Achtung!

To simplify Fleet Structure and avoid a headache once MP comes out, the following changes are being considered:

1) Corsair, Hammerhead, Marauder and HellHound Wings Disbanded. Wing members and Wing missions absorbed as follows:

Corsair (Mission: Raiding, behind enemy lines interference), HellHound (Mission:Space Strike) absorbed by S.O.G. . S.O.G. will now take over personnel and mission statements of said Wings.

Marauder (Mission: Recon, General Support, Supply) absorbed by S.I.N. . S.I.N. takes over Marauder personnel and mission.

Wraith Fighter Command remains as is.

HammerHead Wing (mission: Ground/EVA assault) absorbed by Wraith Marine Corps. WMC will now have direct access to spacecraft for better efficiency. H'Head Wing Leader suggested to take over WMC command to direct spaceborne elements and a field officer attache to control ground based elements.

Comments, Feedback, suggestions appreciated. post them below. Keep questions to the point please.

I'll digest this more in the morning (been a bad day) but let me extend a welcome to the Corsair (Cmdr James Smyth) and HellHound (Cmdrs Rippen, Orthae, and Antillies) commanders. The wing site is at wraithsog.hopto.org, don't get too comfy with the content there currently. It was already under revision and will now undergo further work. More at a later date.

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Overall, the changes look fairly good. And since we have a minor Wing Leader retention problem (Gallion... ) this will make things a lot simpler. The Marine units having ships actually assigned to them is good also. I also agree with the seperation of command between shipborne and ground elements. In ground landings a duel role Commander could foul up C&C to the point of no return. I can't see any difficulties or problems in doing any of this.

Certainly deals with some crew shortfalls in some wings alright should work out ok.

quote:

but let me extend a welcome to the Corsair (Cmdr James Smyth) and HellHound (Cmdrs Rippen, Orthae, and Antillies) commanders.

/rp

Glad to be aboard, transfer orders and current crew roster are on your desk

/rp off

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Emmett.hendrick ]

Guys, I said this was being considered not being done

Ive a few more things to nail before any changes are made.

I'm trying to come up with a KISS system that will work in an internet MP enviroment. No offense to any insurgent or other allegiance player that is nosing around this thread *grin* meant, but I've gone over the structures and SOP of other fleets and I sincerely doubt they will be any good in the internet MP chaos. I hope im wrong in that assumption, they are quite well laid out and stuff.

Anyway, as far as Wraith is concerned, i'm making the structure and organization take on both ends of the player spectrum. Dedicated gamers will have their own corner in the fleet and the casual/not so dedicated/cant-log-on-every-day players will have their own corner where they can have their fun for their money.

SO, here goes a revised draft of this planned change:

Corsair, Hammerhead, Marauder, Hell Hound Wings disbanded.

S.O.G. takes over Corsair and Hell Hound personnel and mission. The Special Operations Group will consist of dedicated hard core gamers. Planned missions and inter-fleet operations will be given to these folks

S.I.N. takes over Marauder. The Strategic Intelligence Network will provide battlefield intelligence, support and recon services to the Fleet. S.I.N. will be composed of mix dedicated gamers and casual gamers.S.I.N. will be heavily participating in planned mission, inter-fleet operations and such. Of course, the dedicated gamers in SIN will be getting the most fun out of it and will be called first to participate.

Wraith Fighter Command: WFC will be composed of mixed dedicated gamers (snubfighter nuts) and, what I expect, hordes of casual players. WFC handles all fighter operations/assignments and has the added responsability to keep the fleet supplied. To this end, WFC has a few carriers, armed transports and shuttles assigned to it. Again, dedicated gamers will be called upon for planned and inter-fleet ops 1st.

Wraith Marine Corps: Takes over HammerHead. WMC will have its leader be in command of space operations (EVA assault and Transportation of Marines to target) and an officer under him in command of the actual ground forces. To this end, WMC has full access to carriers, cruisers, transports and ground vehicle assets.Again, dedicated gamers will be called upon for planned and inter-fleet ops 1st.

Finally any casual gamer that does not want to dedicate his career to a set of tasks outlined above may remain unatached. This is a pool of players from which the S.O.G., S.I.N , WFC or WMC may call upon if needed. I'll make a new "wing" named Wraith and put them there, no need to have "unassigned" players floating around.

Those in "Wraith" wing, are expected to follow the fleet's charter and answer to a call to arms issued by a wing leader or ranking officer (aka, Starbase Commander, Starstation Commander).

Finally, since we have a starbase in every quadrant of the galaxy, there are Starbase and Starstation command positions avaliable. These people will be mostly TacOps directors, responsible for non-planned, non-interfleet operations in their quadrants. And yes, that means that if a Base or Starstation commander wants to put together a strike force of AI and human players and go blow the crapolia out of a gammulan outpost in their sector they may do it if they can pull it off... only they will have access to station/base AI assets.

