Take a look at this!!!

J.Smith

ya gotta ruin all our fun dontcha?

:P

as I see it, we're simply brainstorming and putting our ideas forward.

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

Stationed, Starstation Wrath

you might as well stay and fight, because if you run, you will only die tired

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

ATTEN-CHUN! SUPREME COMMANDER ON-DECK!

Your supreme commander-ness, I'm honored man.

I know the colors are completely goofed up, I just can't seem to find my color wheel (YES just like in kindergarten, I use a Color Wheel, most gfx pros do too.)

What do you expect from a guy who names his ship 'Suicidal Insanity'?

The supreme commander has a point tho, the solarian interceptor isn't the prettist face in the game, and it's not the only fighter GC uses, but a can't get a clear shot of a P21 vandal.

Sanity is over rated. Now come lads, let us set our hair on fire!

------------------

Cmdr. WarSong

GCV Suicidal Insanity

Marauder Wing

Fighter Command Pilot

"I don't know anything, and thats the way I like it."

ICQ 18008144, CST (GMT -6)

+-=Wraith Fleet=-+

Gentlemen,

The SC is stating fact - this is his universe.

I do not recommend testing his patience either.

You (we) can brainstorm till we turn blue in the face. Bottom line is if the SC does not sanction the logo (or any other fan generated stuff) it will not become officially recognized with in the BC genre.

TTFN

P.S. WarSongDeathMARK - hope ye not colour blind biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 08-19-2000).]

Talking of the top of my head but how's this?

Instead of the IC how about a pic of Wraith station? That's where the Fighter Command Center would be wouldn't it? A central location for the classes and the training exercises? Pilots would take the course and then head out to the various BC's. But a fairly large group would remain at Wraith to pilot those various fighters. So a pic of Wraith itself might be more appropriate.

Now look at http://www.bc3000ad.com/pics/bcm/bc-npc.jpg The pilot's uniforms are mainly blue with yellow gold piping and a grey ascot.

so how about where your inverted trapezoid (??) is outlined in black change that to that yellow. Make your burgundy background the same blue as the uniform and the station will be grey to match the grey ascot. Use the Wraith logo suggested (and shown) above which has a blue star that matches some of the blue highlights in the pilot's uniform and grey lettering. Change Fighter command to the same font and grey.

It sounds good at least. It may look horrendous. Just a suggestion. Use anything or nothing. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Lol, why do I get all the asylum overpopulation? *grin* wink.gif"><P>Aye they know that SC, they just brainstorming and putting stuff foward smile.gif

Following the Chain of Command, any Wraith Fighter Command logo has to be first approved by Fighter Command, and then by me.

This is all great, keep em coming! Whisper, when ye pick one you like send me an e-mail with the pic attached.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

Ok, I'll try to apply the new color, I'll experiment with new images for the patch.

-SOAP BOX TIME-

NO ONE HERE is questioning the SC's authority or even suggesting a change in the fundemental order of his universe. But all of us have to keep in mind that the only constant in the universe is CHANGE, so expect a complete revamp now and then, (just as bcm may end up looking and feeling alien to experianced commanders) you may even find yourself looking forward to change. bc3k is very advanced and almost totally dynamic, so dynamic in fact that some users have difficulty adjusting to new circumstances. A good example would be: I recently completed XC, and then after word, I expected a new set of orders, some sort of debriefing, something to tell me what happens next, like an ACM mission. It didn't happen, and it was kinda a downer for me. I'm not saying the SC didn't do one hell of a job making XC difficult and fun.

The point is, if in the USERS mind, something should be a certain way, but the programmers disagree with the users, both sides should compromise and live with it.

I dare you to pick five ppl at random, shove em into a room and tell them you're ordering a single pizza with only two toppings, none of them will be able to agree on WHAT toppings to have, and they'll ALL end up with a compromise which none really want, but have to live with.

[RP]WarSong takes a deep breath, steps off the soap box and hands it back to the SC[/RP]

Can anyone prove that they're sane, with out going crazy first?

------------------

Cmdr. WarSong

GCV Suicidal Insanity

Marauder Wing

Fighter Command Pilot

+-=Wraith Fleet=-+

[This message has been edited by WarSongDeathMARK (edited 08-20-2000).]

I'm getting rather fond of WarSong's insignia design. It's a pleasant incorporation of the Wraith logo and orginal graphics. Do you plan on working on it any more? I was hoping the WFC insig could follow the same style and color pattern of the Wraith one.

