Teamspeak Overlay

Tried it during testing tonight, It works with the game. The only issue right now is that it is placed right over the SSD commands on the left side of the game when you are in Bridgeview. For Tacops it is in the perfect spot since it is not overlapping any game commands.

From the readme file that came with the program it stated

quote:

5. Display will be shown on Left-Hand Edge of Screen (this will be configurable in later versions)

Once this is done it will work out just fine with UC.

Guest Remo Williams

Indeed it worked well for me also. It wouldn't be that bad even though its over the SSD on the left if they used another color besides the default green that the game uses for those command options.

Besides that TSO is a very cool edition to Teamspeak.

• 4 months later...

There is a new alpha version of TSO (from aug 23) which has the option to choose whether you want the overlay to appear left-center or right-center. Right-center would place it just above the TLM, I guess.

Unfortunately, there is a problem for TSO to recognize all the versions of directx 9b and 9c.

According to the forum, TSO won't work if it doesn't know your particular version of directx; they are still working on it.

For me it doesn't work yet but it could work for you.

I'll wait some more to see if they come up with a more definitive version; it can be very useful to recognise who's talking without have to guess if you remember the right voice.....

quote:

Originally posted by Dennymale:

it can be very useful to recognise who's talking

I can relate to that. It's easy to distinguish between the European players (italian-english; finnish-english; dutch-english and even english-english)but it turns out to be a lot more difficult to distinguish between the players with an American (US) accent (at least for me).

Papi, does the overlay have enough room to fit three players (maybe 4 when Remo joins the channel)(for mp matches) and still be above the TLM?

And I would like to know the exact link to the source of directx you used. Thanx.

quote:

Originally posted by dreadx:

Papi, does the overlay have enough room to fit three players (maybe 4 when Remo joins the channel)(for mp matches) and still be above the TLM?

Yes, because it shows only the person who is talking, but three would fit just nicely if three persons happen to speak at the same time.

quote:

And I would like to know the exact link to the source of directx you used. Thanx.

I have directX 9.0c installed, which I dl'd from Microsoft site.

quote:

Originally posted by Cartmanbeeps:

Looks cool. But you need every on the server to use it for talking to other players. Dont you?

You can only talk to players who have,

1. installed TS

2. logged to the same TS server

3. logged to the same lobby

quote:

I don't think so, this is only a graphic overlay to let you see the lobby while in game.

One correction. It shows who is SPEAKING in the same lobby as you are, it doesn't show list of people in the lobby.