Unfortunate news

Ben Somerset

Gentlemen,

As some of you may have heard, there has recently been the defection of a high ranking GalCom officer. GNN reports still indicate that this is a Commander from Orion Fleet. It is my duty to inform you that this is not the case. Intelligence resources have located this interesting bit of communications traffic.

It appears that our good Commander Gallion has left us for the Insurgency. Today is indeed a sad day for Wraith Fleet.

Due to this, the ICV Graf Spee should be considered a priority target. The Rules of Engagement are clear against Insurgency targets, and this applies to one of our own as well. Terminate with extreme prejudice.

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.

quote:

Insurgents, News has reached me that Wraith Fleet has finally come to their senses long enough to realize that Rear Admiral Gallion no longer tolerates their incompetence of actions and deeds. He's been, as have we all, declared a "Shoot On Sight" target. I say that we should return this favor. Turn your attentions, momentarily, away from Orion Fleet and focus on Wraith Fleet. Within Reason, you are authorized to conduct a
harassing
campaign on Wraith Fleet, bearing in mind that you are responsible for your own actions and deeds. Make sure to keep those (RP) flags handy and use them! Do not however, forget that we are one community and do not go overboard. I will hold the guilty accountable if need be. No questions asked and no quarter given.

That Is ALL!

Brace for impact...

Editing Note: OMG!! Rattler, I'm so sorry! I just cut 'n pasted from you, no harm intended. Man, that's the worse possible place I could have screwed up! redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 02-21-2001).]

quote:

Due to this, the ICV Graf Spee should be considered a priority target. The Rules of Engagement are clear against Insurgency targets, and this applies to one of our own as well.

(RP)

Which rule is that again? I've not seen a Wraither do anything as of late but run at the sight of an Insurgent. Even an unarmed transport flying an Insurgent seal. As for shooting on sight, watch closely now. Insurgents are not without the means to destroy on sight as well. Only time shall tell the results of these encounters and we'll let history decide the results.

Have a Great Insurgent Day, Wraith Fleet. Sleep Well, Tomorrow is another day.

(/RP)

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

quote:

Brace for impact...

[rp]

Prophetic words for a peashooter driver. I am amazed at this display momentary semblence of reason.

As to the rest of Wraith, review your fleet charter. I think that you lads need to revise it a tad. Shoot -on-sight doctrine is a deadly double-edged sword that does not distinguish between friend or foe. I will not hesitate to terminate with extreme predjudice any and all enemies of the Insurgency that I encounter.

So say your farewells to those that you care for and make peace with your maker - for soon each of you will meet him.

[/rp]

TTFN

------------------

Rear Admiral Gallion

ICV-Graf Spee, Spectre (Antis)

Executive Officer

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Leader, Team 1

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 02-20-2001).]

Ahem!

Cmdr Whisper,

I've never minded someone quoting me and welcome it. I've always been that way. What I do take offense to is someone using the quotation annotation and then altering my words but still calling it a quotation. I now take offense, Sir! Either kindly quote me accurately or modify your post above and remove any attempt at my quotation. Fair Enough? Now let the games begin, but remember, Quote me accurately or do not quote me, period.

With Sincerest Regards,

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[RP]

quote:

The Rules of Engagement are clear against Insurgency targets, and this applies to one of our own as well. Terminate with extreme prejudice

WOW, I'm sure that the officer in question had numerous reasons for joining the Insurgency. The main reason must have been that he could no longer conduct actions that were contrary to his character. However, with a ROE that specifies terminating your own w/ extreme prejudice...

Maybe Wraith fleet needs just that much more practice.... wink.gif [/rp]

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

[rp]

Wold:

quote:

The main reason must have been that he could no longer conduct actions that were contrary to his character.

Intresting, that. My impression of your duties and responsibilities, Gallion, was you could do pretty much whatever you wanted. "Creative acquisition" was your speciality, and encouraged by Wraith. Now, perhpas these actions being done against what you probably view as a just rebellion might have disturbed you, or perhaps it was becasue your "plunders" were going into the pocket of the gov'ment. Either way...

It's just one thing that bothers me. Officers, commanders, good soliders, might (and often do) wrestle with the morality of thier actions. But at least they follow through, don't abandon thier mates, turn against[i/] the very crew they have fought beside. You might have thought long and hard on this decision, but I say this: there is only one breed of person who changes alligence at a whim, one sort who takes the easy way out and betrays their fellows-in-arms, and that breed is called mercenary.

Goodbye, Commander.

[/rp]

------------------

Commander David "Whipser" Liev

GCV Bold Voyager, WRAITH HQ(LYRIUS)

Leader- Wraith Fleet/Wraith Fighter Command

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc."

http://www.geocities.com/cmdliev/flightroster.html

Tisk, tisk, tisk, at least there will be at least one worthy target out there smile.gif

BTW, I have been kinda of out of it for a good month plus because the gaunlet that is level 4 music theory here at the old university, but I have been keeping up to date on my updates in the beta program, but today it appears that my access is now denied to the beta program. Its been about 3 days since I last logged in, has Derek done another major purge?? I hope not because I HAVE been using as much free time as possible to hunt bugs!! I'm trying not to be a total slacker!! smile.gif

btw, the maurauder wing webpage will be started when BCM is close to going gold, and my schedule clears up a little!!

------------------

Commander Korono Lakeela

GCV King Crimson - Fenrir Starbase(Fenrir)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Maurader Wing

"..we pick our fights...and we finish our fights.."