Does this make any sense? My knowledge of graphic arts could be put in a thimble and leave room for the thumb biggrin.gif Your design is very promising, anyhow. Good stuff!

I did sort of plan on having the fighters train at Wraith Station. Perhaps incorporation of Wraith onto the patch would be a good idea (it is a class 8 station! Dem mothers look coo! biggrin.gif ) Or perhaps a pair of metallic wings.

Or maybe a mascot! You know, the Insurrgents have the "Don't tread on me" snake, maybe we could have some sort of mascot as well! The critter could be symbolic, representing cunning or ferocity or somesuch. A pegasus would be pretty darn neat, maybe a hawk, owl...how about a flying hamster? smile.gif

Just rambling don't mind me...

------------------

Commander David "Whisper" Liev

*Fighter Commander

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc."

ICQ # 78084562 (GMT -8)

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

Not at all whisper, your's, tac's and the SC's opinions are important to me.

I am still toying with the insignia, any ideas comeing from fleet members will definatly have a bearing on the final 'product'.

Also, I read some of the stuff I've already posted, let me clarify. GFX are just one of the many things I get hired for.

I did not mean that I wanted to be paid for what I'm doing now for the fleet. What I said, is that I do this type of work for pay, in hopes that someone might need my skills, and that the insignia and patch shouldn't be used in judgeing my fitness for such employ, since I'm just hobbying those two 'projects'.

My constructive four-bits minus two biggrin.gif

Think of military heraldry or the old chivalry coats arms when contemplated the design of any unit insignia. Every part of a unit's insignia symbolizes the unit itself and the unit's mission.

Take the definition of Wraith from any dictionary:

wraith (n)

• 1. An apparition of a living person.

2. The ghost of a dead person.

The Oxford dictionary has more complete listings of definitions but I do not have access to a copy frown.gif

Fighter Command is subordinate to Wraith Fleet and is a Fleet-wide asset that can be deployed anywhere at anytime.

Some type of Wraith apparition(s) with wings in the process of swooping or diving from sun/star onto its prey (think of a several birds-of-prey, falcons, eagles, hawks, etc., swooping towards an unsuspecting rodent or serpent).

Symbolism: The apparition diving onto its prey from the sun indicates surprise attack. The use of multiple apparitions symbolizes the multiple squadrons and wings of fighter Command. The use of a rodent (or serpent) as prey symbolizes the vulnerability of Fighter Command's targets.

Color Scheme: Colors signify many things besides eye-candy depending on how they are used. Red usually signifies the blood a unit sheds in battle. Blue signifies the unity and cohesion of a unit. White signifies honor (or cowardness).

Things to consider biggrin.gif

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

Ed Note: Excellent choice Whisper for the target biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 08-21-2000).]

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

Keep the ideas rollin! The more input I have, the more I have to work with, the better the insignia (at least my version) will look! smile.gif

A Dagger stuck on a rattlesnake's head with an angel with wings spread behind it.

*the crowd goes silent*

Errmm.. just brainstorming biggrin.gif

I kinda like something like this:

http://www.geocities.com/afpatches/wgs/0027fwdeath.jpg

This one is kinda cool too lol

http://www.geocities.com/afpatches/wgs/0050spw2.jpg

To get ideas or why not, use one of those badges (after editing them), check out this GREAT site with badges and stuff:

http://www.concentric.net/~Roperha/gal/

I've only looked at the Air Force links, there are hundreds in there alone

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 08-22-2000).]

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

MAN, I WISH MY SCANNER WAS WORKING!

What tac said conjured a vivid image in my mind that I think would ROCK, but I'll have to draw it by hand first.. then I'll have to hunt down a replacement for the cable I pulled when I move my system to my office.

Visualize a scyth, embbeded deeply into a snake's (or some reptilian's) skull, and the apparition holding the scyth is a blind-folded angel, with it's wings spread toward a field of stars..

alittle grusome to be sure, but it seems thats the way we're going.

[This message has been edited by WarSongDeathMARK (edited 08-22-2000).]

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

I was out the last coupla days, i'll start on the new insig later today (around 8 am or so)

------------------

Cmdr. WarSong

GCV Suicidal Insanity

Marauder Wing

Fighter Command Pilot

+-=Wraith Fleet=-+