HOXDNA Server

Cc

• 2 weeks later...

OK Dudes...

It's friday night (11:00 EST) and no one has showed up in MP. Now I know 3000AD has four servers on lockdown ,but hey ,I'm on the HOX server waiting for someone to show up.BTW ,I may not be someone you are expecting.(Hint).Find Me.

Edit : Just checked ,3000AD ,server 4 has one player. Big Deal.

Edit :Join in..

Edit :12:05 04/03 /2004 I have the uncanny suspicion that 3000AD has pissed away a huge amount of money for nothing.I (really) hope I am wrong.

Edit : 02:40 - Just in case you dudes were thinking I was being inpatient.

[ 04-03-2004, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Cc ]

Please stop.

The servers are for dev and beta testing only. Which means, they are only used when myself, Remo and Prime Fleet etc, schedule a test session. Have you even been looking at the VCF? How do you think those recent issues (including three very critical and fatal issues) were found, reproduced and fixed?

The servers are not going public until I'm good and ready. In fact, I was going to make them public and release the RC8 patch the other day, but the general consensus was..whats the rush?

Hey, I'm a big multiplayer nut, let's get online on the HOXDNA server, I've got an excellent ping. The fact is that we just need to arrange a time to make it happen, and if one server isn't getting regular attendance, it's not like opening four more is going to suddenly solve that problem.

The community (especially Prime Fleet as I've seen first hand) is working REALLY hard to make this released-before-it-was-ready game into a stable, fully developed, honed and refined game that represents the best this product can be.

I'm a newcomers to this community and I have to say that both the community and the dev team have really won my respect. When I read the thing that went down with DC in the early days of release, and I read that the back end support wouldn't be there because the money wouldn't either, it made complete sense to me and the degree of support we've gotten to date astounds me.

I know nothing of the settlement between the two companies, but on the worst case scenario that there were still no back end financing for support, SC and his team still care enough about the game and the community of people who are loyal to it that they are supporting this out of pocket. That is unheard of in big business, and this is one of the benefits of an independent developer.

Okay, so when do you want to play? Sound off everyone, because after all we want lots of excellent complex fleet battles, and me and my Prime Fleet buddies don't feel very right about destroying each other. So who wants to play multiplayer on HOXDNA and when can you make it?

ZM out.

quote:

Originally quoted by Cc

It's friday night (11:00 EST) and no one has showed up in MP. Now I know 3000AD has four servers on lockdown ,but hey ,I'm on the HOX server waiting for someone to show up.BTW ,I may not be someone you are expecting.(Hint).Find Me.

Edit : Just checked ,3000AD ,server 4 has one player. Big Deal

That was me that you saw on server 4 last night. We are currently running tests at the request of the SC. On top of that we are running Build 4, you and hoxdna are running an earlier version, so our games are not compatible.

quote:

Originally quoted by SC

The servers are for dev and beta testing only. Which means, they are only used when myself, Remo and Prime Fleet etc, schedule a test session. Have you even been looking at the VCF? How do you think those recent issues (including three very critical and fatal issues) were found, reproduced and fixed?

Prime Fleet members that are active with the fleet and MP also have the new Build so take the hint and join a fleet. If you were in a fleet you could be helping with the tests instead of looking for another player to play hide and seek with.

Cc, I see you on often enough, including on my server that you could have been part of the team that helped find those critical issues if only you were in a fleet.

quote:

Originally posted by Zane Marlowe:

I know nothing of the settlement between the two companies, but on the worst case scenario that there were still no back end financing for support, SC and his team still care enough about the game and the community of people who are loyal to it that they are supporting this out of pocket. That is unheard of in big business, and this is one of the benefits of an independent developer.

Not a single dime exchanged hands in this regard. I am supporting it, releasing patches etc, because its my game and I have an obligation to it. The whole problem with no support was during the legal issue and because it was my only recourse at the time in order to put them at risk of a class action lawsuit for releasing a game they knew to be incomplete and which ended up not being supported by us. Were the legal action still going on and I were supporting it, I would have been party to the action of releasing a game that - as we have seen and as per my earlier warnings in November - was not ready for commercial release.

Anyway, enough of that. Its over and done with now.

• 2 weeks later...