Corsair Cove Operational

Gallion

Corsair Cove is up.

Persuse and comments requested.

Tac - if good to go then update the fleet link(s).

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee, Starbase Cerberus

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Corsair Wing

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 09-09-2000).]

Actually, there is a slight discrepancy in your Structure page.

quote:

Corsair Wing is the smallest and the "highest risk" element of Wraith Fleet.

S.O.G. is actually the smallest standing element of Wraith unless a situation arises where S.O.G. would be required to temporarily draft other ships into its number.

quote:

Fleet Commander Tac:

"S.O.G. [is] a 'fast reaction' force . . . [in other words], if something needs to be done and there is little or no time at all to plan for it, S.O.G. members [will] either perform that attack or fight holding actions until such [time as] the other Wings can respond."

"To that end the S.O.G. is made up of a few (3 or 4) permanent members and the rest of the unit [may] be recruited from any avaliable Wraith member you can get your hands on."

Other than that, I have to say it's quite impressive.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-09-2000).]

Yip, do like that. One minor niggle tho ... your link to Orion site is outdated. You used the old website, and not the current one. FYI new address is www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk smile.gif

Lookin good you old pirate.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

Tyrn, those are my words Gallion used there smile.gif

Corsair IS the smallest unit. SOG could easily be beefed up to half to the members of the fleet if the situation required it.

But its nothing to fight over biggrin.gif

Good site Gallion. I go the link and will be adding it to the Wraith site (the one im working on as we speak.. finally got that #@$ flash working again) soon.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Tyrn, those are my words Gallion used there
smile.gif

Corsair IS the smallest unit. SOG could easily be beefed up to half to the members of the fleet if the situation required it.

But its nothing to fight over
biggrin.gif

LOL...first time I've been caught arguing over being the smallest! wink.gif Not exactly an accolade that I'll go to boot over.

And once again, even with my misunderstanding of Tac's TakeTM on the situation, the site looks great Gallion.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

S.O.G. Home

Thanks all biggrin.gif

Fixed the Orion link Blades. I took the original link info from the BC Fleets page cool.gif

Tyrn - those popups at ye website gots to go IMO (my opinion only - official response may/will vary biggrin.gif )

Have more to do but not bad fer a first time site smile.gif

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee, Starbase Cerberus

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Corsair Wing

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

Tyrn - those popups at ye website gots to go IMO (my opinion only - official response may/will vary
biggrin.gif
)

Oh, I quite agree but also find that the one pop-up is preferable to the multiple banners that 50megs.com requires if I don't go with the pop-up. As you mentioned "popups" I presume that you're using some flavor of IE? Do more than two of the uglies appear for you?

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-11-2000).]

Only two (2) popup windows Tyrn. Two (2) to many IMO - same disclaimer as before. Though I do understand the web-space issue. Check this location out. Aside from the guidelines (EUA, AUP, etc.) they seem to offer the best without the usual banner or popup window mess.

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 09-11-2000).]

quote:

Only two (2) popup windows Tyrn. Two (2) to many IMO - same disclaimer as before. Though I do understand the web-space issue. Check this
out. Aside from the guidelines (EUA, AUP, etc.) they
seem
to offer the best without the usual banner or popup window mess.

How do you go about uploading your files? WS_FTP threw its hands up in disgust after 10 minutes to upload 7 files (2.87KB!!) and using their upload utility is a joke for more than just a couple of files (individually selecting 33 files for upload was no joyride).

Potential new home of SOG

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-11-2000).]

I agree Tyrn, their ftp application sucketh bigtime. First time I loaded website up I was using DW3. Made several updates then they (crosswinds?) must've shut down ftp protocol. Since I have all the major stuff loaded it be no biggy fer me now.

Try e-mailing crosswinds support fer answers.

I was just commenting on the popup windows - annoying but livable and trying to point towards other possible locations. If ye are happy with the current site location by all means leave it there.

Tac - if ye can get webspace pass it to those that wish it. For now, my location is fine for my site.

Tyrn - if ye happy with yer site location then by all means remain there. {i]Your choice - my opinion don't mean squat in this matter.

Hope this maketh sense biggrin.gif

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 09-11-2000).]

quote:

I agree Tyrn, their ftp application sucketh bigtime. First time I loaded website up I was using DW3. Made several updates then they (crosswinds?) must've shut down ftp protocol. Since I have all the major stuff loaded it be no biggy fer me now.

OK, hate to hear that.  I've been doing lag time tests for both sites and they are either slow as tar or in the 1-2 second range over my T-1.  Now that I have ESP (see ESP) to keep my files up to date on my work and home machines, I may move permanently to Crosswinds as the ftp aspect is not quite as critical.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

S.O.G. Home