Website

Please check the Wraith Fleet HQ folks, the intro seems to not be working, the Fleet Status seems to be cut in half. Need confirmation of this on your ends, I hope its just my cable modem thats burping these last few days.

Tyrn: Any ideas on this?

To all Wraiths who DONT have the FleetOps password, send me an e-mail [email protected] and I'll give it to you.

Suggestions/comments/feedback welcome.

Cheers!

update: got fed up, deleted the intro on crosswinds and re-uploaded it. Works fine now. God knows what was going on.

Also of note:

Cmdr. Dreada is the ONLY Wraith that has put his office, his quarters and even his own bar in the station. The Wraith HQ was designed specifically for this community-making purpose. I truly expect more Wraiths and non-Wraiths to put up their stuff in the station once BC:M is out.. and Wraiths, I prefer to have YOUR offices or quarters before that.

2 crates of OTS and 1 of Vagrants to Dreada. cwm20.gifcwm20.gif

BTW Dreada, where did you get the pic in your profile? Its AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm working on it, I'm working on it! At the end of the week I should have something for ya. It ain't going to be pretty though...

If someone lives in their office, is it their quarters or their office? Worse yet, what if the office/quarters isn't even on the sation, but in the landing bay?

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 01-15-2001).]

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

Same here sir!

I'll have something up asap!

I swear on a stack of waffles.. uh bibles!

cwm3.gif

[This message has been edited by WarSongDeathMARK (edited 01-16-2001).]

"If someone lives in their office, is it their quarters or their office? Worse yet, what if the office/quarters isn't even on the sation, but in the landing bay?"

Offices are to post info on your bc3k character and ship. Quarters are to post stuff on the real you (if you want).

Landing Bay? Heh, you must really love radine fumes...

cwm24.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

*kicks topic back to the top*

Update: Found a fast server with unlimited space and NO POPUPS! Whohooo!

anyone interested, i Highly recomend it, Epsilon5 found it for us!

www.mifix.net

will be x-fering the wraith hq website to it as soon as those bums in crosswinds get their ftp up and working.

Great to hear about the server solution being found, as far a posting my quarters and office at Wraith HQ I'm going to wait and see what else goes up from others(as I'm kinda unsure what to put up) as my web design is crap(big time). So I'll wait and see others contributions and see what I can do!

• 2 weeks later...

Booyah!

http://www.mifix.net/~wraithfleet/

Need some feedback on the speed of the server when compared with the Crosswinds server.

Also, links to private quarters or any of the other sections the Wraith HQ hosts are to be e-mailed to me [email protected]. Wing leaders, you should have a page for your wing UP in the wraith HQ. Make it so it works on the middle frame of the HQ please.

Looks good Tac.

I have a question though, I know that a good number of the fleet go'ers are pretty hip on the Rping aspect, I think it might be kinda neat for fleet members who command cap ships to put together maybe a one page site on some crap server that gives a little insight into their vessel, like class and quotes, kinda like the US navy has a webpage for each of it's vessels. Thought it might be an interesting idea. I am already taking a few screen shots out of the Demo to consider making up a site with. Just a lameass idea.

Guest hindot

Well me, I ain't experienced in this sort of thing. Ain't no programmer and dunno know how to build a page either. Got 2 many other problems in my life already.

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: hindot ]

quote:

Originally posted by Korono Lakeela:

I have a question though, I know that a good number of the fleet go'ers are pretty hip on the Rping aspect, I think it might be kinda neat for fleet members who command cap ships to put together maybe a one page site on some crap server that gives a little insight into their vessel, like class and quotes,

Its a good idea I've been working on a site for a little while for my command the GCV Andromeda its still a WIP but take a look and see what you think

HTTP://NIGHTSTAR.MIFIX.NET

Be kind its my first webpage.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Tac,

Just went to checkout the new HQ(or the old one on a new server?) I have to say the download speed is not great(and I'm sitting behind a 10MB download pipe)

Am I the only one with this problem or have others seen it too?

It's pretty consistent. Yesterday speeds were pretty good, today they're abysmal.

yeah, I emptied all my saved browser info to try it, that's why I asked for feedback on the speed. the day I passed it over it was ok (much faster than crosswinds though.. maybe those popups were hogging latency lol)..today its being real slow. Asked the server gods at mifix, their ISP backbone is undergoing upgrades.

Lakeela: What you said has been part of the HQ for a long time. Each member has his own private quarter (to put info on their real selves and stuff), their own offices (stuff about their BC character and ship) and if they want, they can put up their own shop/bar/used shuttle sale agency or whatever. Look at Dreada, he has his office, his quarters and an Inn on the HQ.

For the record: Now that the HQ is on the mifix server ill be adding, editing and fixing some stuff. Amongst them:

1) FLASH templates for offices and private quarters. Say what? In short terms: Ill make 3 or 4 different flash pages for private quarters and offices. When someone with little or no HTML/FLASH knowledge (hey hindot!) wants to put up his office or quarters, he can pick one of the 4 and use it. Each flash page will link to simple HTML which even a 6 year old can make using frontpage or any other for-dummies editor out there.

Or send a check for $50 bucks and ill do it for ya

2)Fleet Charter will reflect the proposed changes, the "G" stain will be removed and links and other small stuff added to the site.

Your site has been linked to the Wraith HQ in the MIFIX server in the "OFFICES" section Cmdr. Smyth. Read the Priv Message I sent you and check it out

Cool, I guess I was just kinda intimidated by the aspect of programming my own page on the site, my site building skills don't go much past geocities. But with the format you are setting it, it should be a breeze. Thanks man.

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: Korono Lakeela ]

Looks good Tac. Seemed to work fine tonight.

Two things though. While you have the code for the ring on the mifix page, going to the ring home the address is still listed as the crosswinds site. So is your sig.

Emmett, your page looks good as well. Very nice.

aye charles, im not moving the HQ from crosswinds to mifix until I get the stuff fixed and updated. The "official" move will happen once I get that done. It also gives the mifix guys some time to get their ISP backbone up to speed again Thnx for reminding me of the webring link.. totally forgot about that part.. added in the to-do list

note of information, as I am changing my job today and my website is stored on my work pc(and mifix is not back yet) I have moved my site to http://Andromeda.jumpfun.com. Its a fast site but has a banner add on the site(which I don't like but hey) when mifix gets backup I'll try transfer back but its happy were it is for the moment