Fleet Website

Sent e-mails to most of you to see a preview of it.

90% is done, just gotta do the last set of cosmetic pages...most of them are not even in flash.

So you Command Officers please send me the links to your wing websites. Field officers and other ranks feel free to send me your opinions.

Check out the Site!

Warning: Some pages link to nowhere (pages which are currently being built), some link to the old site's pages and the INTRODUCTION is 700k long.. so be a bit patient biggrin.gif

Intro is still under work, My sincere thanks to Stephanos for his hard work on it.

What are you doing here? GO THERE.. NOW!

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 10-01-2000).]

Looks really nice, Tac. Will wait for my password before checking everything else out and commenting further. You'll have the address for the Wing website after I learn HTML programming in one of my classes this semester, unless someone else in SIN Wing is willing to take the job. Excellent work with the Flash. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Wow. What a sight(sic)!

WFC's website is in my sig. I'll be expanding it as soon as I get a decent webpage editor.

Great work to you and Stephanos. I was blown away with that intro!

The unlinked pages sound extremley intresting. And I love the login screen! Great work! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

Commander David "Whipser" Liev

GCV Bold Voyager, WRAITH HQ(LYRIUS)

Leader- Wraith Fleet/Wraith Fighter Command

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc."

http://www.geocities.com/cmdliev/flightroster.html

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 09-27-2000).]

Entire site uploaded again. there are only my "personal" pages missing. If you find any spelling mistakes (barring the intro) or anything of the sort let me know =)

Check out the site now, its a bit different.

Website now hosted on CROSSWINDS Server. Thanks Gallion for suggesting it.

http://www.crosswinds.net/~wraithfleethq

Link on the first post has been changed accordingly.

ALL Wraith Members have the option of putting up a their private quarters (info on the real you), their office (info on their bc3k character, ship, etc) and if they want, a bar, shop, whatever as long as they can maintain it. Check the COMMENTS button on the website's menu for all info on it.

Sssoooo.. who will be the first to put up their quarters and offices? Besides me that is heheh.

I was the only one to answer the offer of offices and quarters last time round, Have you still got those, tac, or should I get to work on something else for ya?

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Centauri Flight Group Leader, Defence Wing - ISS Fleet

email:[email protected]

No, I dont have those files anymore Ben, sorry about that. You are welcome to send me your quarters/offices and i'll link them up.

Maybe we should put you in a TacOps Commander suite... after all, you were the first costumer smile.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

Ben, I found the files buried inside the old fleet website... do you want me to put those up or do you want to make a new page?

NEWS: Added the discussion forums for both the Secure Fleet Forums and for the Public Forums. You can find them in the P.A.T. and the Fleet Database links.

Cheers!

*gazes round Tacops commanders quarters* Ooooo- is that a full-size basketball court behind those fountains over there? biggrin.gif "echo!..."

I'll give the files a bit of sprucin' up then give you the links (prolly be done by Wed evening GMT)

*...echo* biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Centauri Flight Group Leader, Defence Wing - ISS Fleet

email:[email protected]

Wow... great thing, Tac, really looks cool!

Didn't find any errors so far, except 4 the fact that you and Dreada are the only officers listed so far... can the rest of us

be recorded at a later point of time ?

Best regards, lookin' 4ward to BCM ;]

------------------

Commander Steele

GCV Terra Kresta, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth - the only thing between you and your enemy's guns

Dreada and I are the only ones listed because we're the only ones that have either an office or private quarters on the station so far.

ANYONE not belonging to a Galcom-hostile race/caste may put their private quarters, their office or set up a bar or a museum or anything of the sort.

So yes, if you make your quarters and office or anything else, i'll be happy to link to it from the Wraith HQ. smile.gif

By the way... what about a little bit of background music on the HP ?

Maybe the "soundtrack" of the original Wraith

HP as some kinda (silent) infinite playback...

Or maybe a BCM soundtrack, if it's okay

for S.C. ?

------------------

Commander Steele

GCV Terra Kresta, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth - the only thing between you and your enemy's guns

BC:M soundtracks are, as far as I know, a no-no.

Background music I thought about, but decided not to. The only way to have a continous music would be to put it on the top or bottom frames... and if the visitor ever visits a bar or any page linked to the HQ that has music...well, he will get a cacophony i'd rather not be responsible for lol!.

BTW Steele, I don't know if I e-mailed you the password for the FleetOps section, I just sent it to you just in case.

Ben: Feel free to e-mail me or Tyrn Marcel (S.O.G. Wing Leader) the link to your pages.. he will be maintaining the site along with Gallion while im gone.

The site looks fine and I've linked to it from the main Fleets page, however...

I think its just too slow (even for my cable and xDSL speeds) to be of any sort of interactive use.

And its got too much information, some of it useless, confusing and serve no purpose that I can immediately see.

Why you're linking to an Insurgent site from a GALCOM site, eludes me.

The intro is very cool, though I question the explosion of a Canlon transport based on an exploding Insurgent station. Surely someone can come up with an explosion?

Anyway, I just blew up a Canlon and coverted the frames to a GIF file for you. You can grab it at this link. I will be deleting this file from the server tomorrow, so make sure you grab it.

www.3000ad.com/movies/ded-canlon.gif

Yes, its a bad thing crosswinds turned out to be so damn slow. Commander Tyrn will be maintaining the website while i'm gone... if he finds a faster server with no pops/banners he will change it to that server. I also have been talking with a friend of mine that has a very fast server, I uploaded the site there too to test speed differences. You can go here to see its awesome speed. He was gonna see if he could host the site. We shall wait and see >Well, the site was made to evolve along the expected player community. Fleet bussiness is conducted in the FleetOps section (operations, plans, maps, strategies, etc), while anything else is done in the rest of the station. Once the game goes massive online, or even the MP BC:M, people may like to build a community.. so the Wraith HQ hosts bars, quarters and stuff like that.

It is basically a site FOR the Wraith Fleet and for the community that is soon to suffer the baby boom!

"Why you're linking to an Insurgent site from a GALCOM site, eludes me."

Umm.. i'll remove it if you want. It is a BC3K website, not the in-game thing after all. Would be odd to have a BC3K website not pointing to all official BC3K fleet sites eh?

Thanks for the Canlon pic! Ill see if I can put it in before I leave. Commander Stefanos did that part of the intro... I thought it was cool hehe. Anyway, anything Insurgent going ka-boom is VERY cool to see muahahaa biggrin.gif

Please try the alternate test server, it should have the kind of download speed im looking for... oh, and pick up some "Snogs" on the way wink.gif

Sounds good. I'll check them out.

Stephanos, lemme know when you put in the new exploding Canlon pic.

Speaking of which, Gallion, I've beefed up your security to Level 2, now that TAC's off for awhile (anyone know when he's coming back?), which makes you Fleet Leader.

"anyone know when he's coming back?"

Circa January 10, 2001.

"will keep the motley crew together."

Heh, you'd better wink.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ok folks, this is my last post before I go to bed & hop on that plane tomorrow morning.

So until then, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, may life be gentle on you! ('cause when I get back it wont be *wicked grin*!)