Questions? Comments?

[ 05-25-2001: Message edited by: Tac ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

*raise hand*

Huh, is KISS a true abreviation? if yes, what does it mean?

Keep It Simple Stupid

I support the changes (obviously). The creation of Wraith wing is a great idea.

[ 05-25-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

heh, remind me to feed Epsilon more fish. SNAFU neurons and FUBAR attention to tv shows... I mean, ohmg, wth is this poor guy watching? some pos tv shows? I mean, fyi, the t.v. is a great source of info..

otoh, he may just need some more beer. heehee.

Removed the wings from the fleet database to see how it would look. This is just a drill...

quote:

just pulling your leg epsilon, with me you'll have to get used to that.

... and if you believe what they are saying at Spectre HQ, that aint the half of it.

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Hi all. This is my first ever post. I petitioned to join Wraith Fleet to get a positive gaming experience and don't think I'll be disappointed.

I am one of those dedicated gamers, but have been lurking about until I knew where this game was going.

I will accept re-assignment anywhere I am told to go, but am really interested in covert ops.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and try to participate more than I have.

Thanks

Been getting reports of some Epsilon5 guy luring my people into orion recruitment offices with promises of apple pie and pictures of a certain borg queen....

Suggest full airlock priviledges (exit only) and snog diet be given to above stated person.

Welcome aboard, Orthae. Glad to see another Commander interested in SIN Wing, if the reorganization of the Fleet goes through. When it does, I hope to be able to form SIN Wings 2nd Squadron. But with your addition, I may consider it already. Tac, your opinion and input would be appreciated.

Epsilon5; Unlike the FC, I am rather against spacing as it is quite gruesome. However, I do approve of the snog diet. Suggest that it be implemented immediately.

Epsilon,

In my opinion, there is no better selection for me to try than the Wraiths. I only try out for the best

Cmdr Somerset,

I would be more than happy to work with you or any other commander, the Fleet Commander deems. I humbly await assignment wherever.

Orthae, you have free choice of unit you wish to serve under. Check the missions of each wing and decide which one you would like to be doing most of the time when you play with us online.

Or you can be attached to the Wraith Wing and be a freelancer, joining any other wraith unit when they are planning operations.

quote:

Originally posted by Orthae:

I will accept re-assignment anywhere I am told to go, but am really interested in covert ops.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and try to participate more than I have.

While SOG is aptly equipped for covert, it just ain't in the job description, we never get the easy jobs

<rp>

Marcel: New orders, we're to stop a Gam battle group. Three Storm Carriers and a handful of Aestroms. Who else is available?

XO: Just the Dragoon, Sir. All other ships are still dealing with the snog infestation.

Marcel: Marvelous.

XO: Plan of attack?

Marcel: The usual.

XO: Right - Don't die.

</rp>

Thanks for the info, Tac. I'll do some research and think about things before I decide which wing I wish to try to serve with.

Also, I'm not sure if the game is going to have anything like what I have in mind for covert ops. Oh, well. I'll find out

Considering that BC has a lot of potential for covert ops and spec ops, I'd say you'll have your hands full once we get into galcom-wide fleet co-op in BCM and in GCO.

Think about it, in space there are always things that must be taken out before any attack can be succesful... the ODS systems, the OTS systems on the planet, hitting the defense turrets in starstations, etc.

On the ground you have the power plants to knock out SALS and other systems, SAMS and other small stuff that would seriously disrupt the defenses of that ground installation... and there's always the chance of snatching or assassinating enemy personnel on the ground and things of that sort.

Plus there's always distraction attacks, paratrooper-like actions to hold positions until maing Galcom forces arrive... there's tons of possibilities.

SOG covers space operations and in some ocassions, small unit ground operations.

SIN will give the fleet any battlefield intel and recon needed to plan the strikes and does support SOG and WMC, be it by evacuating casualties, nuking stuff or towing damaged ships out of the area. Groundside, SIN also handles snatching/assassination with help from WMC.

WMC does all other ground ops as well as EVA operations.

WFC handles fighter ops (which participate in all other wing's operations if required), keeps the fleet supplied and also does fighter operations on their own.

Wraith is basically players who dont want to be tied down to the above responsabilities, but can be called upon for any of the above ops.

Tac, where would you suggest I go if say for instance I wanted special assignments and only to report to a few individuals who knew the details of my assignments, be they assassination, intel gathering,pretending to be a free trader while working behind enemy lines, feeding the fleet intel and perhaps doing a little sabotage or other things? Will there actually even be opportunities for such missions?