Fleet ops Secure area

Cartmanbeeps

Ok. i found the place. But the EZboard forum doesnt exist. However. I have 3 gigs of space. I could have the forum on my server. Ive also got a ton of bandwith. I host servers for my clan. So i should do it for wraith. And yes i will keep it classified. I Think the person who made the forum used the EZboard trial. Because from what it said it doesnt exist.

If there is a problem with the forums then please contact me. I am the one currently hosting the entire site and phpBB2 boards. I currently have two setup on the site, one for public use and another for members only use. If in fact you are having a problem I must know the following:

1) Where exactly you went to reach the forums board you are trying to access.

2) I need you to copy and paste the exact error you are recieving when you go there.

Now once you have done this I will go over a few things and see what is causing the problem for you. If I find no problem on my end then I will attempt to advise you in a few methods that might in fact fix the problem for you on your end. So please PM me the information I have just listed above so that I may get started immediately.

I got the new card installed. The only thing is when i start the game and when its done loading the Scenerio and Says "Loading complete, Standby" It crashes. Its not my card. Ive got A Geforce FX. So anyway. I think i know how to fix it. So when i get it fixed ill be ready for training, Sir!

And the card. I must say, With HALO it like a new game. Everything's shiny!

Ok. I tried MP but it says all game servers are quote "Unscanned". I got this With BCMG also. I dont think its with Zonealarm pro (Firewall) because i shut it down. Is it with Norton? How do i stop it. Because if im gonna be trained i need to use MP of course. And unless i get MP workin its not possible. Sorry for all this Tech stuff in the topic. LOL

Also about Cartmanbeeps problem.

I have that same problem but I can usually just refresh the list a few times and then it will give me the scanned servers currently running. You can also close or exit the UC MP program and then restart it.

And on a further note for the website question. I have not had much time to do a whole lot, but I believe I fixed the main page so it should resize correctly to any resolution. I have uploaded the credits page and have it formatted to what I think it should look like in terms of what you have been telling me so review and revise it as you see fit.

I also have some of the other pages you sent me, but some of them don't have all the images with them. They even have links on them that don't do anything, but give a page not found or unable to display page error.

If you launch multiplayer from the main MP menu, make sure you've set the options on the right-hand side of the screen. This not only goes for the first time you start multiplayer but also for when you install a major patch. Or do a clean reinstall of the game.

For myself, I always forget to re-set the options after installing a patch.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Cartmanbeeps:

ok. I will. it showed up but still says unnamed and when i tried the IP thing it fails to connect. Is this with Zonealarm?

I'd put money on it being zone alarm. You have to make sure port 2302 is open. Go into zone alarm and allow ucmp.exe access to the net. I believe zone alarm gives you three options for allowing access Deny, Ask, and Allow Set it to allow. Then try to connect.

If that doesn't work then disable Zone Alarm so that it will not start at windows startup and reboot your system. This will insure ZA isn't loaded in memory. Now if you can connect you may need to uninstall then reinstall ZA before it will work correctly.

Personal I hate ZA I've had nothing but problem with it. YouÔÇÖre better off going down and picking up a cheap router or turning and old PC thatÔÇÖs just collecting dust in a closet into a router. There's free software for doing that also. Smoothwall is a good free Linux based router/firewall package.

TURN OFF YOUR MODUM FIRST. xp has its own fire wall, disable this.( MAKE SURE YOU HAVE XPS2 INSTALLED OR YOUR XP MACHINE WILL BE VULNERABLE ) disable ALL auto update mechanisms... then when you set up your zone alarm..put it in learning mode, for the programs and close access for everything, except browser, TURN ON YOUR MODUM NOW. place the zone alarm level to high. Then start the join a mp game....shut it down.

go back to zone alarm open up your programm access. and allow access for the two, or three out goings, that were blocked. UC.exe AND (UCmp.exe?) there will be one other necessary(if i remember right) program asking for a gate. I will pm you the EXACT ones to give access, when I get home, if you cant figure it out.

These programs give access in all four areas(green check marks)..ALSO give them the PASSKEY, and allow identification for these programs you have allowed access.

Then set your ZA settings to medium security. go back and click on the tray icon, and lock the internet connection, but DONT click on the "STOP ALL Internet connections"

This is a secure method of using ZA Pro, without a router, and works well with UC.

Just PM me, and I will try to help..I USE ZA PRO in this fashion

[ 09-15-2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: street ]