Is there a way to disable the Vertex Shader for Console?

The /l parameter shouldn't make any difference as to whether it starts up or not.

Anyway, in the upcoming version, the console server bypasses the vertex shader check. This way you can run the console server on a spare machine with a POS video card.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The /l parameter shouldn't make any difference as to whether it starts up or not.

Yeah that's pretty strange.. the first time that I tried starting the Console server, it kept quitting before it started. I then put in the /l3 parameter for the logging and it started up just fine. After I read your post, I removed the /l3 parameter and it started up with no problems again. The only thing I can think of is that the first time that I started it, I started from the MP shortcut, which I had modified from the start Menu. Later when I added the /l3 Parameter, I did it from another shortcut that I created directly in the folder, don't know if that would make a difference. Either way, me and my son were having fun this morning blowing each other up

And BTW, the server that hosting the game, doesn't have a Vertex shader, it won't run the full game, but it will run the Console Server.

Edit:

Just tried Hosting via ASI without the /l3 option and it won't work... Added the /l3 option and it works with ASI? Let me know if you guys can see it, it's at 172.133.12.69

Thanks!!

[ 02-22-2004, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Darkling ]