more time consuming and ultimately better. I'm working on a WFC "handbook" so to speak, so that "what we do" will be explained to

excruciating detail, like the RTFM that everyone keeps talking about. smile.gif As soon it is done and approved and stuff, I'll send it out to all of ya.

Oh, and I'd appreciate it if post concerning how puny and weak fighters are would be put into the "Fighter Command" topic thread. This place is fo recruiting, not chasing away, Gallion. smile.gif

------------------

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"We Will Be There"

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 06-13-2000).]

Guest Damasceus Klark

Hey, Davy-Boy, and Gallion! Anybody else probably shouldn't read this (not even ol' Davy-Boy does, so don't feel obligated).

Lighten up a teensy bit, kay?

Gallion just seems to be under the impression that bigger is better (probably just a little too many Toyota adds (or whoever that slogan belonged to (does anybody know?))). And while an extremely skilled pilot can be quite the match against one of the larger, "clunkier", B.A.C.s, he may also meet his match against an extremely experienced commander.

But, you know (or ya don't), them fighters can be pretty sneaky. Say a B.A.C. commander is out for a stroll or cruising on a nice little joy ride, when, all of the sudden, David Bowie po... I mean a flight of fighters pops up and opens up a big ol' can of plageurizing whoop-arse on the a.i. commanded ship (if that is how it still goes (anyone can correct me if I am playing in 3000 still (not millenium))). A few good hits is all it takes (and a few vagrants couldn't hurt too much, Davy). And what if that B.A.C. commander accidently left the weapons off, or maybe they were recently playing with the tractor beam and oops, ain't no shields (unless this is now currently different (anybody correct me if I am wrong)).

So, Davy (if yer reading this): Don't disreguard a good commander is driving around the space ways.

And Gallion (if yer reading this): Don't disreaguard a darn fine pilot.

And remember, we're all part of Wraith (so don't go around killing each other (unless you want to (which I have no problem with (do what you want (you probably shouldn't even pay any attention to little ol' me (or my Tang)))))).

And remember: I could be wrong!

Bye everybody!

------------------

Damasceus "Shiva" Klark

Wraith Fleet HQ

"Ye gods man, are you insane?!?"

=Wraith Fleet=

Lighten up? - never! smile.gif

Ok gents, let us just say that we will not agree on this subject.

J.Smith - yep ye be correct on that; NPC fighters cannot compare to fighters flown by humans.

Klark - Bigger is better? NOT!

BCs handle like molassas being poored on a warm July day at the north pole. IOW BCs are BF pigs compared to fighters. IMO - The advantage of fighters is their agility compared to other capitol ships (BCs, Carriers, etc.). In that regard fighters do have the advantage over BCs, etc. However, they cannot match the firepower carried by those lumbering giants; even fully loaded with Vagrants.

The only way to successful close this debate is to try it out when BCM is released. With that said, I gladly accept ye challenge Whisper tongue.gif

As to chasing away possible recruits - BFS I say. Heathy debate within any unit or organinization is good and may even help out recruiting efforts.

TTFN pea-shooters biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 06-14-2000).]

Heh, I think Gallion will get splashed in less than 5 minutes when he faces those peashooters.

Take an INT against the biggest and most heavily armed cap ship gallion... load the int with vagrants...and shoot them at point blank range.. in 3 passes that ship is toast. PTA fire? Hehee.. easy to dodge wink.gif

Hook me up to the strike team vs Gallion biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Excellant **BFETEG** Looking forward to this practical demonstration.

Any other takers ... ? Come one come all the pea-shooters vrs the B.A.C. will take place once BC:M be released so practice up out there all you pea-shooter drivers eek.gif

TTFN and I am looking forward to this with pleasure and glee tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 06-15-2000).]

Guest Damasceus Klark

Well, when everybody else id doing it, I suppose that I'll be there, to. Especially since my boss/underling (???) is going to be there.

I am assuming a little bit that the ships have changed in the time between 3000 and Millenium (which seems odd to me (what year is Millenium, anyways? (seems like it'd be on the year 3000 (or 3001 for all those weirdos out there)))).

Bye bye!

------------------

Damasceus "Shiva" Klark

Wraith Fleet HQ

"Ye gods man, are you insane?!?"

=Wraith Fleet=

Great comic! biggrin.gif Some people can really cut to the bone! Let me tell you folks something, though...after you get through all these training programs I'm preparing, that maintence fellow isn't going to see you big apes very often! smile.gif

------------------

*Fighter Commander

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc."

=Wraith Fleet=