Welcome

Tyrn

quote:

Originally posted by Oban:

Thanks for the welcome Tyrn, now about those strategy tips..... I believe it was a Firestorm ...

I suppose I should change my sig.. not sure how to get web link or logo up. Any suggestions

Quite welcome, check FleetOps on the HQ site and you'll find more of what you're after on tactics.

quote:

Do I need my own website to attach a logo or is there one link we all use? If so where can it be found?

Your own site is prefferable but if that is not possible let me know and I'll arrange something.

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Thanks Dreada for the Welcome,

No sorry I have no technical skills of that nature, I'd tell you what I do for a living but you might hold it against me. I'd hate to get kicked out in my first week. Then again its in my profile.

In light of the initiation I have shaved all my body hair to ensure that when the glue need be removed it is less painful.

I also have a question maybe one of you guys could answer. I am purchasing a new system, what would be the best gameplay setup for BCM? Right now I cant run FP mode or planetary mode (limited to space actions)as i am using my wifes laptop.

P4 1.7 ghz, 512, PC800 RAM, G3 Ti 200

or

P4 1.7 ghz, 256 PC800 Ram, G3 Ti 500

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by Oban:

P4 1.7 ghz, 512, PC800 RAM, G3 Ti 200

or

P4 1.7 ghz, 256 PC800 Ram, G3 Ti 500

My vote go for more RAM the more the better plus its got a better video card I've heard the new Nvidia drivers really work well on those GF3 cards(I only have a lowly GF2 but they have increased my frame rates with BCM a noticeable amount.)

On another point try looking at a AMD equivalent CPU it would save you some cash and they cut a rug as well as the P4's do

Commander Brion McGregor and his fine crew of the GCV STORMDRAGON have enlisted in the S.O.G.

Welcome aboard. Check your e-mail for the fleet's password and report to Wraith HQ.

Greetings Gentlemen,

I am honored to serve beside commanders of such high (and low) repute, as yourselves. I look forward to the upcoming campaigns and the chance to prove myself an able commander.

Oh, and on a side note. I was wondering if the age old SPEC-OP formula for tallying kills is still in effect.

2x Asteroids

5x Cargo pods

3x Tramp freighters

1x Starmonk

1x disabled Shuttle

2x Farmers

8x Pigs

5x Chickens

= 197 Confirmed Kills

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]

quote:

Originally posted by AshSpear:

Hello everyone. I just got approved on the fleet DB. How do I go about becomeing and officail member?

As you can see here you already are official and been assigned to SOG.

You need to adjust your sig as follows:

Commander AshSpear (linked to your db profile)

GCV Ishtar, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wraith Fleet/SOG

Hard, Fast Furius... First!

If you need assistance with your signature, contact me via ICQ, email or private message.

PS...Welcome to the fleet!

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Hey there. I think I got the sig straightened out... Just testing.

Thanks oban... I liked it too. If you're looking for something similar, just read Beowulf. It's got lots of lines like. That one actually didn't come from there. A friend of mine read it somewhere, can't remember what text. It's now what we say before picking fights in pubs... usually with each other

AshSpear I got from the norse as well. Ishtar is a babylonian goddess of war. Mythology has deep resources for anything warlike.

Cheers

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: AshSpear ]