Coming Home

Tyrn

On 5 May 2002 I said

quote:

I guarantee, however, that when the day comes that Jonathan no longer needs my wife and me as much as he does now that I will beat a quick path into the enlistment office. Until then I'll be more like a ghost in Wraith's Fleet.

Well, it's official: I'm coming out of retirement and have already submitted my request to Tac to be reactivated as part of Wraith Fleet.

When I retired, I was Fleet XO and SOG Wing Leader but, as I told Tac, I am not asking to be reinstated in those positions. I will, however, fulfill whatever position is assigned me, even that of a rank and file commander, should I be reinstated as a Wraith Fleet commander.

As I stated back in May, my son has Autism. Unlike many children with Autism, Jonathan has responded incredibly well to the efforts we've made at home and to the great efforts made by his teacher and 504 aide. He's progressed so much that he no longer has an in-class (504) aide and, other than a few odd mannerisms, Jonathan is just like any other eight year old. Now I just have to remind myself that having a rather "normal" eight year old is good thing.

Welcome Back commander. Hey i guess if they put you back in rank and file you can take my spot. I'll be gone for awhile soon.(basic training for the US navy and secondary) So as i said Welcome back

Thanks Smith, it's good to be back.

Chavik, while I'm not sure what to make of an Insurgent showing up in Wraith territory who's not in shackles , I do appreciate the warm welcome. Thanks.

Great news on your family Tyrn! Woot!

Pass the ale! Hide the nurses!

Tyrn is back!

WELCOME BACK BUD!

The Wing is still yours!

Heck, all we need is replace the batteries on that rust bucket of yours so you can launch again

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Great news on your family Tyrn! Woot!

<rp>

Pass the ale! Hide the nurses!

Tyrn is back!

</rp>

WELCOME BACK BUD!

The Wing is still yours!

Heck, all we need is replace the batteries on that rust bucket of yours so you can launch again

Thank you and thank you, one and all.

I take it there's a new XO? Who got the nod after my departure?

Whoops, better update that sig...

[ 03-18-2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Welcome back Tyrn and great to hear about your son.

no matter what rank TAC gives you I'll still salute you in the corridors of Wraith HQ.

Thanks for the support Emmett. Things are, to me, a bit unclear on the whole XO issue - especially after reading back through some of the old posts here - but as I've already said, I support Tac regardless and am just thrilled to be back.

[ 03-19-2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Tyrn ]