Achtung!

quote:

Originally posted by Orthae:

Tac, where would you suggest I go if say for instance I wanted special assignments and only to report to a few individuals who knew the details of my assignments, be they assassination, intel gathering,pretending to be a free trader while working behind enemy lines, feeding the fleet intel and perhaps doing a little sabotage or other things? Will there actually even be opportunities for such missions?

Personally, it sounds like SIN is what you want. As to there being opportunities for such. BCM will be more limited simply because there are fewer players and as smart as the AI is, it still is just an AI. Even with the limits of BCM, what you're after is still viable in the BCM universe. Where the types of scenarios you are after will really be key though is within the GCO universe.

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Tyrn is correct, such missions are handled by SIN.

No matter what wing you're in, you report to your WING leader and to ME. If the wing leader or myself form a task force to make that mission, command of said task force may be assigned to a player.

The idea is to have the high command deciding overall strategy (aka, me telling the Wing leaders "We need this guy captured for interrogation"), then the subordinates plan and execute it (aka, Wing leader gather's assets for mission, picks personnel to execute it and assigns task force leaders (if needed)). Since every player will not be avaliable 100% of the time and some players will have more experience in certain areas, task force command and unit commands will be rotated continously, giving everyone the chance to lead others in an operation.

I believe it does, Orthae. One small piece of business, however. Your sig should be altered to read;

Cmdr (or Commander, personal preference) Orthae

GCV Dream Sword, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

The image files are optional, and are personal preference only

Welcome aboard SIN Wing, Commander.

Guest hindot

Who is the wing leader of Wraith Wing? And do I join any wing I want or the wing leader assigns me to a wing when were planning operations?

As Epsilon pointed out, SIN Wing does have an XO's billet. However, it is already filled by Commander Dreada. Lakeela, if you'd like to transfer to SIN Wing, I'd be more than happy to have you aboard. I'm sure we could find a good billeting for you.

hindot, Wraith wing has no leader and it never will have. Its for those who want to be able to work with all other wings, "help them out" when planned operations are going on, yet still be free to log on and play without the "contract" of "having" to follow a wing leader's orders.

There are Station and Starbase command positions still avaliable. Each Wing should have an XO as well, check with the wing leader of your choice on that.