Gallion

Sorry, my post is edited now.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

[rp]

Sitting in his spartan planet-bound office, Gallion

[/rp]

Sorry, I couldn't resist this tongue.gif

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 06-20-2000).]

Guest Damasceus Klark

Mr thinks that this topic should be in the RP Board, no?

------------------

Damasceus "Shiva" Klark

Pilot, Wraith Fighter Command

Wraith Fleet HQ

"Ye gods man, are you insane?!?"

=Wraith Fleet=

No, I disagree with moving this thread. Just because there are numerous posts using RP tags does not constitute actual RP endeavor.

Somewhere within my last post is my latest take on the Fighter v. BC debate.

RP tags are used so as not to personnally offend/attack anyone. IOW when RP tags are used dang near anything can be posted. Make a post without a RP tag use that attacks or may offend another member on this forum can/could cause mega hardship(s) down the road for ALCON.

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 06-20-2000).]

Guest Damasceus Klark

Oh.

------------------

Damasceus "Shiva" Klark

Pilot, Wraith Fighter Command

Wraith Fleet HQ

"Ye gods man, are you insane?!?"

=Wraith Fleet=

I've played a few WWII fighter sims in my day, and I've comed to realize that there is no comparison between "air" sims and space sims. The dynamics are completlly different, the weapons act differently, there's no ground to crash into, all sorts of stuff. But two of the things that are most important are this: shields and hyperdrive. With a hyperdrive, a craft can retreat very quickly, "heal" by charging the shields back up, and rejoin the fray fresh.

Yes, turrets are real nasty, and in v2.0*, BC handeling is very quick. But this "showdown" will be using the BC:M engine, which our dear SC said was rather different, and BC aren't gonna move and groove like they used to. So perhaps Gallion's "Capitin Insaneo" tactics won't be valid.

I saw your point about dodging and catching up at the same time. But if a pilot was not trying for a missile hit and just trying to use lasers, one would not need to be that close to a BC. If enough fighters are dodging and swearving and making hits 5-7 klicks away from the BC, that captial ship is gonna have a rough time at it.

Might I add, though, on a sperate note. The "duel" we are disscusing between a BC (or similar capital ship) and 2-3 flights of fighters probably would not oocur to often in the game. What would be more likely is something like this: a strike force (2 capital ships carrying a flight each, in conjunction with an additonal flight of fighters) would encounter its target (say a medium sized starsation with the usual defences), and a battle would ensue.

The point I'm trying to make is that preparing for a strictly fighter vs. BC situation would perhaps be a waste of time. But I'm game for a little brawl with my CO. smile.gif

------------------

Commander David "Whisper" Liev

*Fighter Commander

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc."

=Wraith Fleet=

• 2 months later...

Dang! Drat! Darn! Aw, shucks! Doh! Yippie!

quote:

Multiplayer support for up to 8 players per server

That means that there's only enough room for one flight. Does this mean the end of Fighter Comand? Will the brave pilots be curshed? Will the evil Gallion smile.gif sieze the day?

He he he... biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander David "Whipser" Liev

GCV Bold Voyager, WRAITH HQ(LYRIUS)

Leader- Wraith Fleet/Wraith Fighter Command

"We Willl Be There"

http://www.geocities.com/cmdliev/flightroster.html

I think thats for player-made games, I BELIEVE the fleet servers held lots of people, like 64 or something.. I gotta dig through the forum now and confirm that =P

IMO, "The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc." would be more appropiate for Fighter Command... witness Gallion's lack of faith in the peashooter... oh well, when they kick/save his butt he may think otherwise *G* wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by J.Smith:

Well I followed my orders.
biggrin.gif

Well almost, you need to add a .com in there. You can also make the link functional by using either an A HREF="" tag block or the UBB code URL= see the UBB Code page for help on making the link active.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

S.O.G. Home